Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-25-2010, 09:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 198.4/145/145

Height: 5'5

Default I'm pissed (upward trend and TMI)

I really need some help trying to sort this out. I'm feeling so discouraged I feel like crying. Any suggestions, encouraging words, a kick in the butt is appreciated. I'll try to keep this as short as possible.

On Thursday of last week, I used Plan B (emergency contraception) because of an accident. Okay, my weigh-in Monday was 187.8. Since then, my weight has increased every morning. Today it's up to 189.2! I've been eating on plan and working out. I feel bigger than I did at my SW (198.4). My breasts are extremely tender and every so often I get the crampy feeling like TOM is about to come but it shouldn't be here for about another 10 days or so. I don't know if the Plan B is going to make it come earlier. My arms are kind of sore because I've been boxing (WII - I really get into the movements and do jumping jacks, squats, running in place between the rounds and when I knock out the opponent). But I don't think it's water retention because I've been drinking my water.

Anyhow, maybe it's hard to see because it's "me," so does anyone see anything that could be causing this upward trend? Right now I'm feeling so down. I don't want to have to start back over. I was so proud to finally be out of the 190s. Now it looks like I'll be right back there soon.
pink sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #2  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I was in the same position as you just a few weeks ago so I know how frustrating even a minor weight gain can be. I just looked up Plan B to see the side effects and breast tenderness is listed as one of them. To me, breast tenderness indicates water retention, which can cause an increase in weight. Also, since you've been on plan with both eating and exercise, the 2 lb gain could be water retention. The only reason I'm placing bets on that is because 2 lbs is really not a big gain (I know it seems like it at this point) and could just be some water. I bet in a few days, your body will automatically flush it out and you'll be back down to your new low.

Try not to focus on the gain and stress yourself out in the process. Just focus on eating right and exercising. The weight HAS to come off, right? Give your body some time.

Last edited by Sunnigummi; 03-25-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #3  
Beautylicious

S/C/G: 148/144/135

Height: 5'6

Give it a week. I've had to take Plan B before, and I didn't feel like I was back to "normal" for several days. It's a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig adjustment for your body. Just try to relax, eat well and exercise as you normally would, and things should stablize. It'll be okay
CharlieBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:40 AM   #4  

Height: 5'11"

Hold tight if you're staying on plan. You're really only up 1.6 pounds, which is easily explained (for me) by something as innocent as a little bit of salt. I am not an expert on Plan B at all, but I could easily imagine that if it does make your period come early then this could be a little bit of hormonal stuff going on.

Remember, what we want is a downward trend. There are zigs and zags along the way but the goal is to keep your eye on the prize, stay on plan, and don't let the little ups and downs of water weight and scale weirdness through you off course. Do NOT give in and start thinking, "this doesn't work, so I might as well give up." THAT is what makes it not work (the giving up)!!! So you hang in there, stay on plan, and watch for the general downward trend.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Plan B is progesterone-- the same hormone that we are full of right before TOM-- you know the time when you get bloated and cranky and breast tenderness.... etc? So a little weight gain with Plan B would be totally normal. And just feeling generally kinda cranky. Expect a messed up cycle this time.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I agree with what everyone has said. You have to remember, Plan B is a crazy super high dose of the normal every day birth contorl pill--so that means a crazy super high dose of hormones. So it's not surprising that it puts your body out of sorts. A huge rush of hormones will do that!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:43 AM   #7  
Beautylicious

Just re-read your post - so you took this a week ago? Give it another week, or at least a few more days.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #8  

Thanks so much! I'm reading up on Plan B side effects a little more. Everyone's input here (and the Googling) has calmed me down a little. I'm thinking my body just doesn't deal well with hormonal birth control. I gained a big chunk of weight last year after being on the Pill and Nuvaring. It's just so discouraging to be working so hard and the scale seems to be trying its best to take me back where I started lol.

Charliebaby, yes, I took it a week ago. The breast tenderness and "super fat" feeling just really started on maybe Monday night. It almost feels like TOM is about to start. I hope things go back to normal soon.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:17 AM   #9  
Beautylicious

TOM shouldn't start (I don't think) until your normal date, when you would usually expect it. But the cramping and bloating are part of the Plan B, I think. Things will stabilize. Hang in there
Old 03-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 259.6/245.8/145

Height: 5'5"

TOM WILL likely start early and your body will probably be off cycle for a month or two. I've had to take that before myself and it does a number on your hormones and your weight. Don't beat yourself up, just think of the huge loss you'll have once hormones return to normal!!!!
jenwoobiekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #11  

I just wanted to give a mini-update on this. Yesterday, I didn't feel as big as I had been feeling and my breasts weren't as sore. They're still tender but before I was wincing in pain from simply having on a shirt! Still no period (though I'm still having the menstrual-like cramps). When I weighed myself this morning, I was right back to where I was (187.8) when the week started. So yay! I'm hoping things continue to get better. Thanks, again, for all the advice.