Eat This, Not That!

• Anybody read these books? I have found them to be positively enlightening! I'm very surprised at some of the "this" not "that" in the Supermarket version of the book. Some things that I considered "healthy" for me ... eh, not so much!

Anyone else here reading them? Are they helping you?
  • I almost bought one of these the other day but there are so many books I want and only so much money and space! I'm really interested in hearing what others have to say about these books as well.
  • I took a peek at one in Borders and I found it quite interesting! I may go back and get it sometime here because I even saw a little blurb about it in some magazine and it looked even more interesting to me.
  • I am not reading the book but I am subscribing to the Men's Health electronic newsletter and I am getting these Eat This, Not That! emails over other day or so. Very educational and it is horrifying to see how much salt (for example - that was today's topic) is in certain restaurant meals.
  • I have the original and found it really interesting. I wouldn't mind picking up one of the different ones.
  • I haven't checked any food books out yet but I'm hoping to really soon.
    I'd like to start cooking food more regularly (wasn't really interested in it that much).
  • I have them all and LOVE them! i couldn't pick a favorite... the cook this, not that is really great though
  • I don't have the physical book, but I read the articles linked to yahoo all the time.
    I'm more in it for the "not that" part, though I typically hate their "this" ideas.
  • I have the Supermarket version, the Restaurant Guide version and the regular one. I bought them on Amazon so I got special price for buying all three.

One of the things it says about breakfast cereal... Kellogg's Smart Start is a "not that!" - which really surprised me. Smart Start is supposedly a "heart healthy" cereal... the ETNT books shows that even FRUIT LOOPS has less sugar and calories! - WOW! - little things like that which surprise me.

Smart Start
    Cal: 190
    Sugars 14g
    Carbs 43g

Fruit Loops
    Cal: 110
    Sugars 12g
    Carbs 25g

They're very interesting books - I do recommend them to anyone who is interested but for whatever reason hasn't gotten them yet.
  • I have one. the only thing is, I think they were made for Americans? I'm in Canada and i struggle to find alot of the same food brands but its an amazing book!! just what it shows you specially for DRINKS that blew me away or Chicken Pot Pie