Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default ...sweating?

Ok, so I thought I would ask everyone this: as you have lost weight have you noticed you sweat less?

At high school, I don't remember sweating as much as I do--admittedly I was 150 in high school--but I feel like all I do these days is wear light t-shirts, and hoodies to cover up the arm pits.

So, has anyone noticed a definite change? Or am I cursed to live this life forever....
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:48 PM   #2  
getting less fluffy

S/C/G: 255/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I sweat more now that I am loosing weight. I wonder if its our metabalism. I also cant find a deoderant that works now. I put it on 3 to 4 times a day
Terre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #3  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

I definitely notice a difference when I lose weight. I also think it has to do with the types of foods you put into your body.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #4  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

I never sweated all that much before gaining weight, while I was morbidly obese, or now--but when I was morbidly obese I was warm all the time, and now I am cold all the time. I am impatiently waiting right now for real spring/summer weather because I'm tired of being cold.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #5  
Stronger then ever

S/C/G: 160/125

Height: 5'4

I actually sweat more NOW it is scary, I am working out and eating healthy and i have never had this much sweat my entire life! when i first started working out i would just get really red in the face.
MoEstrada23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I think, more than anything, that I feel there is some kind of social stigma towards a fat person sweating.. y'know? I wouldn't mind if I was thinner and still sweating, as people won't be thinking "she's just sweating because she's fat."

Obviously, its part of genetic make up, too... but I wish it wasn't...
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:26 PM   #7  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Sweat less? Nope, not me. I sweat more.
But, in all honesty, I don't really think it's tied to my weight loss. I think I noticed sweating more when I turned 40, or when I was in my early forties. I noticed that seemingly light physical activity (like screwing a screw in with a screwdriver) would make me sweat, especially in my face (mostly around my hairline).
It never stopped. Now I sweat horribly when I exercise and I have to tell you that for a while I did not want to do Zumba because after an hour, I look like somebody dunked my head in the toilet! Oh, how I envy the other ladies who sweat, maybe just as heavily as myself, but on other parts of their body! I ENVIED the lady in the class who had beads of sweat on her upper arms - but her face was dry. I found out that I produce sweat in those area (actually all over my body) only in a hot yoga class, otherwise, most of my sweating is located in my face, sculp and under my neck and boobs. (You should have seen me last night at the end of 60 minute work out with a Jackie Warner DVD! You would think I fell into a pool).
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:03 PM   #8  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Sorry to bear bad news, but I sweat more after losing weight than before. Maybe it was because I was a lump before. I've always sweat a lot during a workout but now it's become worse. I also sweat in my back and under my boobs, but not so much in my armpits (TMI, sorry). Not sure what it means, but I agree, there is a stigma to being overweight and sweating. I knew someone who was very slender and had been that way all her life and she sweats a lot. She's actually very self-conscious of it, so I think it's 90% genetics. Who knows? I just wish I could switch off some sweat glands (my face, ala Tomato) and leave the others on...
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:06 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

You can get a number of strong anti antiperspirants which you apply a layer of at night time, and then wash off in the morning. I have tried the PerspireX one and it worked pretty well. I think you can also get a similar thing on prescription. Something to consider
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:25 PM   #10  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I have always been a sweaty girl... even during my thin days in high school. then when I got PG with my son, I REALLY sweat ALL THE TIME. I was wearing tank tops in December and January. I am better now that I am not PG, but I still think I sweat more than I did b/f I had my son.

Whether I am 250 or 150, I SWEAT. I hate wearing white shirts b/c the armpits turn yellow after I wear them a couple times. I am jealous of people who can wear shirts and not get pit stains.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #11  

I actually listed excessive sweating as one of my motivators to getting started. It was really embarrassing in front of clients anytime it was either slightly warm in a room or the slightest physical exercise.

60 lbs later my "comfortable" temp is 3-4 degrees warmer than it was before and I can't remember the last time I sweat when I wasn't working out. Been a massive difference here...
randomcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:50 PM   #12  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Before, I used to sweat often and inappropriately (in business settings as Randomcards said, or when not doing anything active). That has lessened, obviously...as I got healthier, what was "exertion" to me entered a whole new threshold. So I don't sweat in warm rooms or when going up a flight of stairs or whatever.

That said, I still sweat more than a little when I exert myself. My gym clothes are pretty much legendary when I do HIIT...I sweat so much salt crystalizes on my collarbones. So I think the degree to which I sweat at a particular level of exertion is the same, but what it takes to get me to that level has changed dramatically.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:00 PM   #13  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

I never really thought about this before. I generally don't sweat a lot unless I am outside in the sun or exercising. When I exercise I sweat a lot on my face and under my boobs... I like the sweat when I exercise though.

I have been using a brand of Secret deodorant.. its the clinical protection kind. My DH used it one day and he said it worked good. He said he smelled pretty all day. HAH.

Off topic, but my DH sweats a lot when he plays his Battlefield 2 video game. Hahaha
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:03 PM   #14  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

I sweat less now. At 260 it was so embarrassing. I would sweat heavily from walking to a downstairs class... even on a cold day. Like my forehead would be glossy and wet, usually it would be dripping. I'm like Tomato, my head sweats a lot. I couldn't go shopping, even at 10 PM on a freezing January night, I would walk into the grocery store with a t-shirt on to grab something, and be sweating by the time I got to the check stand. Gah.

Now that I've lost, thank freaking god that's lessened. I still sweat more than average though. Walking to class makes me sweat a little, whether or not it's really hot. But at least now I have to somewhat exert myself a lot to break a sweat. And I get cold more now, more than before. I run "hot" but if I'm sitting for a while in any room, I start to get cold. And I can't sit outside on winter nights like I used to, I get way too cold. I can't wait to be freezing all the time!
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:04 PM   #15  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortandfluffy View Post

I have been using a brand of Secret deodorant.. its the clinical protection kind. My DH used it one day and he said it worked good. He said he smelled pretty all day. HAH.
LOL that's so cute. Guys are silly.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote