Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-18-2010, 05:23 PM   #1  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Meeting topics?

Hey guys- at my work we have a biggest loser competititon going on- and lately it seems everyone is slacking. I thought at work it'd be great to have a small meeting to help get everyone on track.

I wanted to pick some good topics to discuss without making people feel like they are being chastized in any way.

Any good ideas for topics? The last meeting we had we had everyone bring in a healthy recipe on paper to share

I wanted to try and find a way to make it fun also- we aren't a large group- only 6 of us.

Thanks!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

What if each person brought a recipe they enjoy on paper. Pass the recipe one to the right and have that person "healthy" it up a little.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #3  
Taking care of me.

What about picking one of the TMI or unexpected benfits of weight loss type topics from here. Maybe an "I want to stay fat because...." topic.

There are threads on pretty much every forum that would make great topics.
MoveMoveMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #4  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

- Rewards for reaching a certain mini-goal?

- Name 3 improvements that you made in your own (or your own family's) life that would be generally applicable to others.

- What is the biggest obstacle on the weight loss journey?

- Different approaches to weight loss (diet / calorie counting / exercise) and their pros/cons

Last edited by Tomato; 05-19-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
Hey guys- at my work we have a biggest loser competititon going on- and lately it seems everyone is slacking. I thought at work it'd be great to have a small meeting to help get everyone on track.

I wanted to pick some good topics to discuss without making people feel like they are being chastized in any way.

Any good ideas for topics? The last meeting we had we had everyone bring in a healthy recipe on paper to share

I wanted to try and find a way to make it fun also- we aren't a large group- only 6 of us.
If people are slacking, perhaps deciding on a weekend mini-goal for each person is a good idea. EX: "This weekend, I will... (walk 5km)... (make a veggie lasagna)... (go to the gym)".
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote