Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 09:42 PM   #1  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Christian Encouragers #153

Please join us! This is a site where you can come for encouragement and prayer support in your weight loss journey.
Old 09-03-2002, 09:44 PM   #2  
Quit counting at 45!

Default YOOHOO!

Where are you? I go away for the weekend and everyone disappears. And ... I did so well in my WOE while I was gone tool Please come back and talk to me. I need you!!

I had a great weekend. It's much quieter around here now with one DS gone to school. It'll be even quieter around here after next weekend with both gone. At least there will be less junk food in the house to tempt me!!

I hope everyone is okay. Please reply!
Old 09-03-2002, 10:58 PM   #3  

Angry Prayer is good!

Hello,
Kittylover here. New to 4FC website. I'm soon to be 50 yrs. old, weigh 225 and hope to get down to 160. I just started a walking program with a buddy today...we walked one mile on the promenade/boardwalk in our little town. I'm feeling it tonight. I welcome prayers, as I need God to help me through this at this point in my life, when I'm dealing with menopause on top of trying to lose weight. Please let me know how I can pray for anyone else that so desires!

Have a super Wednesday!
Kittylover
Old 09-04-2002, 07:27 AM   #4  

Blessing today. Sorry I have been gone. I have been struggling with my DD My 8 yr old has a tough time in school. We are two weeks into school and every night she has 4-5hrs of homework! If we leave her side she stops working so that is where I have been every night. Please pray for her.
A big welcome to kittylover! I am in the same boat. I really have to lose about 70 lbs my oldest DD is getting married next year. Some of the woman from church started walking and they have lost a lot! I started walking and Today I am so sore every move I make is painful!
Wilma sorry I have been gone. Way to go with staying OP you always are a inspiration to me! Is your kids back in school?

Lifting you up in prayer!
Sami
Old 09-04-2002, 08:09 AM   #5  

Sami -- I can sympathize with your homework struggles. Our youngest daughter, who just turned 9, has homework almost every night too. She doesn't work well by herself; needs someone there to constantly re-focus her attention. She was diagnosed with ADD last year and is on medication, but to be truthful, I haven't seen a whole lot of improvement. She also has a real problem with arguing and nasty moods. Most days I am at my wit's end with her.

I just started a walking program with my husband. We've been doing 2.5 miles every evening. I think it's helping me sleep better; I used to wake up a lot at night, but now my head hits the pillow and that's it!
Old 09-04-2002, 10:41 AM   #6  

Default Prayers were felt this a.m.

Hi Ladies,
So nice to know that someone is praying for my walking efforts. I'll pray for you all too. Last night, I could hardly move...felt like I had been rolled in an alley or something! I am so out of shape...it's not funny.

Praise the Lord though! I felt much better this morning, although my shins are sore. I guess, I haven't used them much before! LOL! I walked a mile again with my friend this morning on the promenade and it was somewhat easier. I'm just praising God that I could walk this morning!!

I do have a question, however...since this was my 2nd day of walking, it was also the 2nd day that I developed a headache after I returned home...about a half hour later. Is this cause for concern do you think?

And I can sympathize with you ladies that have children with lots of homework, and especially the one that has a child with ADD. My son was diagnosed with that in first grade, and I sincerely believe that the educators of today are overdiagnosing this condition. They like to label boys with ADD, so it seems. My son, who is now 12, was on medication as well. Adderall for a year and a half. However, he developed a low platelet count, which prevented him from clotting blood as normal people do, and he bruising easily. It was also life-threatening if he were to receive a head injury. He could've have a brain hemorrhage. Ultimately, we took him off the Adderall (similar to ritalin) as we felt that that was the culprit of his low platelet count. It also made him like a zombie...his personality was gone totally.

Anyway, the only reason that I share that with you, Chocolate, is that I am so against medicating our children and don't think that it's good for them. The educators just want us to make it easy for them. I say, "If they can't stand the heat, they ought to get out the kitchen!" My father was an educator for almost 40 years, and he never saw a student with ADD. I'll pray for your child.

If you think of it, I would appreciate continual prayer for my walking program, as far as stamina and self-discipline. Have a wonderful day!

Kittylover
Old 09-04-2002, 11:32 AM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi Ladies-- Real quick as I wait for the social worker to interview me to see if I am fit to raise my nephew ( at least for the time being) she should be here soon. My 12 yr. old nephew has also been diagnosed ADD, I think he is but I am also against medication for him as I have seen severe changes in his personality--- ZOMBIE, etc.
Keep WALKING!!!! my wife runs 2-3 miles every day-- if she is sore from running she walks-- She swears she feels WAY better every day because of it-- I believe her!! If you are in an area where the weather is bad-- get a good treadmill-- cross trainer-- go to the mall-- ANYTHING to keep moving.
MOVE IT OR LOSE IT-- IN CHRIST, Gary
Old 09-04-2002, 11:42 AM   #8  
Quit counting at 45!

What a treat to come here and see all this posts this morning! I have a day off and so I'm making cabbage borscht. I'll be using the veggies from my garden. I can hardly wait!! I'll also be helping my DS clean up his room. He says it's not messy but we haven't seen the floor for days. He leaves for Bible School on Saturday and I would like to see his room neat!

Gary: I'll be praying for you and your meeting with the social worker. I think it's so neat that you are willing to take your nephew in and give him a good home. God bless you!

Kittlover: I'm so glad you're walking. It does get easier. When I started up I thought my legs would fall off. Then slowly you can increase the distance and speed. Then you start noticing that your hips are disappearing. Keep up the good work!!

Chocolate: You're very lucky to have your husband's support. My DH supports my efforts but is too tired after work to walk with me. His is a very physical job! Keep it up!

Sami: I'll pray for you and your daughter. It's not easy! My youngest had to be sat with too but by the time he reached High School he was doing it on his own. It does improve!! How are you doing in your weight loss? You'll have to send us a picture of yourself in that dress!!!

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 09-04-2002, 10:52 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi Ladies-- everything went great with the child protective services counselor. She said I should have my nephew in a couple of days and my brother will take my neice-- it will be better for the time being to have them apart-- we are only 4 miles apart so they will see each other. Thanks for the prayers and keep them coming cause this may be a LOOOOOOOOOONG story.
Kittylover, I have bored most of the ladies with this story before but a couple of years ago I walked a 26.2 mile marathon in 5hrs. 43min. my wife and I trained with a group for 6 months. We started out with a mile and worked our way up-- YOU can do this (maybe not a marathon yet- but you can WALK)
Wilma I am getting fresh tomatoes, corn and avacados from a couple that I am doing some work for---soooo good. Tell those boys I am proud of them for their choice in colleges.
Sami-- keep the count down STRONG for that dress-- you FOXY mom of the bride. Hope that your DD gets the help she needs for that school work-- NOT EVERYONE is a student-- even though my wife is a teacher I think AMERICA neeeds to find a way to help those that are not in the MAINSTREAM.
GOTTA go beat up my carpet guy!! Ha, not really he just cant tell the difference between the rooms that get carpet and those that get tile flooring-- sure glad I went with high bidder. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES-- GOD LOVES YOU-- Gary
Old 09-06-2002, 08:51 AM   #10  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning All!

I know you're out there!! I've been tempted not to post with the way things are going around here. It may be the stress of having my boys leave home but I can't stay out of the ice cream and it isn't even a flavour I like. I do plan, however, that once I'm home from taking youngest DS to school to get back on track again. I don't want to blow what I've already lost.

Gary: I'm so glad that things worked out with the social worker. That boy needs a stable environment and you can provide that.

Well, my soup turned out great and I've been taking some to work each day. It's so nice to have something hot and healthy for lunch. I find it keeps me full longer.

Have a great day! Please post when you have an extra minute.
Old 09-06-2002, 02:50 PM   #11  

Hello Everyone

I've been gone for awhile. Not been very motivated and not watching very close of what I've been eating and so forth. Have been exercising some thank goodness

My son started kindergarten this year. We had a hard time getting him settled. He is having a hard time being gone all day. He does like school though. He even lost a couple of nights of sleep worry about it all which kept me up as well and stressed.

Hope everyone is doing well, See Ya
Old 09-07-2002, 08:58 AM   #12  

Thank you for all the encouragement! I am still waiting for the school to do the testing. My kids go to a very small christian school so she has to be tested in the public school she would go to if she were in public school. we have her going in the 2nd grade for the morning and 3rd in the afternoon. Part of the problem is the school has multi class rooms per teacher 1-2 are together and 3-4-5 are together so you have to be able to read and follow instructions that self learn with little instruction and if you have a learning disabilty you fall so far behind because you have to wait for help. I have noticed this week that when I read the problems to her she can answer correct and her spelling when she is saying it she does well there is just somethng between mind and writing it.

Wilma-You have to keep posting here! Just think if you never had to admit you are having a bad day then you would just give up and that is just what Satan wants. I know what stress can do keep on walking.

Choccolate-Thank you for your word of wisdom. Two of my other kids had a LITTLE trouble staying on task. But once they got to high school they have done so well! But my DD we noticed even as a baby she was slow she was the last to do anything. And in every grade even in preschool she was slow she takes 15 min to was her hands after going to the bathroom! Keep on walking you will start feeling so good and after that great nights rest!
Kittylover-I went camping last weekend with out church and I went hiking and I have been so sore I can't stand it! My arms even hurt? Keep it up you will notice like EZ said it will get easier.

Ez- I will pray for your nephew I have been in your shoes before and when my ex sister-in-law took the boys back and remarried and moved away I was heart broken. The boys are grown now and not very happy. It is so hard on the kids because they no matter what love there parents!

Bettycrocker-I know about the stress of school starting! My baby started this year this is the first time in 20yrs I have not had a child at home! Things will settle soon.

I am still hanging in here I think the reason I don't lose like I should is because I am on a lot of pain meds and muscle relaxers and it slows my metabolism. I also have noticed that my bloodsugar is high. I am trying to get off all my meds they are eating my stomach up. I have been on a new med and the side effects are bad........ so pray for me. I am seeing one of my Dr. this week so we will see then if I have lost anymore. I also am trying to walk but when I do my left leg below my knee hurts and my ankle swells (I did nerve damage last Dec when I fell off the top of a ladder (13 foot ladder) and landed on both knees) I know if I would press on I would make it.
Sami
Old 09-07-2002, 10:29 AM   #13  

Wink Happy Saturday!

Happy Saturday to Everyone
I've walked the boardwalk (1 lap=1 mile) everyday for the past 5 days...it's getting somewhat easier. I've also been practically starving myself for the past 3 days, and was disappointed to see that the scales still read 225 lbs.!

I'm thinking, maybe, like Sami, it's because my metabolism is slowed because of my meds...I'm on Paxil, Zyrtec and Norvasc. Does anyone know if any of these 3 meds does add to one's weight? I'd love to get off all 3 anyway.

Sami: Try not to get discouraged. I know exactly how you feel. But, I guess, we need to remember that we didn't put this weight on overnight, so it's not going anywhere overnight, either. I'll pray for your metabolism and efforts to be rewarded, though.

Betty Crocker: I'll pray that your son's transition with Kindergarten will improve daily and that your stress level will be minimized. Maybe, you'll be encouraged to walk away the stress and we can compare notes on how long we walked, etc.

Wilma: I too, love ice cream...but oh my! I was looking at the fat content of ice cream the other day...it's horrible! Have you tried frozen yogurt? It's lower in fat content...and I don't see all that much difference. Do you walk daily too?

Gary: Praise God things went well with your nephew. Thanks for your encouraging words about walking!

Chocolate: That's great that you're walking so much! I hope to increase my walking session to 1.5 miles starting next week. Please pray for me.

I want to thank everyone for being a part of this message board. It is such a blessing and encouragement to me. If you think of it, please pray that I will see some results, albeit small, soon!

Smiles
Kittylover
Old 09-07-2002, 11:04 AM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi Ladies-- Real quick here---So happy to see some posting!! Picked up my nephew last night!!! He is so excited to be here-- that excitement along with his ADD has got this hyper child doing 10 things at once-- but it is so good to have him here and safe. My brother picked up my neice yesterday too so we went by his house so brother and sister could see each other. Little sister was alot happier to see her brother than he was to see her. That is the difference between 7 and almost 12. He only has one outfit so it will be clothes shopping today-- my brother and I just went 2 weeks ago with them to buy this years school clothes-- somehow they have been lost in the shuffle.
Well the carpet guy finally left yesterday after 4 days-- my wife is very upset at some damage to the stove and her highboy from Ethan Allen-- rightly so, the owner will be out next week with the installor to go over it--- could get ugly but we are still holding half the money so we have a little leverage.
Well gotta take the nephew for a haircut and put my house back together along with the shopping-
PRAYERS to all of you and thank-you for yours- HE IS AN AWESOME LORD-- Gary
Old 09-11-2002, 08:33 AM   #15  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning Everyone!

It's an incredible morning here today. Beautiful harvest weather. The winters up here are long and cold and the longer this nice weather stays the better.

I've been faithfully doing my exercises each morning and have started to get back into walking again. My WOE needs improvement and I know that I need to stay away from sugars. I bought lettuce - first time this summer because of the garden - and am going to get back into salads at lunch again.

How have you all been doing? It's so quiet around here! Please post. We really do need each other. I have kept the 40 lbs. I've already lost off for 3 years and it's mostly because of the support I get here.

Have a great day!
Closed Thread