Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-07-2010, 12:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/135

Height: 5'3

Unhappy Hello everyone...again. very discouraged:(

Hello everyone. This is my second time here. It's been awhile. My first and last post was back in January. In January I was all set and ready to go on my weight loss journey. Well it didn't happen. Instead I've gained about 10lbs. I'm so upset and depressed now. I really want to lose weight and be healthier. I already have a chronic illness, Crohns Disease. I had an Illeostomy surgery in February of 09 and at that time I weighed 129, only because I was so ill. After the surgery I began to feel better and I could actually eat again. I enjoyed food a little too much I felt so great last summer. Anyway, now it's over a year later and I've put on over 70lbs. I don't even know where to begin. I have started walking daily this week. I'm trying to watch what I eat but I'm one of those "comfort eaters". Sorry this is so long. I need support and it's hard for me to accept that. My short term goal is just to get under 200 for now...but my long term goal is to weigh 140-150. Thanks for listening.
AmyLynn76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:34 AM   #2  
I have another theory . .

S/C/G: 161/161/130

Height: 5'2"

I hear you on the discourage part. I lost 22 lbs a little over a year ago -- was within 15 lbs or so of my goal -- and just fell off the wagon. Stupid, stupid. Why did I do that? I have no clue but am back at it, again. Don't be too hard on yourself and don't think you're alone in comfort eating. I'd bet a buck that the majority of people here are comfort eaters . . . otherwise they wouldn't be here! I think it's great that you have a mini-goal of under 200 and not just the long-term goal. I find it completely overwhelming to think of the big number I want to lose so I break it down into little numbers. Not even 5 lbs increments; sometimes a 2 lb loss is just the right amount to keep me motivated. Oh, and posting tips like this for others helps reinforce it for me as well. Good luck, lots of support here and the best part is . . . every single person here knows exactly how you feel because they have been or are in the same boat.
Anne Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I think that now the only thing you can do is get back on track. It happens. You have to do your best to make sure it doesn't happen again, but feeling guitly and depressed about it will likely only lead to more weight gain and a general sense of helplessness. But you're not helpless, and you can do something about this, you just have to set your mind to it.

Find a plan that works for you, there are tons of options. Good luck!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:13 PM   #4  

Thank you. I am trying to find some kind of healthy eating and exercise that will work for me. Since I had my Illiostomy surgery there are certain foods I'm supposed to avoid so I don't end up with a blockage. Foods like fresh vegetables, fruits w/ skins, nuts, high fiber foods. I'm not real sure what to eat to replace those foods as snacks. I'm googleing and trying to figure something out though.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:22 PM   #5  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Glad you are back!! Just take it one step at a time. It is good you are doing a daily walk! I am pretty new here too, I've been walking 1 mile on my treadmill at 3.0 and next week plan to add a second mile each day! If you are not sure what to eat, I'd would start out with just trying to understand portion control, use this blog, as well as other sites, to see what sort of diet changes will work for you best and slowly add them in! Don't be discouraged, it took a year to gain 70lbs so it isn't going to fall off in one day! I gained 90 lbs being pregnant (twice) and I know how you are feeling! Just take it slow, we are all here for you! Good luck!!!
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #6  
no{BODY} is perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLynn76 View Post
Thank you. I am trying to find some kind of healthy eating and exercise that will work for me. Since I had my Illiostomy surgery there are certain foods I'm supposed to avoid so I don't end up with a blockage. Foods like fresh vegetables, fruits w/ skins, nuts, high fiber foods. I'm not real sure what to eat to replace those foods as snacks. I'm googleing and trying to figure something out though.
try cream of wheat, scrambles eggs or egg whites, or pasta s
Momma Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #7  
On my way back to goal!

S/C/G: 218/201.5/140

Height: 5' 2"

@ AmyLynn76:
I am with you in the same boat! I was at my goal weight and had remained there for two years. I was diagnosed with early stage cervical cancer in March 2008 and had a hysterectomy in April 2008. Thankfully I did not have to do chemo/radiation, but the 6 weeks off from work and my normal exercise routine, coupled with all the emotions that went along with it - I comfort ate until I had gained nearly 70 pounds back. Slowly, though, I am working my way back down. (At highest was 218, am now 201.5)

I just started reading posts again on here also. I need to be able to talk with others who understand the struggle. My husband was supportive the first time around, but this time not so much. I'm not sure if he's disappointed that I failed to keep the weight off, or if he didn't care too much for the attention I got from other men when I was thinner.

We are all here to support each other to not give up and start heading in the right direction! We can do it! And as long as we keep trying, sooner or later we are bound to succeed!

{{HUGS}}
MariSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:32 PM   #8  

I'm so glad that I decided to come back. Thank you all for your replies. I don't want to just lose weight. I want to be healthier for life. I realize that I can't do it alone. There is so much here. I feel good about this
Old 04-07-2010, 11:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back! You are not the first to struggle with these issues (and I am guessing most of us here can completely relate). I am glad you came back and wish you the very best on your weight loss journey!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote