Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-08-2010, 11:07 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default Need support....bad two weeks!!!

The past two weeks have been EXTREMELY stressful. My husbands company just found out they are being bought by another company and many layoffs are coming. Add to that my job has also been up in the air! Add these two factors into daily life with two teenagers and perimenopause and I had a HORRIBLE two weeks.

Went to my WW meeting this morning to find that I had gained 3 pounds!!! I am just so darned upset.

My leader suggested A) trying to de-stress whenever I could and B) not letting this discourage me. She also suggested that I use the Simply Filling plan for the next two weeks to see if that helped with my stress level (less points to have to count and track).

AHHHHHHHH!!!!

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:53 AM   #2  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

I am so sorry to hear about this added stress to you and your family's life.
Hold fast. Things often seem to be worse than they end up being. Don't let it permanently derail your weight loss efforts. Remember how much your goals mean to you.
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:07 AM   #3  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Keep your head up!

I know that I'm going to have a gain at this weeks meeting but I also know that I'm not going to let it derail me.
If you stress about the gain, then you're stressed, and you don't lose weight when you're stressed. Its a vicious cycle!

So sorry to hear about your stresses. Hope things get better soon x
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/255/Healthy, Happy, Strong

Height: 5'7"

I know that this is soooo hard. But try not to worry! It feels like we are doing productive but it is a very destructive behavior. I used to be a horrible worrier. For my own good I forced myself to stop. If I caught myself worrying I either made myself let it go or DID something productive. You don't know what is going to happen and it doesn't sound like you can do a lot about either job situation. When you can't get it off your mind I was suggest trying to do something empowering like updating your resume, reading tips on how to write a good resume, getting a feel for the job market by going to job wanted sites and ads, consider career change options if your field looks bleak, etc. Hopefully this will empower you and make you feel more prepared to face a job challenge IF it happens. Either it is going to happen or it won't you can't change that, but you CAN change how much you let it affect you now.

I really hope and pray things work out well! Hang in there!
Renwomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #5  
300+ Chick

Hang in there,Hoping things will get better for you.
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:07 AM   #6  

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Everyone for your kind and supportive words! My husband and boys saw how down I was today and when I explained about the weight gain and how stressed I was about it all three were kind enough to remind me over and over how much I have lost and how great I look and feel. They also made me realize that your weight will always go up/down no matter how well you eat/exercise.

Between my loving family and my supportive friends here, I won't let this get me down and will press on!

Marie

Last edited by tiniree; 05-10-2010 at 10:07 AM.
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote