Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-07-2010, 12:43 PM   #1  
chick on a mission.

S/C/G: 163/159/140

Height: 5' 8"

Unhappy Weight Gain Anxiety

Hello ladies (and any gents out there!),

I知 posting because I just need some wise words, or something. I知 at a bit of a loss lately. I started my weight loss journey back in January, and had been doing so well (10lbs gone!) then while out walking, I sustained a knee injury a few weeks ago. I致e been laid up for at least three weeks just resting my knee, and on a visit to my physio today, I致e apparently done a lot of damage and am likely to be out of action for another three weeks at least.

In the meantime, at my last weigh in, I gained a pound and a half. Which depressed me. And I know this is silly, but I have completely gone off track. I知 one of those people that NEED to exercise in order to lose weight. Even if I just watch what I eat, the weight doesn稚 come off unless I知 doing physical activity. I have been on a binge for the past two weeks now almost. I feel a bit low because of the knee, I知 in pain and comfort eating, and on top of all that I知 just so frustrated with myself. I want to get this weight off. I want to not give in and put it all back on again. I am so scared/worried of putting it all back on again

I skipped my weigh in this morning as I know I値l have been up weight again due to comfort eating and a lack of exercise, so I知 not exactly sure how much damage I did this week.

I guess I just want someone to tell me that this is okay. That I can get through this and get back on track. (or failing that someone to come over here and wire my jaw shut until I知 up and back in action exercise-wise).

Moans and frustration,
Charmie.
Charmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #2  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I think every exerciser should have a "seated exercise" video in his/her collection, for those times when they're laid up with foot/leg problems. THere are a lot of them out there. Here are some from Collage Video (a really great site, with good reviews), and YouTube has some shorter videos, so you can see the sort of things involved.

As someone who suffers from tendonitis, and often cannot walk more than a few blocks without a lot of pain (and sometimes less than that!), I fully sympathize.

That being said, you can certainly get through this! Even if you focus on not-gaining during this time, rather than losing, it will be better than gaining. Think of it as a "practice maintenance"; and know that the choices you make on your food will be just as important, if not more so, than they will be when you can exercise regularly again!

Heal quickly and completely, and let us know how it goes!
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

I can totally empathize, my weight loss is also very dependent on exercise, both in losing the weight and in staying on track.

That said, since you can't exercise you really are just going to have to try and eat sensibly. Don't worry so much about the numbers on the scale. Focus on the lifestyle changes you're making to eating healthier foods, and once your able to exercise again you won't be back at square one

I'm not sure if swimming is an option for you? It's low impact but it really depends what kind of injury you have

Good luck!
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote