Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-24-2010, 03:34 AM   #1  
Taking It Back

S/C/G: 199.8/189.2/134.2

Height: 5'6.2"

Default Scale error message

I have an Oregon Scientific digital scale. Recently, I stepped on and saw the message that the batteries were low. After charging them and putting them back in, I got a new error message, "E F". I have tried holding reset, switching the batteries around, holding other buttons in, and pushing each button to no avail. I finally dug out the manual and can not find the error code mentioned (they have lo, err1, and err2). Can anyone help me? I spent $50 on this scale and it has been perfect until now. (Well, somedays I wish it would not be afraid to tell me a little white lie about my weight, but other than that. . .)
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:45 AM   #2  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

If you don't have the manual anymore, try googling the make and the model number.

I don't have that brand of scale, but I've always had good success getting appliance problems solved by googling and reading the manual.
fcmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:27 AM   #3  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Try calling the manufacturer - perhaps they can send you a new batteries if the scale was purchased recently?
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:53 AM   #4  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

Scales can be funny sometimes. I really tried to find a solution for you. I googled everything I could think of but I didn't come up with any explanation for that particular error. I am not sure of your scale model, but I did come up with some information that may be helpful to you. Apparently, after you replace the batteries, you have to follow some steps to reset the scale. I will paste the details and give you a link to where I found the info. Check the reviews on the site for more info as well. Hopefully it will be helpful to you

Quote:
the instructions (or lack thereof). As well as being written out of order (how to change the date is on page one, but how to actually install the batteries and perform an essential synchronization is a secret until page five), the procedure for entering your height, which is essential for measuring your BMI, is entirely missing!!!

I used the free customer service number (fifteen minute wait) to find out what to do. They knew exactly what I wanted, hooray, but couldn't explain why it was missing from the instructions, boo! Anyhow, to save you a phone call, the procedure to set your height is to first press the top left button, then select the user number. Then, press and hold the 'SET' button until the display flashes, when you set your height with the arrow buttons. Finally, press 'SET' again. Repeat the process for other users.
http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-Scienti...ews/B000FEA2UY
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:58 AM   #5  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

I suggest google too, but it looks like sweetnlow had some good info!

TOTALLY off topic, but is that your cat in your avatar??? So cute!
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote