Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

Default Do your significant others know about your 3fc addiction lol?

Haha ok, maybe not addiction, but reliance?

Today I'm just so giddy because I've reached the 100 pounds lost mark, and I can't help but think about how much 3fc has helped me. There is just so much information and support here! So I started thinking about 3fc and how many times a day I check it, almost as much as my email, which I really am addicted to (well I kinda have to be for work/school/my internships/research etc).

Before coming here, I had never been part of any sort of online forum, and honestly never thought I'd be "the type" whatever that means. But now I'm hooked. It's funny because sometimes my hubby will randomly ask me how "my chicks" are doing lol! When I got on the scale this morning, he had already left for work, so I called to tell him, and he jokingly asked whom I had informed of my 100 pounds lost first: him or "my chicks" lol!

So, does your significant other know about/ understand the extent of your 3fc addiction?
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

I think this is a great conversation! Ha ha I think it is an addiction! I am pretty new to the whole thing, but I find it incredibly motivational, and ...yes addictive! I told my husband that I had found this weight loss forum that I like, but I dont think he has any idea how much time I have been spending on here! lol. I have been trying to convince myself that my time on here needs to be a little more limited, but with the great advice, and how it helps me stay on track, I keep wanting to hit that "new post" button again and again.....
ma26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/225/170

Height: 5' 7"

@jkinboston89 Your husband is funny!

I think my husband knows about 3fc but I don't think he understands what it is and what I spend so much time doing here. I only joined last month and as soon as I wake up and the last thing I do for the day is check the threads. lol
Full on addiction.
xocessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Oh yes, he knows.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #5  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

My SO knows...I periodically share tidbits from 3FC, or funny posts, or great pics, or a news item. I think he likes it, in a mild kind of way.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

The boyfriend knows for sure... I'm always telling him about stories and tips and such that I find on here... he says he thinks it's cute ! ha ha
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:31 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Yes, he even met one other 3FC chickie while we were driving through on a camping trip. We stopped and had lunch with Jennifer3FC I've also met quite a few of the mods and just a couple weeks ago, I stopped and had dinner with cottagebythesea while I was in the area.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

Haha yeah I think mine thinks it's cute, too! He has a little obsession with some car forum (he's obsessed with cars), so sometimes we'll both be on our forums lol! We're such dorks sometimes!
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:35 PM   #9  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

Oh my husband is full on aware of my healthy addiction to 3FC. I check this messageboard multiple times throughout my day. Sometimes he'll stand over my shoulder and we'll read through people's posts together. I wouldn't be surprised if he's joins this board sooner or later.
Hopeful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:09 PM   #10  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

He knows, but I don't know if he really knows what it means to me. I'm also not sure if he understands that it's good for him, because if it weren't for 3FC I'd be yacking his ear off more than I do now about weight loss! It also means a lot to me to have people around who understand what I'm going through and a place to share, get and give inspiration. Congrats BTW on your loss, truely inspiring!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #11  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkinboston89 View Post
Haha yeah I think mine thinks it's cute, too! He has a little obsession with some car forum (he's obsessed with cars), so sometimes we'll both be on our forums lol! We're such dorks sometimes!
EXACT same situation here. We will both be sitting on the couch with our laptops. He is on a car forum and also one for DJs. We are both members of a forum for boxer dogs (we have 3) AND I am on this one!

I do talk about it a LOT and I think it starts to irritate him.. I tell him to get over it!
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 160/ticker/133

Height: 5'5"

Nope! lol, havn't been on long but I havn't mentioned it! He would probably call me a geek, but then again he likes trains and goes on a forum for that, I bully him all the time so I have it coming :P

I too, am soooo addicted to 3FC, I'm terrible because I have alerts of new posts coming straight to my phone so when it buzzes I just have to check! xx

Last edited by jynx; 05-07-2010 at 03:35 PM.
jynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #13  

Height: 5'11

First off Grats on that 100lbs lady!!!!!! I cant wait to get there myself. I know you must feel amazing.

And yes my bf knows allllllllll about my addiction to 3fc. I always quote something or say something and Ill tell him oh I heard it from one of the fat chicks. I will say something about the food im eating or about a new workout dvd and he will immediately ask me "Did you learn that from the fat chicks?" lol My whole family knows about my obsession as well. I love this place, and I tell everyone about it. I love sharing bits of info that I learn for everyone here.
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:39 PM   #14  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Oh yes, my husband knows! I often mention posts or people from here, especially with some of the amazing transformations in the goal and mini goal photo albums

I can't wait to make my own!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:44 PM   #15  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

jkinboston: you must be over the moon with your 100 lb. accomplishment, congratulations!

My DH knows about it, I tell him about things sometimes, but I don't show it to him, read from it, or tell him how many times a day I check it. Sometimes I even feel like I'm sneaking it because I'll close out of it if he comes looking over my shoulder. Oh my god, that totally sounds like an addict!

Honestly, this place (and these chicks) are fully responsible for my being able to stick to this. I need the accountability, the motivation and the inspiration, and he couldn't do it for me, but you all sure do! I bore the bejeesus out of him as it is--if he had to hear about every tenth of a pound lost like everyone here does, he'd probably be in the loony bin by now.
LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote