3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   What mulivitamin works 4 you?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/199724-what-mulivitamin-works-4-you.html)

TIARA 04-19-2010 04:11 AM

What mulivitamin works 4 you??

Right now i am taking Prenatal pills.. No i am not pregnant but i was loosing my hair and after about 3 months it started helping that problem. Well my question is what kind of vitamins are yo taking im thinking about changing or adding to the prenatal. I also wanted to know how many of you take omega 3 aka fish oil. Someone told me they take it and also how good it is for you. I think eww fish oil. But hey if it will help me i will take it> I would just have to have it in a pill form..

So thats it what kind of vitamins are you taking and do you like it and what does it do for your diet,, :hug::hug:thankz

TIARA 04-19-2010 04:13 AM

oops typo i ment multivitamin... lol oh well

Smiling_Sara 04-19-2010 07:41 AM

I take a gummy multi for adults. The regular multi vit's that I had to swallow made me feel really sick to my stomach, but the gummy ones don't seem to do that.

toobig 04-19-2010 09:10 AM

Cheap ones from walmart is what my doctor said to take.

JayEll 04-19-2010 09:13 AM

I take the "once daily" vitamins (generic, from drug store). There are also some good Omega-3 supplements in a chewable form called Omega-3 Soft Chews from GNC. Those have NO icky taste! But they do have some sugar. I also take a calcium/magnesium supplement and extra vitamin D (dr's orders).

I always take them with a meal because I get nauseated if I take them on an empty stomach. This is common with vitamins.

Good luck!
Jay

WarMaiden 04-19-2010 12:22 PM

I do not take a multivitamin regularly, though I do have some and occasionally I'll pop one for the heck of it. I keep tabs on my general nutritional targets through FitDay and I regularly hit all of them, so I don't think a multi is necessary.

I do take a fish oil supplement. I take 4 to 8 grams per day of salmon oil that I get in caplets from Trader Joe's.

I also take a calcium-magnesium supplement since osteoporosis runs in my family, and 2000 IUs of vitamin D. I think vitamin D supplementation is extremely important.

stargzr 04-19-2010 12:36 PM

I take 'One-A-Day Women's'. I've been taking it for over a year now and I like it just fine. I get it at Costco - $15 for 250 pills. :)

I don't take any other pills, fish oil, omega's, etc.

Beverlyjoy 04-19-2010 01:05 PM

I take generic Centrum Cardio vitamins. I also take a fish oil supplement as my doctor requested. I buy what's on sale - as long as it says 'no mercury and no fish burps'.

Scorpio1986 04-19-2010 08:46 PM

Is it ok to take a multivitamin if on the birth control pill?

momof2kz 04-19-2010 08:52 PM

yes you can take multivitamin on birth control.

SisuInWI 04-19-2010 09:16 PM

I donate blood and a few times in the past I wasn't able to because my iron was low. They recommended Flinstones Chewables with Iron - honest - and to take it with orange juice. Well, since I've done that I've never had a problem with low iron.

aliquot 04-19-2010 09:27 PM

I take the generic CVS brand of VitaCraves gummy vitamins for adults.

AmyLynn76 04-20-2010 06:05 AM

I take One A Day Women's Active Metabolism...When I can remember:dizzy:

TIARA 04-20-2010 06:20 AM

wow thanks guys these are truely helpful.. i use to take the women energy pack from gnc the only side affect is it makes you pee flourecent yellow lol... I tried the one a day energy and to me it smelt like paint and i could not make myself take it. I also tried the flinstones but after my hair started coming out i switched to prenatal I guess since my hair is fine now i should go back to flinstones i really like the fact that they have omega 3s in gummies because burping fish oil is so not sexy..lol

lizziep 04-20-2010 02:26 PM

i take a chewable Centrum multivitamin, Vitamin D (not enough sun in oregon), Vitamin E (for fibrocystic breasts) and I'm supposed to take iron but it really hurts my stomach. might have to check out the flinstones ones.