Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-31-2010, 05:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/137/115

Height: 5'3

Default Lose 5 lbs in 2 weeks

I'm trying to lose 5 lbs within two weeks. My plan is to eat salads for lunch and a frozen meal (Lean Cuisine) or soup for dinner. As for breakfast, I don't have any much restrictions because it's the time of the day that I am most hungry so I need to eat a lot.

Have anyone tried to lose 5 lbs before? Any suggestions? Thank you!!
GiGi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I usually try for 2 lbs a week, so 5 in 2 weeks seems possible if you are careful and exercise. Not sure exactly how you would go about it, but try your plan and see. It's different for everyone.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 316.5/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 6 in

I've never had that goal but watch the sodium with the frozen meals. I find a 5-8lb fluctuation in weight based on my sodium intake.

GOOD LUCK
Kenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I agree with Kenni on the frozen meals and sodium.

Good luck with your goals
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

The best way to lose 5 lbs in 2 weeks is to gain about 50 lbs, develop some bad eating habits, and then go on a diet. You'll lose 5 lbs in the first two weeks, easy.

More seriously, I think it will be a struggle: your BMI is in the "normal" range, and once you are there, weight comes off slowly.

A heavy person can create a calorie deficit through dietary restriction: the stuff your body has to have to function ends up being about 1200 calories, and just walking around a heavy body burns twice or more than that. So you can get what you need and still have a deficit.

For a person at a healthy weight, there is a vicious cycle: your body doesn't burn that many calories just walking around, and so if you eat little enough to create a significant calorie deficit, you'll have to forgo nutrients that your body really needs--and if you do that, your body will work less efficiently and you won't lose as much as you might think you should.

This doesn't mean it's hopeless. Once you are in the "normal" range, dietary restriction is not and cannot be the way you create your deficit: at that point, you really have to create it through exercise. So the way to lose 5 lbs in two weeks is to exercise a lot while only eating those nutrients your body needs--1200 calories of whole foods, heavy on the protein and fiber, low on the carbs, fats, and sodium.

This isn't sure to work. Five lbs in two weeks is a LOT for someone of your weight. If it doesn't work, it doesn't say anything about you or your dedication. It may not be possible (you may also lose 3 lbs in two weeks, and then at two weeks + 3 days suddenly lose another 3. No way to stop that from possibly happening.)
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm dying of curiosity! You can ignore me if you'd like but ... I'd really like to know why 5 lbs in 2 weeks?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #7  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Same question as SusanB. I'm just a nosy person.

I'm 2 lbs away from healthy BMI and I'm struggling to get rid of them. All I can suggest is cooking your own meals. The frozen meals are chock full of sodium and preservatives. How about steaming veggies and cooking a lot of pasta in advance? Then just dole out a serving size of pasta (whole grain preferably) and steam some veggies. They have those "steam in a bag" veggies - I forget which company makes them - if you'd think using the microwave is easier/faster. That way you'd get the nutrients you want without all the sodium (or you can control the amount of salt you add).
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #8  
aka christina :)

S/C/G: 142/118/116

Height: 5'5

i would say stay away from sodium! that's the only advice i have. i'd love to lose 5 pounds in 2 weeks - but like the other ladies, i'm curious as to why? i'm nosy too.
diornotwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #9  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

I think 5 lbs in 2 weeks is doable for you, but only once. When I begin a serious weight program, I can lose the first 5 lbs pretty fast. Although I admit, I always start a serious program after I've had a last binge. So I'm not really losing 5 lbs of fat, I'm losing water too. But I don't care, the movement in the scale gives me motivation. But then I lose 2 lbs max after that.

And, like others have said, exercise is key.

Good luck.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 247/ticker/160

Height: 5'4

my mom brought lean cuisines into the house because of how convenient and how they have the weight watchers points posted on the box, but i really ate them once a day and didnt lose a pound! but i got back to not eating lean cuisines and drinking the water (6 cups minimum a day) and started losing again.
Crystalynnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:51 AM   #11  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I lost all my weight eating Lean Cuisines a few times a week. They are high in sodium, but only 30-ish% of your daily total. As long as you watch sodium during the rest of the day and drink lots of water, you should be fine. Make sure you're getting potassium to balance the sodium out. Afterall, your body does need some salt.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:21 AM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

*I* couldn't lose a thing on that menu, but that's just me. The reason I couldn't? Because I wouldn't make it through day one. If you don't/can't/won't stick with it - there's no way to lose. I would be STARVING. But again, that's just me. Soup OR a LEan Cuisine would make me ravenous. I'd probably be munching all night long to *make up* for it.

Okay, reread your post- something I just noticed - you said you have no restrictions for breakfast and need to eat a lot. Well with no restrictions and eating a *lot*, right there you could blow a whole days calorie budget. I think you may have to plan that breakfast out a bit better than that or who knows, you could even GAIN weight. Of course your idea of a LOT and my idea could be two different things .

No matter what you do and what you lose in those two weeks, whether it be the 5 lbs, 3 or what have you. If you abandon those practices you'll most likely gain it all back in week 3.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:04 PM   #13  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I think Lean Cuisine tastes like hairspray. Weird maybe? But I do eat a lot of Amy's Organic Burritos which have 300 calories and I think quite a bit of sodium. Just a little less then a Lean Cuisine.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 155/149/130

Height: 5'5"

@LandonsBaby - I *love* those Amy's Organic Burritos. They are phenomenal!
gethealthier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:44 PM   #15  
I have another theory . .

S/C/G: 161/161/130

Height: 5'2"

I would starve eating just salads and L.C.

Try eating eggs with veggies and/or fruit for breakfast. I like 1 egg, 2 whites and 1/2 oz. American cheese scrambled into some sauteed zucchini (non-stick spray in pan; season the zucchini w/ a little onion powder, salt, pepper). Yum. Maybe a small whole grain bagel and 1/2 grapefruit. Mid-morning snack (if you feel you need it) cheese stick and some whole grain crackers or lf yogurt. Lunch ... the salad is great but add some protein to it. Grilled chicken, tuna, egg whites, etc. Afternoons is when I usually need that snack. A combo of protein and good carbs keeps hunger at bay (p. butter on celery or apple; lf yogurt; cheese stick and whole grain crackers, protein bar). Dinner -- chicken, beef, pork, fish -- just don't cook it fried or sauced. Broiled, light that grill!, poached, roasted. Veggies and a small portion of whole grains or 1/2 baked spud or yam.
Anne Elk is offline   Reply With Quote