First weekly weigh-in tomorrow.

• I'm nervous. I'm going to check tomorrow morning.

I haven't had the best luck with the diet part of it all... stupid school lunches. The school I'm at... are far from healthy. The smallest calorie count on any of the lunches (including the salads) is 400. And that's not even including the side of carrots/peas, the fruit for desert, etc. And that meal only comes around once every other week. So... yeah...

But I've been riding (horses) a lot. Two lessons this week. Worked really hard. And last night I spent three hours non stop dancing.

So yeah... hopefully I've gone down a pound or two. I'm just... nervous.
  • Youll be great! Don't sweat so much... Unless you're exercising. That would be totally fine!
    The weekly weigh in is not the end-all, be all of this experience. Yes, it's the big driving factor behind many of our plans, but let's face it - This is also about making changes to be healthier, which is what you're trying to do.
    In regard to the lunches... Any way you could take lunch to school with you, so you have better control over what you get? Just a thought!
  • I'm going to be taking lunch with me until Thursday (my last full day of school). It'll be annoying... but I need to. I just never was able to because I'm on the reduced lunch (I pay $0.40 instead of the $1.75 that everyone else does), and it costs more to make a lunch than just get that.

But four days? Shouldn't take too much out of pocket money...

So... I'm 214.4. Kind of dissapointed because I first used my scale (HORRIBLY innacurate), and it said I was 209. Then I got on my parents' scale... 214.4. Oh well. I need an accurate starting place. My first goal is to be able to fit comfortably into at least a size 12 by the end of the summer (a size 10 would be nice... but not necessary). I'm currently a size 16, with the occasional size 14 (like in dresses, REALLY stretchy jeans, etc). So yeah... I CAN do it. (hehe... took me like... five rewrites to make sure I didn't put "I HOPE I can" or "hopefully")
  • You can totally do it! Great job with all of that exercise! It's also great that, even though it's only 4 days, you'll be bringing lunch with you. The fact that you aren't simply saying, "well it's only 4 days, I'll just start next week" really shows how committed you are to this! Great job! Also, for the salads, I'm assuming the high calorie count is coming from the dressing (although you didn't specifically say what kind of salad is served), so perhaps you could bring your own dressing in a container so that you could just have dressing on the side, and control the calorie amount?

Well anyway, good luck, you can do it!
  • It's not just the dressing. They put fried chicken in, they put honey baked ham in, and other "extras", that... technically you could take out... but by the time you take them out, you don't have much of a salad anymore.
  • I agree! You are going to do great!
    Another thing you might want to do is take measurements. It's almost scarier than the scale at first, but it is such a good feeling when the scale hasn't budged to realize that an inch has come off your waist. Especially since you are going to be building muscle!
  • Hope your weigh-in goes well, but don't stress it too much. Just keep up the good work and slowly but surely you will see results.