3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   10 pounds in one day?? Really?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/200808-10-pounds-one-day-really.html)

Jacque 05-01-2010 07:14 PM

10 pounds in one day?? Really??

Ok, I know it's all water weight. Well, most of it. Because I did NOT have 35,000 calories yesterday... but I gained 10 lbs overnight. 10 flipping pounds :(

Last night I did have a bit of a binge. Mexican food for dinner, and 4 glasses of wine. I didn't even THINK about calories.

But it's so discouraging to see that HUGE number on the scale today.

(Ok, rant over. Thanks for listening.)

randomcards 05-01-2010 09:16 PM

I have gone up/down 10 lbs in 24 hours. Your low number was probably a bit artifically low and the high number is artifically high (water/waste/food, etc.)

Renwomin 05-01-2010 09:19 PM

Wow. I've gained a couple of pounds in a day but never 10! I think all the bad scale mojo that exists had a party in your body this morning. Water retention, waste products, undigested food, invisible gremlins hopping on your back while you were on the scale..

That number is insane. Don't believe it. Take care of your body this next week with good food and exercise and don't let it discourage you one bit. Just think of how great it will feel to see that phantom 10 pounds just melts away!

kaplods 05-01-2010 09:40 PM

I gain 8 to 10 lbs every month with TOM. Sucks, but at least I know it's coming. I used to get so depressed (and the hormones drive my hunger up anyway) that I'd binge until I ended up with at least a couple of those pounds to keep.

Now that I stay rational (for the most part), I have a lot more success, though I wish I could get back on the BC that I found most helpful with TOM hunger, but my medical coverage won't cover the pill that works best anymore. At least the substitute is better than when I'm off bc. Then my hormones make me crazy (and not in the good kind of crazy that I usually am, otherwise).

ParadiseFalls 05-02-2010 03:45 AM

Holy moly!!! I think it's safe to say that is NOT real weight ;)

When you think about it, if you haven't been...er, eliminating...much, that's like 10 medium-sized measuring cups worth of food and liquid that doesn't "belong" in your body. That's not really inconceivable to me. Sometimes I drink 48 ounces of diet coke in one sitting...that would make me gain 3 pounds right there.

jynx 05-02-2010 08:47 AM

I've often been told that if you have loads of food high in salt that it can turn your body into a "giant sponge" where you retain loads of water weight. Drink loads of water and hang in there, it will come off :) the damage wont be as dramatic as you think :)

paris81 05-02-2010 10:04 AM

Keep in mind that mexican food has CRAZY amounts of salt in it...so I'm sure it will go down. But of all the foods, I would bet it's pretty high on the saltiness list, especially if you ate it out at a restaurant.

luciddepths 05-02-2010 10:08 AM

i find if i drink alcohol i can gain weight like that :( If i eat chicken wings.. so now i just avoid them! I notice the foods that really make it spike.my weight doesnt fluxuate half as much as it used to now that i've cut those things out.

Jacque 05-02-2010 04:15 PM

After drinking a ton of water yesterday, all but 2 pounds of it came off! I knew it was water, but it just teaches me how important it is to put good things in our body.