3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   :( I dont weigh less then my bf..anymore.. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/202769-i-dont-weigh-less-then-my-bf-anymore.html)

Firecracker777 05-25-2010 01:49 PM

:( I dont weigh less then my bf..anymore..

So my bf stepped on the scale and he is down to 212lbs. He hasnt been dieting, not really exercising but he has lost 17lbs!! I was so excited when I THOUGHT i finally weighed less then him. The only thing he is doing different I guess is what I give him for dinner and I think he may be eating a little better at work but nothing as severe as my changes! Im happy for him even though he doesnt really need to lose much to be back where he wants to be. He said he was happy around 190 so lucky him he doesnt have much to go lol So now I must lose 6 more lbs to be back below him, that is until he loses more lol

Gold32 05-25-2010 01:58 PM

Ah, yes... guys lose weight so easily. I swear my husband is the only person on earth who gets an 8-5 "desK" job and LOSES weight. But I can relate. I have the same mini-competition with my husband. Our weights are very different, but so are our heights. So one day he rolls out of bed and puts on my jeans. AND DIDN'T REALIZE IT. He stood there going, "Something isn't right..." while I laid there looking at my now curvy hubby, torn between laughter and anger.

Sometimes I wonder if my not pushing him harder to join my weight loss efforts is from me sincerely not wanting to force anything on him (and with this guy, even bringing up the question can be like forcing it) or from me trying to prevent him from "beating me" some how. Silly... I know...

Sunnigummi 05-25-2010 02:01 PM

My husband is 5'11 and weighs 145. I'm struggling to get to 150 and even when I do get to 145, I won't look like him (he's very lean and muscular). Le sigh. If I was in your position, I would be happy for the bf, but I wouldn't be able to help feeling a little envious. There have been plenty of posts about this very topic (male v. female weight loss) and it's basically just gender differences. VERY unfair, but oh well. Whatcha gonna do? ;)

Good job on your loss and hang in there! :D

Firecracker777 05-25-2010 02:14 PM

hahahahaha too funny! my boyfriend has put my jeans on before! and they were a little loose but he was almost going to wear them until i was like get my pants off! lol

MeganTheMushroom 05-25-2010 04:29 PM

I actually had a very easy time losing weight, I think it's because I changed my diet for the intention of being healthier, not the intention of losing weight, that was just an added bonus ;p
I never get fast food cravings of want unhealthy foods realy badly, so it was no struggle,
but good for you on your weight loss so far! And be happy for him too, plus you can use him as motivation :)

And be happy that you have a bf, too -.o