Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-01-2010, 06:57 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default I just cleaned out my closet - NSV

So in an attempt to motivate myself I just cleaned out my closet. ALL my XLs were HUGE, I looked like I was wearing sacks! I'm not even sure what they were doing in my closet anyway as last week I had to by mediums in a couple items. I found my very last Lane Bryant item, it was a dress size 14/16. It was one of those dresses that just seem to fit forever no matter what size you are and it looked ridiculous on me. Into the garage they go...I haven't donated any of it...I'm so used to keeping clothes think I'll fit in them again, but that was when I was going the other way. Now everything in my garage is too big instead of too small. I keep thinking that maybe if I have another baby I could use it as maternity clothes, but really I just need to get rid of all of it. I feel cleansed and rejuvinated...and now I need to go shopping...
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 07:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

The Canadian Diabetes Society has a program called Clothesline. Trucks go out and pick up labelled bags of used clothing. I think they call me every other month (a couple of days in advance) and I leave my package on the front porch.

I used to say "No, I don't have anything." But lately ... heck yes, come and get this too big stuff!

It feels great!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I think my favorite part of your post is that you tossed your "last Lane Bryant item"--that's AWESOME!

Congrats on the cleansing. Not only are you thinner, but you have more storage space!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:15 AM   #4  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

That's fantastic Did you keep anything from your highest weight to put on when you get to goal? I have kept a pair of jeans (size 13) that I bought right before losing weight. They were TIGHT when I bought them, but I could not bring myself to buy a bigger size. They're clown pants on me now, lol.

I have gone through the same "closet cleansing" process, but it was actually fairly bittersweet. I was literally left with 10% of my total wardrobe that kind of fit me. It's been a frustrating thing as a poor college student...it's great that I'm smaller now, but not so great that I have no clothes, lol.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote