Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Is 3FC therapy for anyone else?

So I should so be studying for my architect's licensing exam right now (my exam is a week from Monday!), but no I'm here giving my unsolicited advice because it really is like therapy for me and many times keeps me from eating when I'm bored (like during my son's naptime, I should also be cleaning the house, but that's no fun). I just get a lot out of being able to share my experiences with everyone and I feel like this is better than going to a therapist...I also feel like this has been a self consuming journey and if I talked about it as much with my DH or friends they's probably think I had OCD (for the record I think I do).
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #2  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

Oh absolutely. I almost always have 3FC open in a tab while I'm browsing around doing other things. I like checking in over here periodically throughout the day.

Right now, I should be going out to throw together something for my mom for mother's day. Yeah, I'm the last minute kid this year. Dang, I suck. But here I am...
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I have 12 assignments due in 20 days for school. But i'm here on 3FCs because I like hearing what other people do with their days!
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

Reasons why I think 3FC is like therapy

-can relate to people with similar experiences/weight issues (duh)
-great support system when you may not have one at home ( none of my close friends and bf really understood what I was going through and I didn't feel like I could talk to them about it)
-can basically start a forum about anything you need help with..whether it be dieting or something off topic like relationship/family issues.
-keeps us on track and gently reminds us to continue our journey and not give up hope
-extremely inspiring (other 3FCers who've had great success)

Anyways those are some reasons why I like 3FC...and its like therapy to me. I have it open automatically as one of my tabs in IE...lol. If it wasn't for 3FC I am not sure I would have succeeded as well as I have....so thanks 3FC!

Last edited by angelanicole23; 05-08-2010 at 08:29 PM.
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:10 AM   #5  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

Absolutely...sometimes I need to vent in a place where there are others who understand what I'm going through. I've been away from this place for awhile, had to sort a few things out, but now that I'm focusing on my weight again, I like coming here for tips, and the knowledge that others are going through the same things I am.
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Do you remember when you took drivers' ed? I was taught to make sure I kept my eyes shifting around looking in many directions to avoid staring into the road ahead and becoming sort of hypotized.
I took a course last year wrt burn out in the health care field. One of the most important lessons I learned was about the importance of having a "restorative pursuit".
It's very important to send your mind somewhere else once in a while! A novel, a date with friends, a page of jokes, a craft class, your garden, 3 Fat Chicks ...
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:48 AM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

3FC is a lifetime friend of mine. I joined many years ago and lost weight. After I lost weight, I drifted away from here and regained all the weight. Thank goodness I came back and got my life in order again! I need 3FC to keep me motivated and honest
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #8  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

Definitely! I come here every day to remind myself why I am doing this, and that it is achievable even with obstacles. I feel like I need to surround myself with weight loss topics daily to help keep my focus. This the the longest I have EVER stuck with anything difficult and I feel like online support is the key to my success
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/131.6/108

Height: 5'

Coming here everyday. ( o ever few hours on my day off lol) helps keep me motivated. I learn new things everyday. I get to see people who have been where i am and have met their goal, I get to talk with people who are as motivated as me, about the same thing. And i don't look like a one minded freak here because everyone is trying to acheive the same thing. A healthier body.
aware210 is offline   Reply With Quote