Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-19-2010, 11:12 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 239/200/130-140

Height: 5'8.5"

I have a pair of pants that fit from like 175 to 225. They were tight at the end.. but really.. those things were amazing.

Now I'm in the horrible limbo where size 18 pants literally fall off of me (to the floor if I din't pull them up) but size 16 is still major muffin top! Not cool.
SouthLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

Pants are a major frustration for me in general. No matter what size I've always had a hard time finding ones that fit well. I'll admit it... I've got a large tush and tend to carry weight in my stomach as well, but I have a pronounced waist. A lot of pants that fit around my hips are too big on my waist and a lot of times in the legs as well. Ironically because I have a hard time finding well fitted pants I should be trying them on more, but it is my least favorite clothing item to shop for and I'm less apt to shop for pants.

Because of my hips pants rarely fall off me they just end up sagging everywhere. I'm in this in between stage with a lot of my pants where I'm trying to determine if they are too loose to wear. It is a good problem to have!

Wishing you all baggy pants in your future!

Last edited by Renwomin; 05-19-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:27 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/115

Height: 4'10"

HAH! I am, sadly, the victim of a very horrible and apparently inescapable genetic defect. I do not know if there is a medical term for it, but the whispered word within my family (which is, of course, where I picked up this horrible defect) is "flatassitis". I do hope I have not offended anyone with the term.

This defect can lead to some very interesting shopping trips, and with my current weight loss, a very weird way for pants to sit on my body. My favorite pair (the pair I like to wear when I walk in fact) have gone beyond clown pants at this point. But I can still wear them, and doggone it, I love them. It will be a sad but happy day when I can no longer walk safely in them. I am fairly certain they will go another 5, and might stretch to 10 pounds..so that would make 40 to 45 pounds of leeway. Not bad for a pair of 12 dollar clearance capris!!
TornadoSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:19 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoSiren View Post
HAH! I am, sadly, the victim of a very horrible and apparently inescapable genetic defect. I do not know if there is a medical term for it, but the whispered word within my family (which is, of course, where I picked up this horrible defect) is "flatassitis". I do hope I have not offended anyone with the term.

This defect can lead to some very interesting shopping trips, and with my current weight loss, a very weird way for pants to sit on my body. My favorite pair (the pair I like to wear when I walk in fact) have gone beyond clown pants at this point. But I can still wear them, and doggone it, I love them. It will be a sad but happy day when I can no longer walk safely in them. I am fairly certain they will go another 5, and might stretch to 10 pounds..so that would make 40 to 45 pounds of leeway. Not bad for a pair of 12 dollar clearance capris!!
I suffer from that same syndrome! It's hilarious to me that my flat (aka pancake) butt can get wider and wider from left to right, while slowly caving in instead of growing outwards.

Go us in the baggy pants club!
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #20  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

There is hope for sufferers of flatassitis: Strength training that focuses on building the gluteal muscles. I do not suffer thusly myself, and yet working on my gluteal muscles has noticeably changed the landscape of my buttock area. For example, when I'm looking at myself side-on in the mirror, and I flex my bottom muscles, the entire thing PERKS UP visibly. Sort of goes from this shape ) to this shape > is what I mean.

So I highly recommend butt-training
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/115

Height: 4'10"

My husband has promised that if we ever become exorbitantly wealthy, that he will buy me a butt. Brazil here I come! But in the meantime..excuse me while I flex..
TornadoSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 286/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

I'm glad to know that it isn't just me! I have a pair of LEI 24's, that I've had since my highest weight. Granted, I was squeezing into them before, and here I am 60 lbs lighter and 2 sizes (maybe 3) down and still wearing them. They are lose in the waist and in the calf areas but not the thighs! If only I could lose the thighs!
xMeaganx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:36 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

ha ha!!!! Another sufferer of flatassitis here. And even more sadly, I have the comorbidity of bulgingbellyitis. Not a happy combo!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:13 PM   #24  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutsMom704 View Post
ha ha!!!! Another sufferer of flatassitis here. And even more sadly, I have the comorbidity of bulgingbellyitis. Not a happy combo!
Yep. My hip measurement would lead one to believe I have a booty. <Sigh> my full, rounded part of my hips is in front.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote