Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-19-2010, 01:22 PM   #16  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

How about working your way up? It will give you time to adjust and you can increase the amount overtime.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:01 PM   #17  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

You will work your way up over time, at first, you will have to remind yourself to drink. What is working for me: I have a 1.5 litre bottle (from mineral water) on my desk and each morning, I fill it up with water (I do use either electrolytes or Crystal Light to flavour it lightly) and my goal is for the bottle to be empty when I am leaving work. I take sips here and there.
If I fill up the bottle first thing in the morning, I am good. If I don't, I usually don't finish it by 5 pm. Also, it helps that if I fill it up first thing it warms up somewhat - I cannot stand ice cold water , I am cold most of the time and icy water is not exactly helping.
I drink a bit in the morning (plus I have 4 mugs of decaf coffee at home before I leave) and then I drink as I exercise and afterwards.
In summer, I usually drink more than 2 litres a day, it depends. If you keep sipping it won't seem to you that you drink a lot.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #18  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

This may sound excessive, and I did have to work myself up to this, but now it's just part of the routine.

I have 6 Dasani water bottles that I clean and refill. I have a tap water filter, and fill them after I've cleaned them. I love crystal light, but I dilute it way more than the recommended amount, otherwise the flavor is too intense for me. I use 1 packet for 3 waterbottles (16.9oz bottles). I drink all 6 waterbottles everyday, so two crystal light packets.

I clean and refill my bottles at night, spread the two crystal lights over all six, and put them in the fridge for the morning.

I drink one for every meal, so that's three down. I drink one while I'm working out, so that's four. I take one to class or work that I can sip on to make the time go by. And then I have one left over that I drink with a snack or while I'm studying or watching TV or something. Six waterbottles is over 100oz, which yes, seems excessive, but I've found it quite easy to get in the routine of. I used to never drink ANYthing. If I get a very rare diet coke or coffee or tea or anything else, I count that as one of my water bottles so I'll only drink 5 bottles for the day. If I'm simply not thirsty, I will only drink 4 or 5 bottles.

It has definitely helped with appetite control, I always feel full with meals because I have a whole waterbottle in me along with my food. Also, my skin has gotten a lot clearer in the last few weeks.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #19  
my beautiful rescue

Height: 5'4"

I most definitely have this problem. I used to drink about 1000 calories in soda a day. I have since cut that dramatically. But I still am not getting enough water. It just doesn't taste great to me, plus when I drink more than two glasses in a row, I feel like I'm going to die of fullness. Actually, I think I'll go drink some water right now.
goreplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:25 PM   #20  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

SO I've done half water with a walmart bran crystal light mix (32once) and half tap water another 32once bottle so that I'm at least getting 64ounces of water in a day. I took your guy's advice and kind of spread it out throughout the day, I had a little bit of a hard time simply because I'm not usually thirsty all day but I managed. Today I don't feel like I have an ocean inside of my stomach, but I do have to pee a lot..TMI but it happens I guess Haha.
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:58 PM   #21  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by goreplz View Post
I most definitely have this problem. I used to drink about 1000 calories in soda a day. I have since cut that dramatically. But I still am not getting enough water. It just doesn't taste great to me, plus when I drink more than two glasses in a row, I feel like I'm going to die of fullness. Actually, I think I'll go drink some water right now.
Two glasses in a row will make almost anyone feel full. I remember reading about starvation studies where the men had electrolyte problems because they were drinking so much water to try to keep the hunger at bay that it messed up their salt/electrolyte balance.

I tend to sip throughout the day. Every time I look at the clock and see it's been another 15 minutes, I drink another couple swallows. It adds up quickly without being overwhelming.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:04 PM   #22  
one single step at a time

S/C/G: 305/197/150

Height: 5'5

I just keep a big glass full of water with me at all times and take random sips all day but i got this crystal lights packets which also help
danitzastars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #23  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Height: 5'3"

Oh I forgot about this post! Haha, an update on my water issues: I'm doing great so far and I'm just starting to drink a little more than 64ounces a day now!

I still add half a packet of Walmart's brand of crystal light to one 32ounce bottle, just to give it that extra flavor.

Oh and just to add: That having to go to the bathroom every hour or so seems to be the only funny/annoying thing about it.

Last edited by JennieLovesKisses; 05-02-2010 at 08:22 PM.
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:34 AM   #24  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

lol yeah the bathroom trips, oy! I remember when I first got up to 64ozs....my DH was a little worried that we were expecting a surprise!!

I don't go any where without my camelbak sports bottle!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 178/131.6/108

Height: 5'

water makes me feel better. i don't know if my tummy is hurting.. and mine always does for some reason.. if im hungry and cant eat at the moment, if i cant sleep because im hungry or any other reason, after i work out, while i work out. when i take my vitamins. Lol all the time water makes things better for me. I crave it really. Especially if i eat bad food, all i can think of after is drinking a crap ton of water. Water makes me feel better all the time, and so i drink a lot of it. I try to drink about 64 ounces a day. I also like a lot of herbal tea.
aware210 is offline   Reply With Quote