Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-30-2010, 01:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

Angry It's only been 2 weeks?! Need some encouragement!

OK, it's been 2 weeks on my plan, and I've only lost 1 pound!

I know I haven't been sticking to my daily points, but isn't that what the flex points are for? I didn't use them up. Maybe I should lower my points a little.

I'm also a very reluctant exerciser! I really have to kick my own ... just to get on the treadmill! I have upped my incline from 4% grade to 5% grade, and try to walk at 3mph for at least one hour, for 3 or 4 times a week. Isn't that enough? (It was the last time! And that was at 3% grade!)

Am I just being impatient? Please, I need some encouragement! I don't really want to quit, but right at this moment, I just want to stop. This is soooo hard!
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:00 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Giving up won't get you anywhere and I am sure you know that . I am not familiar with WW and points and the such at all so I can not help at all there. Just wanted to say don't ever ever give up on yourself and your health
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 286/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

I did WW a few years ago and I know that I lost slowly with it (and with any other plan) I think the key is what you eat. You will retain water if you are eating food high in sodium, you should try to meet the daily protein, healthy fats, dairy, etc. Yes the flex points can be used! Just make sure you are accurately keeping track and double check portion sizes. Hang in there and you will lose again in no time.
xMeaganx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #4  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I know I've heard that you should always use ALL your weekly flex points. But I've never done WW so that's just what I've heard here from other WW people.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 415/350/245

Height: 6'3

How much water are you drinking? It may sound silly but drinking water will help. 1/2 you body weight in ounces is what I've lived by.
azdevils14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:30 PM   #6  

Thanks! I will try to drink more water, if I can remember it.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

Did you just weigh once after two weeks? You could very well just be fluctuating: you might have been 2 lbs less yesterday and back there tomorrow--just bad timing.

This is why I weigh every day. Yes, some days (****, probably at least half the time) it's up just a tad, but it always goes a little further down the next time.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 04:14 PM   #8  

I used to weigh myself every day during that "Summer of Sarah"! It was great! DH used to tell me that I got to emotional, so I decided to weigh once a week this time around. But now I think I will weigh myself everyday again. At least to see which way the numbers are going. Yeah, who knows how much fluctuation has occurred?
Old 05-30-2010, 04:56 PM   #9  
:)

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8-1/2

Do not be frustrated, everything takes time (coming from the self-declared most impatient one, haha). Have you been taking your measurements at all? Sounds to me with your dedication on your treadmill that you may be gaining muscle and losing fat, which is what you want.

Our bodies will build a resistance to exercise. The increased grade on your treadmill is fabulous, incorporate some interval training on it....like, running for one minute, walking for 2-3 minutes, repeat....at an increased grade. Don't give your body a chance to get used to what it can do physically. I have to keep doing this myself. When my body starts getting used to my interval training on the elliptical, I switch to interval training on the treadmill..and I add laps in the pool to keep up the confusion in my body. Jumping rope even helps by adding this for 5 minutes after a workout...and I don't think anyone could possibly hate jumping rope more than I do lol. It's a pain in the butt with all of the "this and that," but it keeps things more interesting for you and your body will respond better.

I'm not familiar at all with point plans, but keep your sodium lower and drink half of your body weight in ounces like azdevils mentioned to do. It seriously helps.

Let me share with you about this one woman who I used to workout at the gym with about 4 years ago (I didn't GO to the gym WITH her, she just worked out at the same gym with me).....this woman was 5'6 and 185lbs, a smaller frame. One of the best fit bodies I believe I have ever seen in person. She used to be overweight at 250lbs and lost it. Her 185 was pure muscle and she was very low in body fat. I am telling you, her body was a knockout. No one at the gym believed she weighed 185, she looked like maybe 130 lbs wet. She was a slim, little fit machine. Last week, I remembered this woman during one of my scale obsessive days. Well, like I said, no one at the gym...man or woman, believed she weighed 185...we thought she was pulling our leg. She went to the scale eventually to prove it and she was indeed 185. When she was at the scale I thought about how she said that too many people focus on weight loss & not fat loss! You know what, she was so right. Recently, remembering her & what she said has helped me ease up on my scale obsessive ways. I hope it will help you too.
MissKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:39 PM   #10  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyandhomebound View Post
OK, it's been 2 weeks on my plan, and I've only lost 1 pound!

I know I haven't been sticking to my daily points, but isn't that what the flex points are for? I didn't use them up. Maybe I should lower my points a little.
I'm also a very reluctant exerciser! I really have to kick my own ... just to get on the treadmill! I have upped my incline from 4% grade to 5% grade, and try to walk at 3mph for at least one hour, for 3 or 4 times a week. Isn't that enough? (It was the last time! And that was at 3% grade!)

Am I just being impatient? Please, I need some encouragement! I don't really want to quit, but right at this moment, I just want to stop. This is soooo hard!
I'm really confused. According to your ticker it says you have lost 13 pounds "this time around". When did you lose the other 12? You also say you aren't sticking to your points and using flex points...SO which is it? If you are still eating below your flex points you ARE sticking to your daily points. If you are eating all your daily points, plus flex points, plus a few other points...then yea, you are not sticking to your points and you might consider lowering them to the next recommended level.

Just remember WW wants you to lose VERY slowly so they can take your money for MANY, MANY weeks. It's a great program...I'm not knocking the nutritional aspect, but they are a major multi-million dollar company...they are in it for the big bucks.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:10 PM   #11  

Hey, THANK YOU ALL for getting me through the first half of my day! My head is on a little straighter now.

LoriBell- sorry for the confusion. This time around actually started last summer. I really didn't want to change my ticker until I got back to that number. Only 1 or 2 more pounds to go!

And I absolutely agree with you on your views on WW! In 2003 a friend was a member, and she gave me a points slider, and a starting booklet. It always seem to work for me, so I kept it.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

Just speaking from my own experiences with WW, I hardly ever used any of my flex points. I lost 75 pounds over a year doing that. Right now I am doing WW and calorie counting, depending on the day. I still never eat my flex points. I know drinking lots of water/tea/sugar free koolaid always helped me get my water intake up.

I am also following the WW plan from a few years ago when you had ranges or points-for example my point range right now is 24-29. I usually try to make sure I eat towards the lower end of it. I'm not sure how the new plan works, maybe the flex points now incorporates that into the plan. I also know the total calorie range for my points so that way if i'm out and cannot calculate or look up the points, i can always fall back on the calorie count of the food. If I'm have a day where i feel really hungry, I try to incorporate some of the 0 point veggies.

Just remember to take it one day at a time.

Last edited by kendra; 05-30-2010 at 09:18 PM.
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:21 PM   #13  
Still working on it..

S/C/G: 306/ticker/130

Height: 5'3

You could try changing up your workout as well. I mostly started on the elliptical, but now I switch it up between the treadmill and the elliptical. I usually fill up an hour each time I go to the gym and I average about 4-5 times a week. A lot of times you can burn more calories on the elliptical and it is lower impact. Also, I understand the concept of WW, but I have found it most helpful to just count calories and fat. That way you can flex your calories based on how much you work out in a day. For example: If I go to the gym and burn 1100 to 1400 calories I eat a lot more that day versus a day I don't go to the gym or only burn under 1000.

Hang in there!! You can do it!!
Bekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:29 PM   #14  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

I weigh everyday. It helps me to make changes and tweak my work-out routine. It's also encouraging to see a loss (even if it's small). Good luck.

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote