3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   How nice of her... :shrug: (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/200358-how-nice-her-shrug.html)

SCraver 04-26-2010 12:09 PM

How nice of her... :shrug:

~sigh~ My supervisor, who knows how hard I have been working at the gym... Who knows how hard I ahve been working at losing weight... Who I am friends with and talk to outside of work... Just bought me a HUGE chocolate chip cookie. :cookie: I measured it... it is OVER 7 inches in diameter. w.t.f.

I am thinking about taking it home, freezing it, and bringing it to my parents house when I visit them next week. I can't think of anyone else I could possibly pass it onto. Everyone I know is trying to eat better/lose weight/etc.

What does everyone else do when they get a "considerate" gift?

Violin Jenn 04-26-2010 12:11 PM

I smile :) and say thank you, I'll take it home and have it after dinner. When I get home, I promptly toss it in the trash.

seagirl 04-26-2010 12:16 PM

Yes, throw it in the trash on your way home from work.

Petite Powerhouse 04-26-2010 12:17 PM

I wait until my coworker or supervisor leaves my office and I promptly throw the cookie away. I do this a lot. I don't like wasting food, but I don't want to eat it and I am not in favor of passing on junk food to others. I won't even give it to my 6', 135 lb. boyfriend whose metabolism seems set on high for life. It goes against my personal stance on health. So in the garbage the cookie goes.

WarMaiden 04-26-2010 12:30 PM

Trash it. Or, if it looks like it's actually tasty (most purchased baked goods really are not at all tasty), then I may save some portion to give to my kids/husband as their nightly treat.

But in general I find that those gimongous chocolate chip cookies are really tasteless and bland, so I'd toss it. I can make yummier and healthier for myself and my family.

SCraver 04-26-2010 12:47 PM

I ate frosted brownies and oatmeal cookies and cheeseburgers this weekend. I was bad this weekend... but it was because I CHOSE to be bad. I ate things because I REALLY WANTED to eat them... not because someone handed it to me and said "here ya go"! This cookie is not something I have chosen. I do not need to eat it. It would probably just give me heartburn.

AND... when I told her I was going to run a 5k last week, she didn't come over and bash my shins in with a baseball bat... and really where is the difference?

I AM SO ANGRY!

Lol!

motivated chickie 04-26-2010 01:03 PM

I agree with the others. Trash it as soon as you leave work and before you get home. And feel good doing it.

yoyoma 04-26-2010 01:07 PM

Sounds like it would work as a frisbee if you can find some place to toss it that the birds would enjoy!

beerab 04-26-2010 01:10 PM

Seriously how rude! Specially when she knows you are working hard...

I hate wasting food- I'd probably find a skinny guy coworker and ask him if he wants it lol.

sotypical 04-26-2010 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCraver (Post 3264509)
AND... when I told her I was going to run a 5k last week, she didn't come over and bash my shins in with a baseball bat... and really where is the difference?

I AM SO ANGRY!

She gave you a cookie, she was trying to be nice. Don't eat it. But don't be angry with her either - you can choose not to eat it but you can not control other people actions. Through it away and forget about it. :)

Vixsin 04-26-2010 01:15 PM

I agree with the others in that I would save it and throw it away as soon as I left the office. I don't like to waste food either, but you have to do what you have to do! Don't hate her for her momentary lapse in good judgement. Some people think it's ok and she may have thought it was an "occassional" treat for you to enjoy. I'm sure she meant well. However blunderous her well meaning was. LOL

Best of luck. :)

Shytowngal 04-26-2010 01:27 PM

How about being honest with her? Take the cookie back to her and say, thank you for the cookie but it has been tempting me all morning, and I don't want to eat off plan today. I'll be happy to accept any fresh fruit from you in the future though!

If you just trash it, she may continue to bring you things.

canadianwoman 04-26-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerab (Post 3264544)

I hate wasting food

It is not food. It is a cookie. Not one bit of nutrition in it. I would toss it on my way home from work.

squishysquirrel 04-26-2010 01:59 PM

Throw it away. Don't let it sit at your house and tempt you.

beerab 04-26-2010 02:00 PM

Still- someone out there is hungry and could use that cookie- to them it's food... Specially when there are many people out there starving. Maybe it's my strict religious upbringing but throwing away food makes me feel terrible. I rarely have had issues giving away food to someone who wants it.

It's obviously the OP's choice- I don't know how large her work is- but for me- working in a building with 100 people it never takes more than 5 minutes to get rid of something :)