Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Anyone's goal in the higher range to keep the girls

So my girls are starting to look a bit deflated even though I'm still a D (I'm not even sure how this is possible, pregnancy I guess). Pre pregnancy (about 40lbs heavier than I am now) I was a C and pre weight gain I was a B, so I'm not even sure how I'm still a D, but whatever. Anyways, I'm pretty happy with the size they are now, the make me look smaller I think and my DH is a booby guy so it's a win win. But I'm worried that if I lose as much as I want they'll be smaller that I'd like. So I'm trying to put a priority on it because I'm not sure that I'll be happy at the weight I'll need to be at to keep them...this is such a stupid post, does anyone think about this?
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:55 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I think the best weight for you is a weight where you feel most comfortable with your body as a whole...that may mean accepting a little more fat in the thighs to keep your chest bigger, or a little less fat in the chest so you can lose another inch in the waist. The girls are just one part of the package.

I never had much in that department anyway, so it wasn't a big concern for me (I'm pretty much the only person in the world who was a SMALL B at 300 lbs).
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

It's totally something I think about! I'm not even close to that point yet, but I can tell they're getting smaller (I mean, along with the rest of me, it's too be expected--but I don't want them to get too small!)

I agree with mandalinn--to be comfortable as a whole. That's a pretty big battle though at any weight, I imagine!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

yeah, they are fat. so when body fat decreases so do they. I'm with you though..i don't want to lose mine either.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:26 PM   #5  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

I have had big girls since forever. A few years ago I went from 195 to 145. The girls went from a 42DD to a 38DD. The girls didn't change, just my ribcage size.

Any of you who want them, you can have them. I detest the big ole floppy things. My back and neck hurt, they are in the way, I pinch them and put blood blisters on the side opening pasture gates. I can't find a decent, comfortable and sexy bra. Button up shirt, yeah, whatever. Sweat, heat rash, irritation from bra rubbing, dry the underside with my hair dryer after I shower, they are over rated.

On a funny note, I have a friend who has NO boobs. Never owned a bra, One day she said she had something under her shirt that I didn't, I'm like yeah, right, what? She says "room" she had me on that one. lol
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:10 AM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm with Janelle! Ya'll can have mine! LOL!

My husband keeps staring at me and sighing, but I don't care. All my loss is coming off in my chest this month. I've gone from a tight DDD down to a D just this month. I'm thrilled!! I can cross my arms, I bounce a whole lot less when I run, I don't feel like I am my chest! I can look down and not see cleavage! It's amazing.

I do not like being the center of attention and I always felt like having these girls made me the center of attention.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:41 AM   #7  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I'm with Mandalinn, one of the reasons I don't know yet what my true goal will be is that I want to see what I look like once I get to 165. There's some saying about as we age, having to pick our a$$ or face and I really have no idea where that line will be. The last time I was 165 I was 29 years old (50 now). So once I get there, I'm going to have to evaluate how I look and feel.

Now, on the original subject of the boobage, I'm another one whose cup size has barely decreased. I'm currently 34GG (down from 42H). My doctor told me last month I'm not likely to lose them, that my girls are dense "breast tissue", not the lighter fat. So as my rib cage measurement has stablized since February, I decided time to have more than one bra that fits (at $85 each it was killing me to order bras that were only going to fit a few months as I've been losing band size). Which lead to spending $240 on 3 bras this past week, cause this size does not come at discount stores. One was a new Enell so I can start running, and 2 for everyday to go with the one that's been carrying the load (so to speak) on its own for months.

I was really hoping that the weight loss would allow me to buy a cute bra, but <sigh> looks like I'm going to be wearing industrial strength appearing ones regardless of my final weight.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:42 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I'm going to agree that I don't think this is something you can really control. I'm still in the same cup size (DD) but would be happy to end up at a D at some point. Not sure if that will happen, I've been a DD even at my thinnest, so we'll see.

One thing to remember is that cup sizes do go down with band size, so if you go from say a 42DD to a 36DD, those 36DDs are smaller everywhere, not just the band size. So even if you change don't change cup size, you may still be losing some weight in the boobs, just not enough to go down a cup size at the same time you go down a band size.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Well at age 58 that isn't something I am that worried about anymore. But, I can see how it could have been a concern before.

I've thought to myself....ya know you're getting old when you go to touch your toes and your girls hit the floor first.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:06 PM   #10  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

I can't wait until my boobs are gone forever! I was a 36C at 13, and it only got worse. I currently wear a 44E-F and I would love to have a B or less. My mom doesn't understand it at all--just like mandalinn, at her heaviest she did not wear a B. I always wanted little boobs, and I really hope I get them!
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5

i can completely understand... i dont want them hanging anymore either! i'll be happy if i lose weight on them... if i want cleavage what are push ups for
Sameen is offline   Reply With Quote