Changed my goal...

• So I've been thinking about this a lot and I want to change my goal...or I should say I have changed my goal...My original goal was always something in the 140's, but then my head got obsessed with something in the 130's even though I've never weighed anything in the 130's. I believe my lowest weight was 140 lbs and that was when I was 18 yrs old. So I bumped it back up to 148 (exactly 120lbs lost and the high end of a normal BMI). But my plan is at 148lbs to start practicing maintenance as if I weight in the 130's and to give myself a maintenance window of 138-148lbs. If I need to reevaluate and go lower later, obviously I can, but I don't want to risk that mental let down of not reaching my "goal". I just don't want to be unrealistic...I don't know what to expect of a 30 yr old body, obviously I'm not 18 anymore so whether or not anything in the 130's is in the cards for is hard to say. At this point I'd also like to start focusing on how I feel and my fitness goals. I'd like to start running 5 and 10ks and I've just started weight training again so I'd like to see how my body reacts to that. So I just needed to make it official...my new goal is 148...ugh that's going to take some getting used to...it looks so high Oh why can't I just be happy with what I've acomplished...
  • Well first off, let me say congrats on your weight loss so far! Truly amazing!

Do what makes you happy.

If that means going down to the 130s just to see what you'll look/feel
    like, then do it.
  • Thanks! We'll see how it goes. Right now I just need to feel like I've hit my "goal" and that really has always been a size 10 and under 150, which I think the size 10 is actually here, I just have no $ to buy new pants so belts and dresses it is. I also figure if I'm about a 10 now, I really don't want to buy any clothes because it is very likely that in another 11lbs I'll be an 8 or close to it. That alone will probably drive me to drop my final goal a little because I think in another 11lbs I'll probably be in between sizes like I am now and I don't like how clothes fit me when I'm in between.