Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-03-2010, 08:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/179/145 Previous 198/130

Height: 5'8"

Default Good Mini Goals & Bicycle Car Racks

I'm not sure what my mini goal should be! I have been on this dieting thing before, so I am trying to eat as I know I should each day. The weight goal thing does not seem inspiring. I suppose lack of exercise has been my main issue. I am really not into this yet. I am thinking if I start with the mini goal of getting a bike rack on the back of my car, that would be a very mini-goal.

What are some good mini goals besides obvious weight loss?
Does anyone know about bike racks for cars? I'm interested in a bumper rack. Is install difficult? Are they sold anywhere like Wal-Mart, or must I go to a bicycle shop?
TracyWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225 / 177.2 / 140

Height: 5'4"

If lack of exercise is an issue, why not make exercise goals? One of mine last year was to make the 4 mile ride to work by bike. It seemed huge then, but now it's easy!

As for the bike rack, I definitely recommend the bicycle shop. They'll be able to tell you what fits on your car. I couldn't use the trunk or bumper rack, so I have a roof rack. Plus, the bike shop employees may help you install it too!
gretel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:17 PM   #3  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

For me, behavior goals are the way to go. I can't control my weight directly, but I can absolutely control my behaviors. Currently, each month I am making a new behavior goal.

In March I made it my goal to start bike commuting to work. Done, and still doing.

In April I made it my goal to get up at 6 am every day (including weekends) to exercise. Done, and still doing.

In May I've made it my goal to read (a book, not the internets ) for 30 minutes every day at lunch. Working on it, doing well.

I also have an ongoing daily calorie deficit goal and some other stuff I do--like not eating sugar, which was my goal 2 years ago and I'm still going on.

Behavior goals will get you where you want to go.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote