Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-18-2010, 01:51 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 240/238/140

Height: 5'5"

I totally know how you feel. I'm right there with you. For the longest time I was losing then, it turned into maintaining, but now I'm gaining and to be honest, I don't know why! Nothing has changed in my habbits, but I put 5 pounds back on and I'm pretty sure an inch or two!
soxmanyxemotions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:16 PM   #17  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
Oh crud, that's a drag. Well...it's time right now to get back on track. Right this minute! I was just noticing that you have some nice goals listed in your signature, it would be a shame to have spent all that time thinking about them and writing them down only to throw in the towel before you reach the first one! Don't undo all your hard work. Force yourself to stay on track...Whatever it takes just get through tomorrow! You CAN do this.
Yep, once again I agree with Lori. Do something about it TODAY and get back on track, you CAN do this
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #18  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Thanks, ladies

soxmany, do you mean you're gaining while on plan? Could you be not eating enough?

Last edited by ParadiseFalls; 05-18-2010 at 02:39 PM.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:46 PM   #19  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadiseFalls View Post
This is SO my problem. Story of my life. I'm going to make a conscious effort to not do this.
Me too!

I let one slip up, turn into a meal, turn into a day, turn into a week.

It snowballs out of control.

I just made a post about something similar to this. You aren't alone in this... we all have struggles in some way or another.
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:09 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I had a bad month in April where I kept losing my way. I didn't go completely crazy and eat all the same things I used to but I was only doing a half hearted job of staying on plan. And it showed on the scale - I managed to get to a low of 221.8 and then went all the way back up to 228.4 at one point.

A few things that helped - first, I kept posting on 3fc. I even kept posting on a daily weigh in thread so I saw what my weight was doing. So even though I wasn't changing my ways, I wasn't hiding my head in the sand either. I kept trying - I didn't succeed several times, but I'd have a day or two back on plan before slipping again. But it still helped to keep me connected with my plan, rather than just completely chucking it away.

And then, as I saw the scale climbing into the 228s, that became my line in the sand. I decided that I was NEVER going to weigh in the 230s again. I had come too far to go back there. So that is what finally got me going again for real. And I was able to lose all the weight I had gained and then some, and now I'm back on a downward path again.

Try to go back to what you did to start with - focus on the right food choices along with drinking enough water. And start asking yourself with every bite if this is going to help you get where you want to go. It may sound silly but there were times when I thought about eating something and then reminded myself that I'd rather see a loss on that scale than eat that extra food.

Good luck - and keep posting!!!!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:05 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 219/199/165

Height: 5'5

Thank you for posting this, I am in the same position. I was doing great and lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks, then this last 2 weeks I fell off my workout plan. Which is the biggest thing for my body. The advice you got helped me too. I can't wait to wake up early tomorrow morning and get back on track. Thanks everyone!
springlover is offline   Reply With Quote