Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-13-2010, 07:07 PM   #16  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

The scale will move It's a mini-plateau. I had the same thing happen the past 2 weeks where it kept fluctuationg. Finally it's been going downward since Monday and now I have lost 2lbs. I think the body just needs to adjust.

It also helps to do something you don't usually do -eat a few less calories, or a few more. And if you do the gym try a different machine or differen intensity. I did both of those things and I don't know if that is what helped or it just started working on its own.
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:09 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

you know what, when I was just eating healthy food and not worrying about eating less or more, and doing a fast occasionally... i dropped weight so quickly i didn't even know I was dropping as fast as I was.

I think it is best for me to be minimally in control of my weight loss.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:08 AM   #18  
Gonna Do It This Time!

S/C/G: HW259/CW192ish/150

Height: 5'7"

I hear you, big time! I've been stuck at 196-198 for about a month now. The first 20 pounds came off so easily and now...grrr. I've just made up my mind that my body will submit to more weight loss sooner or later and I just need to wait it out and keep doing what I'm doing. Do you hear that, body? I'm in charge!
stillwagontsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:41 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

I have been stuck at 178/179 for well over a month. I am frustrated but I keep telling myself that the number doesn't matter because I feel better and have much more energy. I think I need to tweak my diet a bit and really commit to keeping a food journal. Stay strong and determined, we can do this!
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:07 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 254/185.2/165

Height: 5'10

Unhappy

Ughhhhh, this morning 194.4! So annoying

I do not know what I'm doing wrong. I almost want to fast for a few days just to drop a few pounds already.

::sigh:: sorry everyone, NOT having a good day.

Thanks for the support though, it definitely helps
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #21  
:)

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8-1/2

Sorry to hear that Kali, it will move very soon! Don't let it discourage you!! Although I still haven't bought my measuring tape and keep forgetting to (duh on me) I was still losing in inches per my clothes and by feel.

After a 6 day mini stall with only 1lb lost in between it, I got mine moving again by increasing calories by about 500, drank warmer/hot water w/ lemon juice (instead of the ice cold water I normally do) and did interval training on the elliptical in form that I usually don't do (hard/fast for 15 secs, slow pace 15 secs, repeated for 30 mins til I was dripping wet and exhausted).

I'm going to do all that above again on my next plateau, hoping that my body will just keep responding to that change thrown into the mix. I was scared the increase of calories would hurt me (and I was afraid to at first), but it didn't at all.
MissKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:46 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

Amen ladies, i'm in the boat right now... 207-206 for 2 weeks
I gotta re-evaluate what i'm eating and up my calories, sometimes when i get comfortable i just dont eat as much...

I figured it out... I went over my Fitday.. and turns out i was eating 15-1700 cal's that month, thats when the weight was coming off.. now im lucky if i make it to 1500!!!

Last edited by luciddepths; 05-15-2010 at 02:48 PM.
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciddepths View Post
Amen ladies, i'm in the boat right now... 207-206 for 2 weeks
I gotta re-evaluate what i'm eating and up my calories, sometimes when i get comfortable i just dont eat as much...

I figured it out... I went over my Fitday.. and turns out i was eating 15-1700 cal's that month, thats when the weight was coming off.. now im lucky if i make it to 1500!!!
That's what happens to me, the "comfy" part. You know how it is, you get into an eating routine and I suppose, just take it for granted. Before I came to this site, I hit a plateau in March but just waited it out, not even thinking how to kick it back into gear.

Prior to February when I started this weight loss journey, I tried the eat good one day (like I am now), the next day was a water fast, (repeat). That way failed terribly for me and I ended up on a stall, gave up and gained it back. I am really happy to see that just by playing with extra calories helps out.

I hit 45lbs loss today, but jeez, I am just so ready to say bye to the 260's already! I'm a little impatient about it.

Let us know what you do to kick yourself out of the stall.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:19 PM   #24  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

ugh. 180 was my nightmare weight. i was stuck there for six weeks with minimal fluctuation. id see 179.8 one week, then 180.8 the next week. i knew i was on a good plan so i just kept at it. maybe try calorie cycling like a few girls have suggested. after six weeks of frustration the scale finally moved and didnt stop like that again at any other weight. sometimes our bodies just dont cooperate!!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:53 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

yah i'm still stuck, but im just going to keep doing what i'm doing.. i mean 2 weeks at one weight isnt bad :P
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:09 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

i hear you! i'm stuck at the 189-188 lbs for what feels forever, (it's been maybe a week). but I think what's helped me is to not focus and NOT GIVE UP. failure is not an option this time and i just know that if i keep doing what i'm doing, it will eventually move.
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:16 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/125

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali View Post
I suppose it's possible that I may not be eating enough. I'm not tracking my calories per se, but I definitely have an estimate. Trying to stay under 1500, for sure.

As far as working out, I've been doing the 30 Day Shred. It's pretty intense, right now anyway. I do intend to turn it up a notch after I finish the 30 days (Day 9 today) and do some extra cardio like running.
Well it looks like a lot of people are advocating the "try a few more calories" approach. Hey, I actually think this can be a great idea, truly. When I see someone post that they do an hour of cardio and eat 1200 calories, it would be my first piece of advice. But, the part I bolded above gives me pause.

"Having an estimate" is exactly what prevented me from losing weight for 3 years. Incidentally, I was in the 190's as well. But yeah, I knew a lot about calories, checked a lot of labels, but there was a lot I was guessing at. Portion size, and things I didn't have strict stats for. It is SO EASY to over eat this way, even when sticking with lean meats, low fat dairy and fruits and veggies. Lean meats and dairy, especially, can add up. In fact, it's almost easier to overeat with them, because you think (sub-consciously or otherwise) that they are "guilt-free."

Don't get me wrong, calories are always going to have a degree of estimation to them. But the degree to which you are doing so can greatly alter the actual number.

Whether you are overeating or undereating, I'd take a closer look at the calories. You may be surprised, one way or the other.
Gold32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:59 AM   #28  

Wow - thank you ladies for all the great responses (and wonderful advice!). I am feeling much better. I actually managed to drop a pound (kind of lol).

I am going to try to be better about monitoring my caloric intake. I'm not really snacking or anything but I have noticed my dinners are often heavier than they should be - mostly because I'm just ravenous by the time I work out and settle in for the evening. I'm hoping I can manage to be a little bit more strict about writing down what I'm eating, especially since this weekend is graduation and next week we have the long weekend. June 1st, listen up! It's 189 or else!

How are the rest of you all doing??? Any movement on those darn scales?!
Old 05-18-2010, 04:51 PM   #29  

Great Kali! Yay you! 1 lb lost is better than 1lb increased! I bet if you cut some cals I bet you will make your 189! I'm rooting for you!!My 6 day stall (with one pound lost in between it) ended on May 13. I added calories into my breakfast & lunch and increased my exercise a little bit. Now that the scale is moving again, I have decreased my calories but still exercising the same. No idea what I am doing really (seriously don't, just winging it as I go along learning what my body responds to), but it seems to have worked. I just saw a post here mentioning to increase cals and I was like.....Okie Dokie! LOL

Also, stopped eating past 5:30-6pm. This is new for me in the diet, I used to do that when I was skinny, so I figure I should start re-training my body now. I've had crazy hunger pains the past few nights around 11pm, but I've popped a couple Chitosan and drank a huge glass of water and it went away in a few mins.

And!! I tossed all of my 22's and 24's and all of my 1x and 2x stretch waist band lounge pants and tops into a garbage bag today and drove them to Good Will! They're GONE!!! I fit comfortably now in 20 to where they have a little looseness to them and not tight, whew! I almost tinkled myself when I tried the 20's in my closet on this morning.

Hope talking about my stall ending doesn't jinx me into another one now!
Old 06-01-2010, 01:51 PM   #30  

Just wanted to let you all know I was FINALLY able to get over that 193-194lb hump. Today I weighed in at 188.4, so I'm feeling pretty good. Not too, too far from my goal weight. Thank you LORD!!!!!!!!

How are you all doing???

(btw: thanks a million for all the support - it made a huge difference!)