Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-18-2010, 02:37 PM   #1  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

Default What have I done?!

Ok.. so I started out my weightloss attempts after Christmas. Decided to try calorie counting and really like it. Did LA in the past, but it just wasn't something I wanted to do again.

I lost 15lbs. since Christmas and last month.

Fast forward to now... I have totally just destroyed my efforts. I didn't gain much back.. a few lbs. I think. BUT how could I go from doing so good and exercising, to doing so BAD??

I know what to do, how to do it.. just can't make myself do it.

Woke up this morning with all intentions to get back to basics. Had a good breakfast.. then at work at my lunch went and got some hot fries, little chocolate donuts and PB M&Ms.. why?? I DUNNO! I just tell myself "who cares??" Obviously I CARE!

I feel like a fat cow sitting here in my chair.. my pants that are too big that I had to pin on the sides aren't QUITE as baggy. Still have then pins in them, but its not what I want it to be like!

If I didn't have work today and have to be around students I would find a corner and cry.

When I get home today I think I am going to go and sweat my @$$ off on the treadclimber.

Just needed a moment to vent!!

::sigh::
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 292/250/175

Height: 5'7''

Put the past behind you and jump back on track! You're absolutely right - you obviously know what to do and how to do it, so now it just needs to be done! I know that having a few bad eating days can make you feel unhealthy and awful. After doing so well, going off track for a while can make you feel like a complete loser. However, we CAN'T let ourselves feel like that. You've already lost 14 lbs. That's GREAT! No matter how you feel about yourself right now, you need to remember that you have been successful and can continue to be successful if you try.

Look at your time off your eating plan as a "break". Now the break is over and it's time to get back at it! Go home, eat a good, low calorie, healthy meal and then get on that treadclimber sweat those M&Ms away!

Good luck!! You can do it!!
Danielle2842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:18 PM   #3  
love it or lose it

Thank you Danielle! You have made me feel a lot better.. that is why I came on here today!

It really helps to hear some encouraging words. Great way to look at it too.. the long horrible break it over.

AND I need to tell my DH to tell me NO if I suggest going for a blizzard.

Last edited by shortandfluffy; 05-18-2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: can't spell :P
Old 05-18-2010, 04:08 PM   #4  
Starting Fresh

Something I have never understood is what if we feel so badly, why do we keep doing it?

I am the same way - I slip up, feel like crap and keeping on eating things that make me feel bad.

Good luck and just get back on track - the day isn't over!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:17 PM   #5  
love it or lose it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical View Post
Something I have never understood is what if we feel so badly, why do we keep doing it?
I really wish I knew.. for me it seems like a bad cycle I get stuck in. Eat something bad, get mad at myself, eat something else bad to make me feel better, then feel guilty about it... its exhausting!

And the day isn't over! I am going to try and do what I can to end it right.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:26 PM   #6  
I'M WORKING ON IT

S/C/G: 205/ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

I understand your frustration, I'm stuck at this weight and it won't budge. I know what I need to do, but I don't play by the rules anymore and I'm letting go. All my efforts... I don't want it to be wasted. It happens every now and then, but before I'd completely drop out of my weight-loss mindset. Now I try to fight through the hard patches.
I'm eating veggie stir-fry for lunch. That's a step in the right direction.
You can do it too!
RienQueNny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #7  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

In my most recent weight loss effort, it took me a few false starts before I got into the groove of healthy eating again. I didn't wake up one day wanting to eat salads, but after practice, I started eating better. Keep trying, you can do it.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote