Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-12-2010, 11:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/220/150

Height: 5'5

Default What do you do when you've been bad?

I didn't eat to good today.

creamed corn with a lot of butter

like 6 chicken strips (covered with oats, not fried)

salsa dip with plain tortillas (about 10 chips)

and the left over pieces of my brothers pizza (probably equaled out once slice if it wasn't all broken up)

... now that I type it all out it doesn't seem like much just for the day... I don't know. My friends say I overreact at times.

But what do you guys do when you've had a "bad day".
MelloFatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:20 AM   #2  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

First off, congratulation on losing 10 pounds! Way to go!
We all have days of not eating well, due to so many reasons. I try very hard to stop one unfortunate choice of snack or meal from turning into more of the same that very day. I am usually able to analyze why I ate the way I did (Did I get too hungry from not planning ahead? Did I not have the right foods in the house? Was I upset over something? etc, etc.)Then I get right back on plan the the next time I eat.

The foods that you ate may not be too many calories for the day, but I would be more concerned about the nutrition that your body is getting if you were to do this often. One isolated day of bad eating is not going to hurt your overall results too much. It's what you do from now on out that counts.
So resume your food plan and good luck!
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

Thats all you've eaten for the entire day?
I'd eat the rest of the house!

That being said, I just drink extra water (since I normally have to compete with extra sodium) and have a healthy meal for the next time I need to eat. With that day, I'd most likely have a big salad with lots of fresh veggies, very little dressing and some cut-up chicken if I had it.

I think its most important to just not excuse it as a "bad day". Make the next choice solid and move on.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

i exercise! i ate a jumbo jack today (with cheese!) but only ate half. It came out to about 300 unnecessary calories, so it wasn't too hard to work them off. I don't feel as guilty as i normally would, so I think it works for me. I see everything i put into my mouth as how much time i will have to invest in the gym to exercise off, so it helps me not eat crap.
therex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:16 AM   #5  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Good for you for wanting to get back on track.

I try to get right back on track. I try to realize I may have had a bad or off day but not blow the rest of the day and not use that as an excuse to blow even more time. I think it's important to get right back on my diet/meal plan and try not to let this change throw you off too much.

You can do it!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:25 AM   #6  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Oh, I was afraid you were going to do that after your rant thread about you Mom yesterday. Maybe you were looking for an excuse to binge yesterday?

There really is nothing you can do about the junk food now, but maybe you should work out ways to avoid it before it happens in the future. Food is more powerful than many of us give it credit for...

Last edited by Lori Bell; 05-13-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:48 AM   #7  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I preplan my meals so I make sure I'm getting the proper nutrition and amount of calories, but dinner is always bad for me because I'm home and there's so much food in the house!

Just work out today and it will be fine I agree that you may want to watch the nutritional content of what your eating, it seems like you ate so little but it wasn't that healthy. Try having a big yummy salad instead of having smaller portions of unhealthy food, I love salads
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 248/220/150

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the advice guys, I worked out but tried not to push myself too hard.

Lol, Lori. She actually ended up buying the food but "forgot" certain items even though she had a list. Lol.
MelloFatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:17 AM   #9  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Start measuring more accurately?

I don't think that list sounds too terrible, esp if you were down emotionally.

I don't think it is a bad thing when Life is tough to switch to maintaining mode rather than losing mode.

But at the same time, without accurately measuring it is too easy to fool yourself into thinking "Ok, I'm maintaining" and slip into emotional eating.

Think it over, but don't dwell on this, today is a new day.

Hope things look up for you!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 05-13-2010 at 09:17 AM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:21 AM   #10  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

When I've been "bad" with my eating, I usually just say "Well, I sure at the **** outta that!" and then go right back to being good.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:05 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/237/170

Height: 5'8"

UGH.....I feel the same way....I did good all day until last night. The list of the food you ate- isn't it amazing that with healthier choices we can eat so much more than when we make the unhealthy choices! TOM is currently invading my space this week and I have horrible chocolate cravings around this time......so I proceeded to eat 6 double chunk chocolate chip cookies last night....I had only given myself room for 2 (I should've know better than to make cookies!!) I think what I am trying to do is... 1)get better things in the house to curb the cravings, and 2)like others are saying, just move on today as usual with the good choices and I am going to add an extra 30 minute workout today as well! Thanks for posting this, I really needed it!! lol

Last edited by abreezies; 05-13-2010 at 11:06 AM.
abreezies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:53 PM   #12  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

If you have a bad day, see it for what it was, acknowledge it's existence, and move on!

Life happens. Temptations come up, and not everyone is going to be able to resist everything all the time. Sometimes, you just have to accept the fact that things like this are going to happen, and the best thing you can do is fall right back into your more healthy habits when it's over. One day, one meal here or there isn't going to be the end of the world, as long as you don't let it be. I'm glad you exercised!

I'm also happy to hear your mom at least got *some* of the items you asked for. Hooray for that!
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 153/133/132

Height: 5.5

If I have a bad day, I always follow with an under calorie day. I also drink hot lemon water first thing the next morning to help cleanse my liver and flush out the water retention.

But to me, it doesn't look like you had that bad of a day. I am sure you were still way within maintenance calories. My bad days are HUGE calorie days (like 3000 or so) so I always follow with a 900 day and then a 1200 day then back to my 12-1500 routine.
greenfishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:17 PM   #14  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Like others have said -- you probably are still OK on the calorie front; it just wasn't full of the healthiest choices. What I do is look at what I had and see if I can do damage control that day, as in the very next snack and/or meal; and/or the next day for sure.

If I used up all my grain carb servings, I will have a veggie/protein snack and a cuppa tea in the evening if I am hungry or just have tea. The next day, I get right back on track and will maybe cut a serving of something here or there to even out the week -- like cut out one grain carb or something like that ... or have Homemade Veggie Soup for lunch or a big salad with tuna, and so forth ... then move on and enjoy the rest of the day ...

PS ~ I thought there were a lot of comfort foods there (cream corn & butter; tortilla chips; pizza, etc); so wasn't surprised when I later read Lori's post that there was probably some emotional eating going on there. I do the same thing myself, but now I keep some non-salted nuts on hand and also baby carrots in the fridge too (so handy) ... it does take time and practice, but it will get better.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-13-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #15  
omalichand

S/C/G: 240/213/160

Height: 5'11

Default get back on track

When I snack a lot or mindlessly which I do often, I always tell myself tomorrow is another day and try to get back on track and eat healthy or I just exercise harder.
omalichand is offline   Reply With Quote