I'm back....a bit embarrassed but determined

• Hi! I quit smoking in Feb 2006 and by Aug 06 I lost 30lb.

Well, through 1 foot surgery and now a foot injury, a bout of heavy drinking for a year (no drinking problem or family crisis, just had wine and beer every night) and very bad "I deserve it" attitude about food, I have regained almost all of it.
    I am determined to do it again but I can not exercise like I did before. I am 48 now, have bursitis in the hips, and right now badly torn tendons and ligaments from a fall 3 weeks ago.(.....and no, it wasn't from drinking, lol)

I am starting fresh and know I will need some support as I whine and carry on to lose this again......so Hi everybody!
  • I remember! It's good that you've come back to us
  • Hi again Susan, I remember you too!
    How have you been, maintaining pretty well it seems, good for you!
  • I wish I could say that I have maintained but I haven't.

Things are good now though. I feel good and clothing fits I've been cutting grain, sugar and processed stuff. It's working very well. I like it!
  • Well you made the best decision by realizing it's time to get back in the game. You know it's always the hardest part. I'm sorry to hear about all of the medical problems though.

Now I just need to follow in your footsteps and kick the cigarette habit.
  • Kick it, hopeful! It's a GRRRRRRRREAT feeling! I smoked for 30 yrs and I did it, you can too!

Aschenbrodel - Free and Healing for Four Years, One Month, Twenty Two Days, 9 Hours and 16 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 126 Days and 4 Hours, by avoiding the use of 36345 cigarettes that would have cost me $9,676.02.
  • ..and I'm quite pleased to say that I did not have and of my newly 16yr old's b-day cake and Ice cream tonight, because "I deserve" to lose the weight now!
    I'll have some healthy snack like popcorn later, but I really am not that hungry. I find it weird that some days I have to force myself to eat and some days it's all I can do to stop myself!