3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Anyone else "not believe" when they lose weight? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/199879-anyone-else-not-believe-when-they-lose-weight.html)

Gold32 04-20-2010 05:06 PM

Anyone else "not believe" when they lose weight?

So first I was like, :eek:
Then I was like, :D
But then I went back to, :eek:
And I want to be more like, :carrot:
But I'm not. :(

Ok, I had entirely way to much fun playing with smileys. Sorry about that. Ok, not really. :D

Seriously though, after a week or two of my weight stalling, I got on the scale this morning and it was 2 pounds lower. Making it the first official 10 pounds lost. But for some reason, my brain was just didn't believe it. Like, how can that be? Is that possible?

Maybe I just don't want to believe it, because the second I do, I'll get lazy again. I've done it so many times. Like somehow, because I lost weight, it's permission to eat more. It doesn't make any sense.

But yeah, even with that, I just don't believe that ME, I, MYSELF could ACTUALLY be LOSING weight.

I'm probably weird, I'm sure everyone else was or will be like, :carrot: when they hit the big markers. Did the, "not believing it" happen to anyone else?

Arctic Mama 04-20-2010 05:33 PM

It took me awhile to believe I was actually 'doing it', since I had hver really set out to lose weight before. But trust me, be consistent and your own progress will make it real to you :)

pihlaja 04-20-2010 05:49 PM

I empathise so much with you, Gold32! My S.O. is constantly tell me I look like I'm losing weight, and occassionally the measurements I take reflect this, but the scale is not really budging that much. And I know (on a logical level) that just because the scale doesn't move doesn't mean I'm NOT losing weight, and the measuring reflects this, but I still don't believe it. I don't feel like I've lost anything at all (except when I wiggle into my Spanx, but that's another story entirely :rolleyes: ).

Congrats on the 10lb mark! You're doing great! :hug:

JennieLovesKisses 04-20-2010 05:56 PM

I know how you feel...I still can't believe I dropped almost 100lbs. It feels like just yesterday I was laying in bed 300lbs thinking to myself "how am I going to lose all this weight..." I almost have to remind myself I'm not 300lbs anymore, and I think wow...in another year, maybe less, will I be thinking this same thing about my weight now? I really can't wait for that moment! haha

Congrats on your first 10lb loss, you will be at your goal before you know it!

Aclai4067 04-20-2010 06:00 PM

I get bouts of not trusting the scale like that, especially after a stall or on weeks when I feel I "didn't earn it." Give it time to catch up to you. You'll be doing this :carrot: eventually. And until then, keep working hard because it IS paying off!

angelskeep 04-20-2010 06:07 PM

I always feel that way on the scale. In my fat pants, which are now sliding down m backside whenever I am walking through walmart or somewhere else, not so much. :rofl: I guess I believe my clothes more easily than I do the numbers. And I feel like I have such a long way to go. Each one or two pounds doesn't seem like very much to me. BUT it does all add up, little by little. And thankfully, the total looks *bigger* to me than the weekly amount. It's really crazy, huh? I can't even bear to think about how long it will take to get to goal, just keep moving through it day by day for now.

Barb

motivated chickie 04-20-2010 06:24 PM

I know exactly how you feel. When I see a loss on the scale I think "I'm dehydrated." The scale is broken.

I can't believe I am really doing this. In the past, I my weight would go up and down & now it is really going down.

I am starting to believe that I might hit goal. But I get really scared that this is all a dream.

Aubrey87 04-20-2010 06:28 PM

i feel the exact same way!! especially the whole losing weight and eating more thing! like this morning i was down 2 lbs and had a doughnut! why?! bc i'm losing weight so i can indulge? sometimes the brain works in funny ways!

Tuca125 04-20-2010 06:51 PM

I had lose 40 pound and stillnot belive it. So I guess it is normal to fell like that. Just keep going.
Congrats in yours 10's

Gold32 04-20-2010 08:04 PM

Thank you everyone!!! It is so good to know that I'm not a freak. (At least in this anyway! :lol:)

Seriously, you all are AWESOME. I am continually thankful for finding this website, with so many helpful, wonderful ladies (and a gent or two ;)).

juliastl27 04-20-2010 09:16 PM

yes yes yes yes. i still think this all the time. i hold up my own clothes and think, these are too small, they wont fit, i must have shrunk them in the dryer.

i wonder if it ever goes away because i still have total fat girl self esteem. maybe the last few will help.

caryesings 04-21-2010 08:56 AM

You'd think after losing 80 lbs. in a year, I'd believe it, wouldn't you? Nope, every month (except the one that I only lost 1 lb), I think I just happened to catch a good day...

I have been trying to make sure I get rid of clothes as they get too big, BUT have a hard time judging the "too big". My beau and a male friend often have to tell me it's time to retire something from the closet. And I can't tell you how many items I missed the chance to wear because I didn't try them on, thinking they'd still be too small.

BeachBreeze2010 04-21-2010 09:23 AM

It is a very weird process. These last few weeks especially for me. The faster the weight comes off, the more confused I get. On one hand, I see that I am down 35lbs and think GREAT! Then, I look at myself in recent pictures and still see a fat person. I see myself looking thinner in the mirror. I have dropped two sizes, but its still hard to wrap my head around it. I guess for me, I had two black and white dichotomies - I am either fat or thin. There isn't a middle. Well, now I am in this middle and not sure what or how to think about it. I will say that I am SUPER excited about the next 35lbs!! At that point, I will think of myself as thin. It's still not goal, but it will mean so many awesome things.

That first 10lbs was such a great feeling. It was the, "Oh my gosh, I am doing this!" feeling. It was starting to sink in that all of my goals really were possible. There were so many great things floating through my head and I just loved seeing the clothes fitting differently. I probably felt more beautiful then than I have this past week. All of the possibilities and wonder and expectations swept me away. Maybe I'm just in a bit of a lull now, I'm sure that will come back soon.

CONGRATS! on those first 10lbs! You CAN do this!!!

beansmama 04-21-2010 10:22 AM

Totally!

I haven't had batteries in my scale for about 6 months. On occasion I would use the doctor's scale where I work...in the afternoon, clothes on, shoes on...Anyway, I just started CC a few days ago and hubby put new batteries in the scale last night. When I saw 212 this morning I was like :?: I moved the scale to five different locations throughout the house :dizzy: with the same results. I feel closer to my goals. YAY

Aunty Jam 04-21-2010 11:53 AM

I know how you feel, I'm still there! I apparently have lost 25 pounds, had to get new clothes, people tell me I look good, hubby tells me I feel different when he hugs me... but I look in the mirror and all I see is fat! The logical part of my brain is slapping me upside the head for being a dummy, but the emotional part is screaming FAT!!! I know I am still over weight but the emotional part of my brain still thinks I'm 185 insted of 160. I wish I knew what the cure was for this.