Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-01-2010, 10:06 AM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default New clothes or Heart Rate Monitor

My birthday is in about 3 weeks and I had ask my DH to get me a heart rate monitor that does distance and speed because I want to start doing 5 and 10Ks with the goal of maybe a 1/2 marathon one day. I also want it to be sort of a fitness assistant and track calories burned and what not. So I found one I really like and while I probably could get a cheaper one, I want this one to have the all the bells and whistles and not wish later that I'd gotten the more expensive one. Anyway, the probably is that I've officially dropped another size and am now about an 8/10 and everything in my closet is a 12/14. All my pants are wearable but baggy and in another 5-10 more lbs (4-6 wks) they won't fit at all. I have quite a few dresses (maybe 5 or so) that fit well. So should I get the heart rate monitor and suck it up through the summer and just wear dresses (I have a professional type office job which "requires" I dress well) and wait till I'm completely finished losing wieght and sizes to get new clothes or wait til July when I think I'll be at goal but probably not quite done and get some clothes to hold me over instead of the heart rate monitor.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:49 PM   #2  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

How about consignment store for the clothes now?
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

I'm biased because I love my Polar heart rate monitor, but I would rather buy some cheap "in between" clothes from the thrift store if I was in your position. I like to search high & low for designer clothes that others give away. A good HR monitor is just so much more motivating!
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #4  

Height: 5'11

I'm with sacha go with the HRM ( I LOVE MINE) and just thrift shop for clothes
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #5  

I too think the HRM. At the rate you are going, you will be buying new ones again in another month!
saycindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:20 PM   #6  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

id go cheap heart monitor and new clothes, but im in love with new clothes lately.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote