Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-16-2002, 12:16 PM   #16  
Super Star

Default Death to all Fat Filled Cakes!!

Howdyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Oh man..death to those cake calories!!!!

and to dirty dishes.....

Happy...
and to housework that we all do not generate. Yes honey..your clothes go IN the laundry basket and that is why i want to hit you over the head wiht this here skillet!!!

COme on Fonda you can do it!!! You are going to do it!! we are here for you!!

Mom..too funny!! I have to try that cake. Do you add it just like the oil and stuff?? Are you the only female in your household??? Gilr you need a girls day of spa and relaxation!!
Ok..i am in a food crisis..i need some good rec. for my family!!

Help!!!

chat ya soon!!! Tracy
TallTracy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 01:07 PM   #17  
FKS

Wink Hi Again All,

I am feeling better than I was when I posted earlier Hey, what is the dang thing that just popped across my screen? It wouldn't go away!

Welshbird, I also hate any and all housework! I wish that my husband was a neat freak though. I use to be one but that time has long since past.

HappyHousewife, Nothing is wrong with 28 pounds! You just keep on trying. I know it is depressing sometimes. I was upset this morning myself after stepping on the scales but I am out of that funk now. You stay

Tracy, What kind of food crisis are you in? Yep, I am back on the computer again, even though I have plenty to do around here. Plus, I have errands to run before I pick up one of my son's from football practice. If you need to chat about anything just let me know!

Mom Lisa, I will buddy up if you like!

You all take care!

Fonda

FitDay.com
FKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 03:29 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 235/194/140

Height: 5'7

I didn't do so good over the weekend. I actually had a Large order of McDonald's fries and a footlong coney from Sonic. I haven't done very good today either!! I just take it day by day..and try not to beat myself up to much when I fail.

I haven't lost any weight in the past two months. Although, I have maintained the weight I've lost. Which I guess is an accomplishment for me!!

You guys are always more than welcome to shoot me an email, as well. I'm always willing to get (or give) motivation!
HappyHousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 11:14 AM   #19  
FKS

Happy, It is okay to everyone once in a while splurge. Just don't give up! I had a few of my little ones McDonalds FF's myself yesterday. I tired to beat myself up over it and then just stopped! If you do splurge...just exercise to get it off...even if just for 20 min! I think it is great that you are below 200! I can't wait until the day that I am! My stats are: Ht. 5'6 HW:250 CW235 Goal:145 That is an accomplishment to maintain!! Great going!

Fonda
Old 09-18-2002, 12:59 PM   #20  

Fonda,
You're right!!
I try to put my weight in a realistic sense to keep myself motivated. Like when I lose 10 pounds, I compare it to the weight of a bag of potatoes. ((Which are heavy when you have to carry them through the store!)) I've lost 3; 10 pound bags. I don't think I could even LIFT 3 bags of potatoes, much less carry them around everywhere.
I hope I didn't lose any of you guys..

I really hate to spurge because it is SO difficult for me to get back on track. It is nearly impossible for me to do. Which may be why I haven't lost anymore weight in so long.

Thank you so much for your encouragement. It motivates me more than you guys know!! Have a great day filled with no chocolate cake!!
Old 09-18-2002, 01:00 PM   #21  
Super Star

Hi Gals!!

Ugh..i wish i had eaten mcdonalds fries..then my weight gain would be worth it!! Ihave been craming my mouht full of nothing!! I am home alone for 6 hours for the first time in 7 years...and finding it hard to get motivation!!!

SO are you guys doing and what are you doing to psych yourself up??

SO..any tipe would be greatly appreciated!!!

ps...i think tv is one goal i need to overcome..it makes me eat!!!

Hope to hear from all of YOU soon!!

Tracy
Old 09-18-2002, 03:01 PM   #22  
FKS

Angry Tracy and Wilma

Me again.

Wilma: I don't think you lost me, I weigh a lot more than a bag of potatoes! Hey, maintaining is better than gaining for sure!

Tracy: I psyched myself up today! I did a yoga tape for 20 minutes (while my 2 year old was sleeping), felt so good I did a 40 min. workout tape!

Ya'll it was hard. I haven't done exercise in a while (years) except walk a little and play tennis just a tiny, tiny bit. I started doing a yoga tape a week ago and also walking some at night. I bet I am sore, sore tomorrow from that tape today!

I am having a hard time lately though with getting my water down.

Just hopped on line to post my exercise on my FitDay.com site. Going to get ready for the grocery store now. Going to try not to get any food.

Take Care,
Fonda
Old 09-18-2002, 03:22 PM   #23  

Post bored and want to eat!!

Tracy, I eat when I watch t.v. too!! I bet that's half the reason I gained so much weight. I wonder why I have the uncontrollable urge to eat so much while watching t.v.???

What do you guys do when you're bored?? I try to exercise, but can't do that everytime I'm bored. I overslept this morning and didn't get up until 10:30!!! How many calories should I eat today considering I've got up so late??

I usually eat breakfast at 8, lunch at 12, and dinner at 5. I try not to snack between meals, though. I've had about 430 calories since 10:30..... Any thoughts on how many I should eat??
Old 09-18-2002, 03:29 PM   #24  
FKS

Happy,
I try to stay under 1,500 calories for the day. When bored, I use to read but have cut back some on that and do stuff around house, play with daughter, go window shopping...stuff like that. Why not have some "good" snacks on hand when you snack while watching t.v.! One more thing I do though. I DO snack between meals! Otherwise I will be starving when meal time comes and gobble everything up! Just make them healthy snacks or don't eat all your food and spread it out over the day into mini meals! Also, drink water first when you have hunger pains and then wait for few minutes before you reach for that snack. Hope this helps! Good Luck.

Fonda
Old 09-18-2002, 06:20 PM   #25  

Hey guys, what are some really low cal foods??? When I'm really trying to have a low-cal day I eat a lot of these foods. Do you have any to add??

Strawberries (I put sugar substitute on mine, because berries take bitter to me).
Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Any type of diet cola, apples, and carrots.
Old 09-18-2002, 06:21 PM   #26  

Take = Taste..
Sorry, it was a type-o.
Old 09-19-2002, 05:38 AM   #27  

hi everybody

isnt it annoying that the only 'healthy' food around is either green, green or green!!!! and not very tasty. why cant they do a 'healthy food' that tastes like choclate aye?!! the only thing i know is a yogurt called muller light. it is 99% fat free and they have choclate flavoured and fudge flavoured, alright it doesnt taste like the real thing really but itis better than indulging in a 0% fat free choclate bar in the sense of dieters.

thats the only thing with having kids aint it. all those little treats you have to buy!! then if they dont finish it then, oooppps its in your mouth and swallowed before your brain even has chance to say, sstttoooopppp! you really dont want to eat that!! samewith chips and stuff. anyone have the same problem with finishing thier childs dinner for them?

tracy, getting psyched up is the hardest job on this planet! like ive said before, the only way i can do it is by keeping the mind busy, or sinking my teeth into an apple or banana before they sink into something i later regret eating. go for a walk, or put the music on so loud you cant hear yourself thinking and dance and sing around the house!! yes, you may feel like a complete and utter prat, but it does work. it also helps to combat stress! get motivated girl, and yuour well on the way. come on, you can do it, you know you can. keep writing and well give each other a kick up the backside to keep on the right track.

another thing i do is to look at a photo of me in baggy pants and t-shirt, and just seeing how fat i look, gets me motivated!!! i think to myself, 'i can look much, much better than that!!

got to go now. hope to hear from you all soon. lol

welshbird
welshbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 08:28 AM   #28  
Super Star

MORNINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Excellent on the do exercises!! You are doing great!!! I took a couple of yoga classes and wow was i sweating. It was called Body flow...i play tennis 3-4 times a wek??Are you near me??i am lokinf for a challenge!! Keep up the great work fonda!!

Happy..that darn tv..i ate again after i took my kids to school. It i had not turned it on..I know I would not have eaten. I need some good healthy snacks too that satisfy my sweet and salty tooth!!

Welsh..i hear ya!! I actually love green stuff but HATE preparing it!! As no onein my family eats the green little demoms os they rot!! Sigh.. I need kid friendly veggie rec!!!!The picture is a good idea!!! Ugh..that would make me never eat!!

Hey..i am the typo queen!!! Shoot my brains i super fast but my fingers..are like..what..you want me to type??

chat ya soon!!!

Tracy
Old 09-19-2002, 11:26 AM   #29  

WelshBird, If I don't satisfy my need for chocolate I binge on everything else in my quest at fullfillling my need for it.
I make no-cal hot chocolate and it tastes pretty good. ((Not as good as a huge Hershey bar though)).
I did pretty good yesterday. Although, I DID eat way too many snacks!! You know, those snacks that you don't realize (or enjoy) eating until you've eaten it and then you feel awful..

Oh, and I agree about the children's plates!!
Old 09-19-2002, 12:33 PM   #30  

hi tracy and happyhousewife. nice to hear from you so soon.

god, i could spend hours on these forums. no, i do spend hours on these forums. one way of keeping occupied aye.

dieting is a pure pain in the ***!! now if i wasnt on a diet, not having all the junk food wouldnt bother me in the slightest!! but because i am on a diet, that is all i can think of. cakes are even starting to talk to me and call out my name!!!! how sad!!!! they are saying, eat me or die of starvation!!

hhw your right about satisfying the need, its like some sort of demon that takes over your whole body!! if you dont get it its like an explosion in the brain, and god help any1 who crosses your path at the rong time!!

is that all we think about?!! its quite depressing really, theres got to be more to life than this. isnt therte, cos at the mo, my whole life centres around being on a diet. cant go out cos got to be home in time to have dinner!!! otherwise dinner will be a takeout!!! a takeout is fattening, fattening is depressing!! 1 **** of a vicious circle!!

anyway, now ive let off a bit of steam, does anyone go into the chat rooms? so

sos about that, had 1 of a hellish day!!! spk to you soon. lol

welshbird
welshbird is offline   Reply With Quote