Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-10-2010, 01:24 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

lol, never heard it called the "bone" but yeah. I think that is against the pizza law...oh my it's late...i think i'm finally tired. g'night all!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:46 AM   #212  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
lol, never heard it called the "bone" but yeah. I think that is against the pizza law...oh my it's late...i think i'm finally tired. g'night all!
LOL! I never had either until I started dating Angie...her family has always called the end crust the pizza bone....last week I saw this Family Circus cartoon in the paper

Last edited by EZMONEY; 09-16-2011 at 10:09 AM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:49 AM   #213  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Well I was 188.8 this morning...

last night we went for Mexican food after Angie's yoga class....

I ordered the chicken/cheese/beef enchilada plate and added a taco...a lot of food...

but I had a plan I stuck too...

brought home 2 enchiladas and 1/2 rice and beans....

still high calorie but I will probably eat it for "brunch"...

killing two belly birds with one stone...

be good
Old 07-10-2010, 11:15 AM   #214  

hey there everyone.
Gary i love Family Circus! that is so cute. Cool, now i will just call the crust the bone, and I DON'T eat bones. lol.

well scale was 181.6 today. I know that will happen so it doesn't phase me. I am going to do my LEGS today. find a good routine and just work them sore.

Gary, you are alot closer to your goal then i am. But, I did something yesterday that was enlightening. I am still 35 lbs from goal, and I backslid for almost a year. heh. but i posted about how the effort i put into just losing 16 lbs stuck with me. And I took a pic to prove it! That is so motivating. So what the scale doesn't just drop the numbers like crazy. You are still owning your hard work. 188 for a 6' guy is still good!

My dad was 165 lbs at 6'1 and he was really wiry--muscular but wiry, and when he gained weight he developed just a bit of a gut. He lifted furniture for a living. I even witnessed him carrying a recliner on his back, with one of those back straps...

have you tried lifting weights? Not hard core, but just toning. I love weights. I am not a huge lifter, i just use free weights. i wonder if your body just wants to tone now...those last 10 pounds are always the hardest!
Old 07-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #215  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post

have you tried lifting weights? Not hard core, but just toning. I love weights. I am not a huge lifter, i just use free weights. i wonder if your body just wants to tone now...those last 10 pounds are always the hardest!
I have a great weight machine in the gym/built in the garage...haven't used it in years! My son will end up with it one of these days when I am ready to take a wall out and move it...

I know...I know....

I did get 3.5 slow miles in today
Old 07-10-2010, 01:12 PM   #216  

woohoo. good job on the miles! my mom had a whole bunch of weights and she bench pressed around 150-200. heh. she scared the neighborhood bullies off. i remember in our house in new york--she had the weights in the carpeted dining room. we ate in the kitchen anyways.

we used to build forts by tying blankets around her weight benches and stretching them around the room. heh. they anchored them pretty good.

then in Florida and OK, she had weight sets in the garage. not as much fun to mess with although i would work out with her occasionally.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:42 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Never heard the crust called the "bone" either! Today's been a long day. I went to a cousin's birthday party and wound up in the ER with my grandfather after his lips turned purple and blue on us and he couldn't get his breath. He's had three surgeries in the past three weeks and has a possible infection from one of them. So he is being hospitalized. I've never seen him look so feeble so it was a rough day. Missed my girl's night out but being with family was more important. Food was completely shot today due to my plans being thrown out of whack due to the party and impromptu ER visit. I've got a funeral to attend as well tomorrow. I still haven't gone and gotten my gym pass since it's gotten crazy around here all of a sudden. Have a good night!
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:21 AM   #218  

omg, brat. I pray things calm down. I hope your grandpa is alright and that it is not Sepsis. That sounds pretty scary, it is good he was surrounded by loved ones.

Try to maintain while you are going through so much hectic stuff. You are doing such a good job. Don't let it derail you. Stress puts alot of STRESS on your body in every way.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:21 AM   #219  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Prayers for your family and grandpa BRAT Hoping your "crazy" week slows down and you can rest and refocus...hugs

Love the "weight" story JEN

Well I am up to 191 today...no one to blame but me...

I ended up eating my leftover enchiladas too early for brunch...then killed off the 2 left-over bratwurst for a snack before dinner...

dinner was ravioli and salad....

then...rare for me...I had a small bowl of chips after a dinner

4 beers on the day....

What else would I expect but a "raise!"

Have a great Sunday
Old 07-11-2010, 09:42 AM   #220  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

The ex and i went to my parents yesterday to cut down a tree. My job was hauling the "branches" away. Okay some were small trees and others were logs, but it was work. They took us to dinner...chicken quesadilla. I ate 3/4 peices. I was impressed with how far I could toss some of those branches.Today the scale said 177. Not bad.

Pizza with no crust?? that is just wrong.

Still hoping I can do the gym thing. I do like all the machines there. My weights at home are just not the same. I did find one that is $20/month. My ex"s unemployment leaves us short about $200/month. If my son gets one of these jobs he's hoping for it might be okay.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:23 AM   #221  

Oh Tiger i hope he gets a job then, if it will be helpful, what a small price for your well being.

Gary, do you weigh yourself right after you eat? heh. Just kidding. I know you are smarter than that. Well, you will go back down. Got to make those good choices...and maybe pick up a weight or two to build more fat burning muscle! oh and remember what happened when you drank water?

brat, i hope you have a good day!

afm: 179.8 on the scale today! woot. I broke the evil 180 again. I know it will be shortlived, tomorrow it will probably bounce up a lb or 2 but i'm not going to get discouraged.

I think i will swim for 20 minutes today. I am hungry right now, so i will eat an egg...then go swim. i'm still pretty sore from the workouts, especially the abs!
Old 07-11-2010, 11:22 AM   #222  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

I also forgot to add to my post last night since I was so tired that I also got pulled over for the first time on my way home for speeding from the hospital. I had just entered a construction zone and was already slowing down but that didn't seem to matter. Still my fault completely. He WAS going to let me go with a warning but then noticed my inspection was up so I got a ticket for that! Funny thing is as soon as I left and got back on the road the cop was already pulling someone else over. One good thing about me hanging around the hospital is that I got to visit with family which was fun considering the circumstances and one of them told me about a job opening nearby where I live that I might have a good shot at so I applied to it last night! So I have some hope now! I should be back on plan today. I do have a funeral to go to later today. Have a great Sunday guys!
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:25 PM   #223  

omg, brat, I hope the ticket is a small price to pay for the favor of being in the right place to get a possible job! I am praying and hoping you get it.

well, i am bushed.

today, was kind of aggravating. it was like pulling teeth to get the time for me to swim....and finally i got the chance, and was doing laps...and it started thundering...

but you know what? PRAISE GOD. I didn't care, we haven't had rain in like 2 weeks. and we got some!
Old 07-12-2010, 09:55 AM   #224  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Nothing good to say here this morning....dang!

My daughter's 27th birthday yesterday was burgers/cheese/avocado....salads with tons of goodies....potato salad...washed down with beer....

try-try again
Old 07-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #225  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Not much to tell. Still working out at home. I put in a lot of miles during a week. I either walk, walk/jog, or do intervals. I really can't afford a gym right now, wish i could. Weight is hovering around 177. Hopefully after TOM (in about a week) it will go down a bit more.

We have had a few weird storms just pop up out of nowhere. it is staying pretty warm and muggy though.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote