Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Help... How do I get my weight moving again?

I have lost 35 lbs so far and for the last 2 weeks my weight will not budge. It came to a skreeching halt even though I have continued to eat sensibly and increased my exercise. How do I get it to start moving again. I feel frustrated
Sidekick01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Maybe you should try upping your calories for a week or so, that might help. Depending on how many calories you're eating now, your body could be used to one particular level and be just poking along. I went up from 1,200 to 1,400 last week and lost 3.6 pounds. Even though it was kind of scary to eat more than I'm used to, with my amount of exercise I needed more fuel.

If you don't want to change how much you're eating, look at what you're eating. How many meals, are they three big ones or five spread out throughout the day? Are you foods whole or processed? Are you getting all of your nutrients (enough carbs, fat, and protein too)?

And if even that doesn't appeal try switching up your workouts. If you walk now, try a new video, use a different machine or take a class you've been meaning to take. To get your body out of a rut you need change things up.
effie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:28 PM   #3  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Keep at it and wait longer. Two weeks isn't enough time to see whether change is happening.

Think about it: most people lose at most a pound or two a week - often less than that. But fluid swings due to salt, hydration, exercise, hormones, etc etc, can be as much as 4 pounds. So two weeks' or more worth of real loss could be masked by one untimely fluid swing.

If you've lost weight doing what you're doing, don't change anything. Wait at least 2 more weeks - preferably 4 - before you start mucking with a plan that's working for you. I know it's frustrating, but two weeks without change is just not enough to know that you've really stalled. You have to think longer-term than that.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #4  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by effie12 View Post
Maybe you should try upping your calories for a week or so, that might help. Depending on how many calories you're eating now, your body could be used to one particular level and be just poking along....

Or on the other hand, maybe it's time to lower them. What is your food plan sidekick? Are you counting calories or something similar? How many calories are you eating a day?

Oh and out of curiosity, are you the sidekick on WS? (Searching for Anna?) Just wondering....
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:57 PM   #5  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

I wouldn't panic at 2 weeks. When I seem to stall (read: no loss on the scale after 1 or 2 weeks...not something I would call a plateau), I have a maintenance calorie day (which for me is 2200-3100 depending on whether it is a work day or not). That seems to help the scale start to move back in the right direction a few days later. I do know your frustration. I am someone who likes to see the numbers keep going down down down, especially if I have been good. I think a maintenance day (not a cheat day) once every coupe of weeks, helps. I look at it as an excuse to have a couple of glasses of wine or dinner out!
ars is offline   Reply With Quote