Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 10:05 PM   #76  

You can count me in also.

STARTING: 163
MINI: 160
GOAL: 135

I have started my new workout and am really pumped to get it off once and for all
Old 10-01-2002, 12:07 AM   #77  

Default Halloween Challenge

Ok, I am in on this challenge. Today I weigh in at 189 down from an all time high of 240 and would like to be at 180 by Halloween. Maybe that is setting my sights a little high but I have been on a plateau and setting here for quite awhile. Good luck to all. Will check in later. By the way, I am new to this site and not very literate on this online stuff so bear with me.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:27 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Welcome all newcomers!! Kmabry and Jadcie...3lbs and 9 lbs by Halloween is very doable! Good Hag!! I too am a stress/emotion eater...if I got stood up by someone that I was trying to interview I'd binge too! And my eyes are blinded by Anagrams halo! Jadcie...if you've been stuck at a plateau, it's time to shake up your routine...eat a bit differently....excercise differently and a bit more...it probably means that you are breaking even at the calorie intake/burn off ratio...the excercising you've been doing- your body is used to it now...just like we build up immunities to medications...our bodies build up a kind of immunity to the same exercize routine....find something new and exciting to do! try something you've never done before but would like to try...

Oh...i read a wonderful journal entry by someone the other nite that she did to motivate herself to lose weight...Make a list in your journal of 25 things you would like to do when reach your dream weight!! i think it's a wonderful idea and am going to go put it in my journal as well...probably tomorrow after work...some of the things I have in mind may sound kinda silly...but they are things I've always wanted to do and never had the courage to do...even when I was a good weight before!

Jadcie we'll bear with you, dog with you , horse with you , duck with you, water buffalo with you...what ever animal you prefer!! it's a wonderful bunch here at the Halloween Scary challenge!
Old 10-01-2002, 01:29 AM   #79  
Empress/Queen

Default "Bubble, bubble, toil and ...

... trouble! Them soon will be rubble!!!" (Apologies to W. Shakespeare, he said it better and didn't even have smilies to work with!)

Having a free eats night, stirring up the metabolism cauldron and tatting! (It is scientifically impossible to shuttle tat and eat at the same time!)

Welcome to the dark hut in the scary Halloween forest Jadcie and Kmabry!!! As Anagram hath said, thy goals sound doable so c'mon in and let's do 'er!!! Updated roster follows!!!

Anagram: The thyroid meds should really help in waging obtaining dominion over the Demon Scale!!! And, indeed, thy halo IS blinding in the dark scary forest. Slimfast is my favorite binge food, BTW! I LOVE the stuff, especially the vanilla flavor in a can! Hmmm. Thou hast given me an idea for the last binge o' the evening!

Hotsplashes: That's a great idea ... 25 things one will do when reaching a dream weight. Maybe in my case, it'd be a good idea not to wait to do all the things I want to do, because my goal weight remains elusive!

The main thing I once wanted to do if I ever reach the weight I want to be (135 pounds, down from 247), is no longer an option in my life, so I need to think of something else ... but I guess I'd be happy just to finish what I started and also look at that stupid BMI chart and see that it no longer says I'm overweight!

Wooooo-hooooo, the cauldron is burning!!!! The s are fleeing in all directions!!!!
Old 10-01-2002, 01:35 AM   #80  
Empress/Queen

The Scary Halloween Challenge Roster

Amarantha: Starting Weight 164; Now 164.5; Halloween 158

Anagram: Starting Weight 232.8; Halloween 225

Babette: Starting Weight 213; Halloween 199

Bobsgal: Starting Weight 258; Now 256; Halloween 250

Dollar: Starting Weight 209; Halloween 198

Eydie: Starting Weight 157; Halloween 148

Guinever: Starting Weight 164; Halloween In 150s

Hotsplashes: Starting Weight 180.5; Halloween 175

Jadcie: Starting Weight 189; Halloween 180

Kmabry: Starting Weight 163; Halloween 160

Punkinseed: Starting Weight 232.5; Halloween 220

Scoobysnacks: Starting Weight 193; Halloween 185

SplittinMySeams: Starting Weight 237; Halloween 230

Old 10-01-2002, 10:27 AM   #81  
Is it Friday yet?

Just a quick post before I go back home...

My back is out again to the point that I can't sit, stand or walk hardly - lying on my side with my knee up is the ONLY way I'm comfy and then the sound of my squishy lungs keeps me awake. Yup, I'm going back home, sick.... Kaylets, can I get that pass from you????

Amarantha - Fear not the white frosty stuff.... up here in the high desert, altitude of approx. 2,300 feet, we get just enough snow to make things beautiful - yesterday the Cascades got their first dusting and it's incredible. You can't compair it to the midwest - the most we've had here in 10 years has been 6-8 inches. Put it like this - in '99 we had an office in town (30 min. away) and I only drove home in snow 1 time that entire winter. The mornings were a slooooow drive, but afternoons it was clear...
Ok, enough talking you into moving!

Welcome to all the new challenge takers!

Till tomarrow...

Terri
Old 10-01-2002, 10:30 AM   #82  

Well this challenge is working out great. I think its keeping me on target. I have been under alot of stress lately so im just trying not to turn to food. My parents were in a car accident, they are ok, however, my dads in the hospital suffering from some breathing problems. Im going to my parents house for a week. I usually have a tendency to eat alot and bad stuff at my parents house. So im hoping to stay strong and stay on target for the month.

Im really glad i am in this challenge cause im sure i would of gone off my program if i did not have this challenge.
Old 10-01-2002, 11:19 AM   #83  
Empress/Queen

Smile 'Tis the season ...

Witchies, hobgoblins, assorted scary folkettes, it is the FIRST DAY OF THE OFFICIAL HALLOWEEN SEASON!!! That means we can go out and buy plastic pumpkin pails and put little chocolate things in them and eat them all day ...

NOT!!!

The Hag thinketh this is a day o' rededication to the Halloween Challenge!!! She's gonna emerge from the dark hut in the scary wood only long enough to take Old Dog to vet for shot, to exercise and to shop for healthy food. She's gonna work to boil the cauldron and reshape her thoughts in the direction of autumn woods and softly falling leaves and away from evil ugly bad things like Big Macs and dulce de leche!!! Can she do it? YOU BET!!!

Punkin: Sorry thou continueth to aileth! Please resteth up and be kind to thyself as the UNIVERSAL CONTINUUM needeth every warrier well on the journey to ban !!!

I am considering thy additional info re the topic o' snow!

Scooby: Sorry to hear about your parents' accident and now that your dad is hospitalized. It's great that you've been able to stay on the path. Hope you enjoy your visit at your parents' house and that they have a computer so we won't have to go out into the dark forest at the dead o' midnight and raise our voices in song: "Scooby-dooby-do, where are you? Couldn't do a thing without you!!!"

Stay strong, Scary People!! Only 30 more days to HALLOWEEN!!! Yay!!!

(The Hag chanteth: I'm great, I'm great, I'm 158!)

Old 10-01-2002, 12:00 PM   #84  

Default Halloween Challenge

Hi all. It looks like we are all pumped for the challenge. I definitely needed some group support. Thanks so much. It seems like I just need to answer to someone for my eating. Too funny. Good luck.
Old 10-01-2002, 01:04 PM   #85  

Default thanks

LMAO on the NOT

Yes make those big macs and french fries disappearith. And all those naughty halloween treaths. Yea halloween and thanksgiving are the hardest times to eat healthy. HOWEVER WE HAVE THE POWER! WE HAVE A MISSION. WE WILL SUCCEED AND TAKE NO PRISONERS or icecream sandwiches.

Yes i will have a computer at home..not buggy forests for me! The computer is in the kitchen...so i will rem that if i eat something bad im going to be punished by my own guilt of not making the challenge.

Will post later....thanks for the powerful thoughts hag.
Old 10-01-2002, 03:29 PM   #86  

Scoobysnacks so sorry to hear about the accident i hope everything goes ok for your dad.

Welcome to the new comers. The support that we get here is wonderful, I have been feeling a little down this week but it helps to come here. I weigh in tonight and I have been dreading it all week but I now feel a little better about it now and that is because I come in here and read the posts.
Time to scare away all the nasty little fat goblins.
Old 10-01-2002, 08:32 PM   #87  
deleted2

So many new folks! Welcome!
Scooby, sorry to hear about the accident. How's your dad? When you go to stay with them can you take some of your own safe healthy food so maybe you won't be tempted so much?
Punkin, sending you some virtual hot soup. Feel better soon!
I'm staying pretty focused these days---still am apprehensive about getting on the scales regularly. Maybe if I invested in some that were accurate I'd be more likely to use them. I'm forever calibrating mine.
Anybody else doing the 3FC journals? I'm posting my food journal if anybody wants to check up on me.

Goodnight, Witchies!

Old 10-01-2002, 09:04 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Good evening one and all! Welcome newbies! Scooby hope everyone is ok...punkin I'll send you some miso soup and green tea...always works for me when I'm sick..Jadcie group support we are!!! Edyie, may I suggest you add more protein to your diet? I looked at your journal and you are really High on Carbs and scary low on Protien....even if you are a vegetarian...you need protien!! Protien is a good faerie!l...Good Hagothehut! I am psyching myself up to go to the gym tomorrow am...bright and early....gotta make my scary halloween goal!!!

Happy First Day of Scary Halloween Challenge everyone!!!
Old 10-01-2002, 09:08 PM   #89  
Opera Diva

Hey all! I haven't had time to post here lately, but I haven't stopped checking in Things have been chugging right along at school. I can tell that you all are with me (or else you wouldn't be in the Halloween thread) when I say "Yea for boot weather!" I FINALLY get to wear cute boots and sweaters and long pants! (Boo to shorts!) I'm glad everyone else loves the crisp and freshness of this time of year.
Old 10-01-2002, 09:35 PM   #90  
Empress/Queen

[I]Night falleth in the scary forest and all the witchies, goblins, ghosties and assorted fanatical fitness folk are checking their records to ensure they've eaten right and exercised so they can reach their Scary Halloween goalies!!! Hmmmm. The Hag hath finished her eating day at 1645 and hath had NO exercise but contemplates doing weights soon.

VERY hag-dedicated for the rest o' the week to this fearful quest. Looking at schedule and the banquet she must coverth Saturday night, Amarantha thinketh she will break her longstanding Sunday weigh-in rule and weigh-in on Saturday, BUT she will call it Sunday in all her records, so the DEMON SCALE won't know the difference and call out a siren song to eat too much at banquet and weigh-in again Sunday. Perhaps she will fool the naysayer in her soul that sayeth always on the night before weigh-in: "Give up, eat, eat, eat!!!" Then she will have EIGHT days until the next weigh-in and that'll be cool. She will fool herself into losing ! Yep. That'll do it!!

Eydie: Maybe thou could make a pact with thyself to just weigh once a month or once a season! Lots of fitness folk have good success by this method. As you can see by the above, I am far too obsessed with the Sunday weigh-in, so much so that the thought of going to a banquet the night before makes me nuts, even though I need the money from this job. But when I lost the major weight, I DID often skip a week or two of weigh-ins so that I would not get discouraged or would adjust the day I weighed in ... it doesn't really matter, IMO, just so there's an ongoing and rational record of scale weight ... which, of course, is but one indicator of a healthy bodyweight.

I read your food journal ... your menu is excellent and healthy. I've thought of doing one and may soon. It's a cool feature (thanks 3FC) but my haggish bill o'fare beith so unbalanced nutritionally it is no fun to post it!!

The Hag has read Hotsplashes' journal also and findeth it very interesting!!

Dollar: Dread not the Demon Scale ... thou continueth wonderfully on thy journey and it is the journey that counteth, not the destination!

Jadcie: Yup!!! We are primed and WE CAN DO IT!!!! You bet!!! Halloween here we come!

Well, off to my little gym for a little lift!!!

WOooO-HoooOooooO!!!!!!!!!!! We are SO scary!
Closed Thread