Doctor's Office NSV! (And sort of SV)

• I was diagnosed with PCOS in January, which I've said about a million times on these boards, but I always feel like I have to prefact my posts since it was really what kickstarted my weight loss.

Today was my first time going back to the gyno since then, down 30 pounds (31 when I stepped on the scale in her office!) and exercising regularly.

She was so, so excited, I thought she was going to hug me. She said that she wished I could get on the phone with her other patients who have just started this journey and talk to them about it. I was so excited that she was proud of me, and it just made me want to continue on and lose the next 30 pounds, then the next, and then the last 10 or so. I feel better, I look better, and I finally had a doctor happy with me instead of nagging me about my weight!

She also wrote me a prescription for naproxyn for when I get my period, which is like a miracle, since my cramps are so bad that I have to leave work when I get them. I love my doc!
  • That's wonderful! Good for you!

It just goes to show- pcos doesn't mean you are going to be fat forever. I've seen so many women on other sites not realize how hard we have to work to lose weight and stay fit (I have pcos too).
  • Excellent! What you've accomplished is inspiration for anyone who read this. Great work!