Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 12:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Day, All!

Well gals, here it's Oct. 3rd & what happened to my motivation? I still have 28 days left to meet the Halloween challenge. Could someone please give me a good swift kick in the bud, please? I have all the best intentions in the world & then somehow, they all go down the drain! Oh well, life goes on,huh? I guess I'll use today as day (1) of the challenge & then maybe I'll get somewhere. Mel: You talk about Ginny & I as being awesome...what about yourself? Just this past summer, you invited your DN to come live with you. Now that takes a lot of patience to do! How is he doing now? I do agree with you that Ginny is awesome, too! I don't think that I'd have any energy left after driving a bus load of kids around twice a day! And somehow....Ginny still manages to get her walks in! Sassypie: I see your "quick" posts are a lot like mine! Could you imagine the two of us getting on the phone & gabbing? Sounds like you could be getting a little "partied out" though. Somehow when we know that we're doing this for our kids, we find the energy! Oh!, by the way: Happy Birthday, to the little doll! As for your DA: I hope that your family can come up with some kind of agreement with one another. Mental health is such a touchy one to deal with. How old is your DA & how long has she had her mental illness? As for your w/o: I hope that you are able to fit them in to your busy schedule. It sounds like you need to exercise, just to get rid of your built-up stress in your life right now. Oh my!, here I'm giving you the pep talk & maybe I should get my franny up & get with it too! So...I'd better scoot for now. TTFN

Last edited by Freckles; 10-04-2002 at 07:38 AM.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:50 PM   #17  
Searching for Motivation

Hi ladies

Well, the parties are finally over! (phew!!) We had 13 girls here today and things ran amazingly smoothly - I was happy and surprised all at the same time! Dd got so many things that she just loves, she can't make up her mind what to play with first. Younger dd is in heaven too cause she's playing with the things that older dd isn't. It's all quiet on the western front here with everyone as occupied as they are. Dh is worn out and is napping so I have some time to myself for a change.

As far as my aunt goes, she's in her early 60's and from what I understand from my dm, she's had this ongoing problem for more than 25 years. It has progressively gotten worse and it's become an issue that is involving everyone more and more. Currently she is living with my grandma and is causing all kind of problems. My grandma is having a hard time cause she won't stop helping her financially and of course, it's her daughter so all kinds of emotions are involved as well. It's become an issue where my aunt needs to leave my grandma's house and live in an assisted living facility so she can be "supervised" on a regular basis. The problem is that she adamantly refuses to get any help regardless of who tries to help her. Her daughter and I are trying to get the family together to come up with solutions to this "problem". I pray it works.

Moving on to more pleasant stuff....tomorrow dh and I are taking the girls to a little town for a parade and a craft show. It's supposed to be sunny but cool - the PERFECT fall day!! I can't wait to check out the goods, as it's been forever since I've gone craft shopping and I LOVE LOVE LOVE fall and Halloween!!!!

I really would like to know where Spryng and Misty are!?!? I'm surprised that neither have popped in just to say they're ok... it's so not like them. Has anyone heard anything? I hate to be a worry-wart but there's so much that could be going on and I just want to know that everyone's ok. Even if there's a lot of drama going on, please pop in girls - we're here to help.

Ok, I think I'm gonna go catch a cat nap myself while the time is right. Have a nice weekend and see ya later!
Old 10-06-2002, 06:18 PM   #18  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

HI Everyone!

I am back and I have made a promise to myself that I will check in more often!!

Life has been totally crazy around here! Between school starting and dance and soccer and business and then my mom visiting.. I dont think I have had time for ANYTHING!!

My eating has gone down the tubes as has my exercise. But I have committed to start again this week. I have a goal to lose 5 pounds by Halloween. I am going to do it to!

I promise to write more later... I hope all is well!

Hugs!
Old 10-08-2002, 10:23 AM   #19  

Hello Everyone!

I thought I'd check in before my day goes completely crazy! I have my annual GYN appt. at 10:30 this a.m. I'm home for a few hours this aft. & then from 3:30-8:30 this eve., it's complete chaos! (Mom's taxi service kick's in to high gear then.) Should I even tell you all how I'm doing on the challenge? Let's put it this way...I'm glad to have over 2 wks left to work on losing 5#!
We got together with a long-lost cousin this past weekend & gave into all the "sweet temptations". Then...on our way home, we stopped for Pizza! Do I need to say anymore? Karen: Glad to see you back here again! It sounds as though we are in the same boat with everything in our lives, doesn't it? We just have to hang in there & know that things will get better, okay? Sassypie: Glad that you survived all the parties. My ds turns 14 on the 13th of this month. We have our family party on Sat. Eve. & his friend party will be the week after. So...what kind of things did you buy at the craft show? Are you into collecting anything? I'm in the process of re-decorating my foyer. I'm trying to stay with a theme of birds & bird houses. The wallpaper is finally all up & I found rugs that go perfectly with the print. I still need to buy a few pictures yet & also find some more bird houses.
Well, I suppose I'd better get going & hop in the shower so that I can be all fresh for the Doc. C-U all later!
Old 10-08-2002, 11:59 AM   #20  
burned out bus driver

Hi!!!!!!!!
Where is everyone? Where have I been? (lost in space, as usual). No time for a long post- just a quick hello. I had to check something for Dh on the 'puter- and I am done with that- then off to Dd's school for lunch room duty. I hope to get on later- but have my doubts about that. I miss you all- and posting.
Hope to see you later!
Ginny
Old 10-10-2002, 12:10 AM   #21  

Hi!

Just poppin' in to say hello! I tried going to sleep, but DH is snoring so loud that I decided to stay up a little bit longer. Boy, it's sure been quiet at our thread for awhile, hasn't it? I bet we lost few gals when they re-vamped this website. I don't think a lot of them see where to click for the message board, as you used to be able to hit in the middle of the screen where to meet "your friends". So....I sure hope they find us again!! Well, I didn't do too bad with my eating today. I can't say that it was perfect, but I talked myself out of a Turtle Sundae for the past two days! Ginny: Thanks for checking in with us!
Oh, Oh!! DH must have woke himself up by his own snoring & he noticed I was missing, so I'll give him another chance .
Old 10-10-2002, 10:51 AM   #22  
burned out bus driver

Good Morning!!!!!!!!
Wow it has been so quiet here. Miss y'all!!!!!!! But then I have been MIA recently anyway- so who am I to talk?
I decided to sort of take the day off here and not run around so much. I thought for sure my BP was going to be orbital yesterday while at the Dr's for a check up and a flu shot- and it was great. Go figure? Maybe it had something to do with that I had just come from having my hair trimmed - and was rather relaxed from that. As it must sound, things have been all out here- 3 kids, 3 sports schedules, working too much......... and it will probably not slow down too much for a few more weeks. Soccer ends in about 3-4 weeks (mercifully- but then I will have to keep up with Dd's moods as she will be home more~ not too sure if that is a bargain or not!). Basketball has just started for Ds- and I am happy for him about that. Seems as though he does not have quite as much to do as the girls do (but that is his choice).
No walk for me today- I decided to sleep in (until 5:45- big woopee!)

Jackie- glad that you gave Dh another try there- or that he gave up on the snoring! How have his moods been recently? I hear ya- the web site is not as easy to negotiate these days- I have the forum bookmarked and go in using that so I do not have to tangle with the new home page. But I no longer get email reminders of someone leaving a post~ wonder whaaa happened there? ( of course there are days that I do not get to the 'puter- so who am I kidding!)

Well, ladies gotta go clean the family room - which has been neglected for weeks. (bad mommy I am!) Have a great day!
Great to hear from you, Jackie! Jen and Karen, hope to hear from you soon! Spryng- where and how are ya??????
Ginny
Old 10-10-2002, 04:24 PM   #23  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Im Here!

I am having one of those weeks were my time is not my own. Back to back pumkin patch trips, soccer practice, dance Classe, 2 evening Crochet Classes and tomorrow is DH's bday! sigh......

I am doing well, eating is great! But the exercise is non existent! It will get there! I know it will! I just need a slow week... and next week is it!

I need to run, but I promised to check in! I will be back soon!
Old 10-12-2002, 12:24 AM   #24  

Hi!

I'm just dropping a line or two to let you all know that I'm okay.
We had a horrible 25+ car pile up on interstate 43 this a.m. due mainly to the fog & driving too fast for road conditions. 34 people were injured & 10 were pronounced dead. It was such a tragedy & took the authorities nearly 16 hours to clean most of the mess up. The cars were literally piled on top of one another & a big towering inferno on top of that! We live about 20 miles South of the crash site & my brother lives just a few miles from where it happened. We are so grateful that we didn't lose any loved ones.
So far, I don't know anyone that was involved in the crash, but I've shed quite a few tears watching the news. Well, I have to go finish my cleaning. DS's Birthday party is tomorrow for our family. Oh!, by the way....a Happy Belated Birthday goes out to your DH, Karen! I hope you had a great time celebrating his special day with him! Ginny: I know what a worry wort you are, so this is why I posted tonight.
Everyone have a great weekend! TTFN
Old 10-12-2002, 11:01 AM   #25  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!!!
Jackie, you skunk!!!!!!!!!! I am soooooooooooo glad that you posted, I was about ready to email /send a PM to you. Yes, I was worried about you/ Gary and your family. I am so glad to hear that everyone is ok. Hope that Ds's Bday goes well. Thanks for checking in.......and for knowing me so well.

Karen- well the good news is that you are eating well. I am glad to hear that. Enjoy these busy days as much as you can. Glad that you checked in!

Everyone is home today........so it is a busy one. I hope to get a walk in later.........once the much needed rain stops. At least the pond fillled up again (there is a neat pond 3 houses away) so the kids will have a place to skate once winter sets in.
Gotta go unload the dishwasher. Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 10-14-2002, 10:00 PM   #26  
burned out bus driver

Good evening!!!
Well, it is just me, the ol blabblepuss just checking in. So quiet here............Hope everyone is ok. (and a belated happy Bday to Ds, Jackie)

A quiet weekend here. A cold has invaded our home.......and most of us are a little bit under the weather. Nothing awful though. Dd ( the 6 yr old) is the sickest- she has an awful cough and is so droopy. Her class has a field trip planned for tomorrow, and if she does not seem better I might just have to keep her home. Hopefully a good nights sleep will clear things up. Speaking of a good nites sleep, I had better get off this dumb computer so that I can get one too! See y'all tomorrow.
Ginny
Old 10-15-2002, 12:01 PM   #27  

Hello!

It looks as though it's just Ginny & myself again. Oh well, we can carry on quite well, can't we Ginny? I do indeed miss the rest of you though! I'm really having a hard time focusing on my 5# challenge & have made a lot of bad choices lately. I went to the GYN last week for my annual check up & he told me I should be walking 3 x's p/wk so that I can prevent osteoporosis.
We have a history of this in our family & you would think that this would be enough to get my motivation going, right? I'm always going to start "tomorrow" & it's the same old thing, I'll start tomorrow!! I guess what I should do right after posting here, is hop on the treadmill for 20 min. or so. Ginny: I hope everyone gets better in your household. We had the cold bug going around in our house last week & the week before. I kept dd home from school on Friday. DD is in Dance Company at her Dance studio & needed to try & get better for their performance on Sat. She did indeed feel better, but needless to say....they had to dance in the pouring rain for 45 minutes! So far, she's feeling pretty good. Well, I suppose I should get going & get on with my day. See yah all later!

Last edited by Freckles; 10-15-2002 at 12:07 PM.
Old 10-15-2002, 01:08 PM   #28  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!!!
I have time for a quick hello and wanted to see how everyone was doing. Glad that you had time to check in, Jackie!! Good for you going for your gyn check up- gotta take good care of yourself! Gee, I wish we lived closer (somehow the Wis/NY distance is a bit impractical) I would walk with you!!!!!!! Get those shoes on, and I hope that your feet cooperate. Do not dispair about the Halloween challenge. Remember last year- we had the same thing (and stupid me I put most all of it back on!) and I turned up the heat on myself about Oct 15 to finally make one of those challenges. So- lets go for it together.................want to give it a try?
Well, I had better scadoodle here.........got my walk in this am and so far my eating is "OP".
Have a great day!!!!!
Ginny
Old 10-15-2002, 06:01 PM   #29  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Hi Gang!

Where is everyone? I know I know.. I've been MIA too... I just cant seem to get everything back together this school year. I am crazy!

Jackie- Get out and walk girl! I have osteo in my family too... and I need to get those walks in as well. We should prod eachother to do it!

Ginny - I hope things are better in your house today! My youngest is really sick too. She missed dance today because of it! I just hope I dont get it! I never get rid of it when I do...

I am doing fine.. No exercise yet. I have got to get control of my life! I REALLY DO!!

I will talk to you all soon!

Hugs!
Old 10-15-2002, 09:49 PM   #30  

I'M BAAAACK!!!!! And hopefully for good this time!!!! I need to get control back!!!! This is just crazy! How can I KNOW that eating right and exercising is sooo good and makes me feel sooo good but I STILL can't stay on track! I know I'm not the only one that goes through this but man is it frustrating!!! I keep asking myself "Who is in control of your life????" Right now the answer is my fat!!! I want the control back!!!!!!!!!

Well it looks like Karen, Ginny, and Jackie have been keeping it all going around here! Hi guys!!! I haven't had time to read all of your posts but hopefully they're positive and everyone is still on program!!!

Here are my goals for tomorrow:
1. Drink 64 oz of water.
2. Eat healthy (I'm easing back into this!)
3. At least 30 min of exercise.
4. Start a journal of thoughts and food.

On a deeper note....I've been thinking a lot lately about the awful, awful things that happen in this world and decided that I need to start being grateful for my wonderful life...even with all of it's problems it's pretty damn great!!!!! I think I have to start living my life to the fullest! You just never know how much life you have left to live!!!! I hope I'm not being a downer....just sharing some thoughts!!

Talk to you all later!!!
Tami
230/???/??? --I think I'm at about 218 right now...afraid to get on the scale!!!
Closed Thread