Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 09:59 PM   #136  
Empress/Queen

Punkin o' Friday, fear not, The Hag prophesieseth (is that a word?) that thou will find thy weight loss footing again in California ... do NOT forget to come back to this thread or the evil Haggie will come and get you!!! ('N the goblins'll get yu if yu don't watch out!!! ~ James Whitcomb Riley ... although he spelled it better) The Hag KNOWS about that being tired of the slow train to weight loss, but do trieth to remember that thou hast a LIFETIME to do this! Thou wants this to last a LIFETIME and THINGS TAKE TIME!!! ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY!!! SLOW & STEADY WINS THE RACE!!! THE RACE IS NOT ALWAYS TO THE SWIFT!!! NEVER GIVE UP THAT SHIP!!! A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES BEGINS WITH BUT A SINGLE STEP!!! I have more, but I'll spare you! Have a wonderful vacation, Punkin o' Friday!

Dollar!!! Thou (thee?) soundeth bursting with a happy secret to share and The Hag beith so happy for thee (she guesseth what it is)!!! Fear not the weigh-in tomorrow, as whatever it says, you have the DOCTOR'S SCALE seal of approval and that should be accurate enough for anyone!!! You are wonderful with your consistency and good attitude, Dollar, and an inspiration to the Hag-o-matic (don't know where that word came from!) ... Look at how good your stats are in your signature ... you are almost in ONDERLAND!!!! Woooooooo-hoooooo!

The Hag hath jogwalked today and pole walked also and her calorie consumption is in line with her Oct. 13 Challenge recorded in journal.

Where beith all the Gorgeous Witches? Some that started this challenge hath not posted for awhile and The Hag is consulting Harry Potter about sending out Howlers!!! (Hmmmmm, no Howler smilies?)

Hocus, pocus, focus, focus!!! (Waving magic wand over computer!)

Bye, now!!!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 10-07-2002 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-07-2002, 10:17 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Yayyy for Bob's gal!!! Punkin I am jealous! you get to go where it's warm while Poor Dollar and I stay up here in the cold...well of course it was 54 here and no snow...Poor Dollar....It's supposed to be up to 60 tomorrow...Hey did anyone notice that Eydie's trip is very keeping in the theme of our Halloween Challenge? An Edgar Cayce Labyrinth...Scary old Edgar!!! I'm doing well on my eating but can't seem to stop snacking on crackers at nite...I gotta stop that...I think it's to wean myself off of chips!! See everyone tomorrow!
Old 10-08-2002, 01:00 AM   #138  

Hello all. I just returned home from work and read all your posts. I am still sitting on the 185 mark but lost four pounds that last weigh in so cant expect much this time. I have been working on this for several months now but feel I might finally have the mind set to keep it off. I have probably lost a THOUSAND POUNDS in my lifetime on every diet imaginable to man or beast and put it right back on plus more. This time I am more determined than ever to make it and keep it off. Everyone have a good week and when you shop for the little masquerading munchkins, buy something you do not like. Thanks for all the support. It really helps.
Old 10-08-2002, 09:03 AM   #139  

Well it certainly isn't getting any warmer here it is 0 at the moment with a high today of 11. Brrrrr....... We knew it would happen after such a warm spring.
Old 10-08-2002, 10:37 AM   #140  

Well im back from visiting my folks...and it was ok however my dad had to have a bi pass. Thank god he woke up! Thank god. I have been off my diet but the scale says i havent gained any weight which is great. Its rather interesting i have no desire for bad food right now. I think seeing my dad like that has really scared me. Im back on my strict diet lots of water and lots of soup. I have missed reading the halloween forum thats for sure

I bought peanut M&Ms(BLACK and orange) for the office to bring in the fall. I have not desire to touch them.
Old 10-08-2002, 12:28 PM   #141  

Great job at not eating the M&Ms Scooby. That would be a real tough one for me. Sorry to hear about your Dad. I am glad all went well. Will keep you in my thoughts. Hotsplashes, have you tried those mini rice cakes that are flavored with barbeque, nacho cheese, etc.? They are pretty good and help suppress my need for the chips and crackers. I could give up bread forever but really miss those snack type things. Have a great day all. Remember, "If it is to be, It's up to me".
Old 10-08-2002, 03:54 PM   #142  
Empress/Queen

Wooooooo-hoooooo, it's Tuuuuuuuuesday!!! Ok!

Scooby, I'm also sorry about your dad but glad he's gone through the procedure and will be able to feel better in the future. I know what you mean by feeling motivated to care for your own health after watching a loved one go through that. I had a similiar wake-up call awhile back! You are doing great to go through that stressful time and NOT be stress-eating the M&M's ... maybe you could have just ONE? Not!!!

Jadcie: The Hag hath also lost a thousand fluffy in a lifetime, she thinketh ... she refuseth to invite them back! They are such rude guests, eat everything in sight and do NO work! Worst of all, they invite their FRIENDS over and the friends move in, too! The Hag chanteth daily: " stay away! Come again another day ...
NOT!!!

Dollar: Eleven degrees, goodness! That's the high? It's only October, too, you poor thing! The Hag is packing up some of her desert sunshine and sending it your way via express broomstick! You are doing great to stick on your program in the face of such cold.

Hotsplashes: Fifty-four sounds a bit better than 11, but The Hag would like to send you some sunshine also ... hope this doesn't sound arrogant/smug: We down here KNOW you northerners have sunshine ... we just have a lot to spare ... it's left over from summer ... they save it up in a giant Arizona room because we LIKE lots of heat in July and worry that it won't get hot enough!

Woooooooo-hooooooooo! Keep a'going, Gorgeous Goblins, Wonderful Witchies, Glamorous Ghouls!!!!! WE ARE SO SUCCESSFUL, IT'S SCARY!!!!!
Old 10-08-2002, 04:24 PM   #143  

Yes hallow even is soon arriving and im so excite this year...last yea i was 270 and no im 190. I cant wait to get a costume. I was going to be wonder woman but i think i will save that for the bedroom..he he. I think im going to be sponge bob squarepants...cute fellow he is.

Jadcie i know what you mean about the naughty stuff coming back and going and coming back...but amarantha will hex those pounds...and they will be teminated completely!

weather is definely hard. YES SEND your left over sunshine!

well over and out
Old 10-08-2002, 08:08 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Heheheeh...Dollar you gotta make sure you speak American here!lol People are thinking we live in the Arctic when you say 11 degrees!!LOL....11 celsius folks...it's about 50 Farenheit...Poor ole Dollar up in the snow...it got up to 60 today....

Scooby I'm glad your dad woke up....he will be much better because of the surgery...and the two of you can work on being healthy together!! And congrats on not gaining!

Jadcie! you have the crunchies too! It's chips and crackers for me as well....i'm off the chips now...the bf has a big bag in our "chip" drawer and Ihave NO urge for them...but now I've gotta wean myself off the crackers!! I've substituted them for chips..but I don't eat near as much of crackers as I do chips...and I eat my Ritz with PB...so I'm getting protein...but I'm even getting sick of crackers...so that is a good thing...

Finally I would like to thanketh the HagotheHut for sending sunshine up here! It was truly a sunny day! And yes we aRE SCARILY WonderOUS!!!

See everyone tomorrow!
Old 10-08-2002, 08:12 PM   #145  

Booooo..... I have scared away a little bit more. My lose what not what I expected the doctors scale lies but I was down .6 and my meeting leader did bring to my attention that last week I was wearing shorts and today I was wearing jeans and they wreigh 1lb more then my shorts so I was down 1.6 but officailly it is only .6 but that is ok. So Im now at 207 with 9 lbs to go for Halloween Im not sure I will pull it off but I will give it a darn good try.
Old 10-08-2002, 08:22 PM   #146  
Empress/Queen

Scooooooby!!!! Thou hast lost 80 pounds!!! That's an impressive achievement and thou hast cause to be very proud!!! KUDOS!!!

Hmmmm. The Hag's personal opinion is thou should go for Wonder Woman and wear it proudly for the whole world!!! (Thou can keep it on for later, too!) Wonder Woman is a great image of a strong and achieving woman and thou hast really earned that!!! (The little square guy is cute, too, though)!!

Babette/Wood Nymph Arabella? Be thou on a deadline? Hope all is well!

Hope all is well with all, in fact ... The Hag definitely needs a life and must not post so much! Have interviews and meetings all over county tomorrow so may not be here much and that's probably to the good for the sake o' brevity o' the thread!!!

Woooooooooooooooo-hooooo!!!! Sunshine on it's way, Scooooby!!!!!

Here's another one ...
Old 10-09-2002, 06:13 AM   #147  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Angry Hello!

Amarantha, yea though it be not so late in the month, I am already up against it by virtue of painting and sanding and so on when I should have been working and having MIL visit again (does it seem to you that MIL is always arriving here, or is it just me ) I've been doing very well. Yesterday was the first day in six that i didn't meet my challenge, because I had a welcome dinner for MIL and threw caution somewhat to the wind and had dessert as well as too much wine. But since I was on my feet all day and have been working like a mad fiend since last Thursday, I think that I will just forgive myself and move on. If I had been counting painting points I would have had plenty to make up for the splurge.

Exhausted today. I drop off the Moms for a three day leaf-peeper tour they're going on. Then I've got a painting class this aft and this evening I've got my first meeting of a writing group I've just joined. If it weren't my first one I would think of begging off and just collapsing tonight, but I had better go.

Scooby, what a fantastic loss! 80 pounds is amazing! I can't WAIT to weigh 190 again, or even to just squeeze under that big ol' 2! Thanks for being a reminder that --- uh, I CAN get there from here! i chide DH for constantly whingeing about 15 pounds he'd like to lose, and think that if that was all I had to take off I could do it easily, but in fact I would be THRILLED to take off 15 pounds and would feel comparatively slender. OK. Renewed resolve! That leftover dessert is going in the freezer and I am going to stay OP today! Bet you would be a fantastic WW!

Dollar, where are you in Canada? I'm in PEI -- 11 degrees is not too bad, although I love the unseasonably warm days - say 15 or so! Our leaves are behind schedule here, usually this weekend they would be almost at their peak and this year they're just starting.

Hotsplashes, you are right - chips are the devil's food. And I always feel like, why not have dip whist at it! You can eat a lot more chip calories than almost anything else, without getting really full. And the salt will really getcha, too!

Eydie, thanks for the report on the labyrinth. We don't really have the space for one here, but I am going to put one on my "ideas" list. I think that I could approach the city council about making one in some public space.

Let's make this a frighteningly fabulous day, Everyone!

Last edited by Arabella; 10-09-2002 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-09-2002, 08:55 AM   #148  

Babette im in Ontario, not southern and not quite Northern, above lake ontario and beside lake Huron. I love this time of year and our trees are also late this year uassually by this weekend all the leaves have changed colour. I think this year they are just going to come off the trees still green. I miss all the colours.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:36 AM   #149  

Amarantha you cant get a job or get a life....you better stay right here where the hag belongth. HE HE cause your just to funny!
Well i dont know how ok it would be to prance around in my wonder woman costume at worksy....hehe. Might get a raise out of the deal. However its always been a dream of mine to be wonder woman for halloween maybe i can change into that costume when i got home and walked around outside for a little bit..he he.

Barbette you can do it. Its going to feel so good once you get below 200 lbs. That was one of the best feelings. And im excited for u!

I find fall the hardest season. I guess cause its getting cold...and i feel as if another year passed. Kind of a feeling of getting older and getting older is always hard.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:23 PM   #150  

Fall always makes me think of chili, hot dogs over the fire and pumpkin pies, etc. I wonder why different seasons make us think of certain foods. I never have a season that makes me think of rice cakes and yogurt. LOL I guess that mind set will just have to change. I am a lot more motivated this time and you are such a great help. I am not going to weigh till Friday so hopefully I will show a small loss. Cant hope for too much since last week was a big one. Everyone have a great day.
Closed Thread