Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-19-2010, 10:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/176/133

Height: 5ft 6"

Default Oops

I knew it was a mistake to go to town today. I should have stayed in in the safety of my home where I've not let any sweet things in! I only went and bought a huge caramel bar. It's all gone. I told myself I'd just have one square - that's only 40calories. It's all blimming gone! What a numpty, that's over 1000calories gone in one stupid chocolate bar! And actually I feel sick. I used to eat two of these bars a day, plus 5 - 10 caramel bunnies! So I guess the diet has made a difference already in that eating rubbish like this is no longer normal, or even enjoyable - I didn't even enjoy it really. I feel a bit sicky and bloated and 'ick' now. Lesson learned. I won't be doing that again. I am not going to give up because of one stupid slip-up.
CurlyWurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:50 AM   #2  
Beautylicious

S/C/G: 148/144/135

Height: 5'6

Um...yay that you feel sick? (trying to find the silver lining here). Just a slip-up. Sorry you didn't even enjoy it, although maybe that's best. Drink some water, the 'ick' feeling should go away in a bit.
Tomorrow will be better!
CharlieBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Sounds like you learned from your slip and are ready to dust off and get back on and ride. That's good. Sometimes slips (as everything else) happen for a reason. Maybe down the road you'll be able to eat just part of one of those candies, but not right now. So, better to eat none than eat the whole blimming thing...right now.

Sorry it was awful and cheering that you will move forward. Hugs!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:13 AM   #4  
I WILL make it!

S/C/G: 220/186/160

Height: 5'8 ~ 51 years

So you had a cheat, and now you feel horrible. So dust yourself off and get back on the horse. Most of us are gonna binge sometimes, we are human but let it go and get back on plan. I slipped up and had 3 margaritas one night (over my calorie allotment) and felt terrible because I did not plan it. But life happens and I learned from it and let it go. Back on plan right away.yeah!
countryhomeschoolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/TickTickBoom/ST-220

Height: 5'6

It was a slip. You realize now how you can feel from such a slip and I don't think you're about to repeat it. Good thing about this all, you've admitted it to the boards. It's out in the open so you're not hiding it! Tomorrow is a new day.
Gourmet Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:51 AM   #6  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Are you from the UK? Brits and caramel bunnies.

Maybe I'd suggest trying to find a sugar-free caramel sauce (I use toriani cinnamon sauce, it's very good) and put it in my coffee...for me that's the ultimate... (or a choco coffee)

Perhaps a sugar-free pudding? I know it's horrible not to have sweets when you're coming down off a sugar high.

Good luck.
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:08 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gourmet Bean View Post
It was a slip. You realize now how you can feel from such a slip and I don't think you're about to repeat it. Good thing about this all, you've admitted it to the boards. It's out in the open so you're not hiding it! Tomorrow is a new day.
Well, I'm not hiding it from you guys... I don't think I'll be admitting it to my husband, though He's been so proud of the way I had stuck to this diet so far... D'oh. We live and learn, eh? But if I admit this to hubby I know he'll think I've just fallen of the wagon and that's it... But it's not it. I'm not even going to pig out today like I would have before (before I was always starting and stopping diets, and I'd slip up one day, and think "oh I'll start again tomorrow" and spend the rest of the day stuffing my face. Well this time I am not starting again tomorrow, I'm getting back to it NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weebleswobble View Post
Are you from the UK? Brits and caramel bunnies.
Yes I'm a UK lass lol Do they not have caramel bunnies where you are? x
Old 03-19-2010, 12:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/150/150/140

Height: 5'9"

Potato chips. Last night. I just couldn't resist. And this morning, I feel like I have a potato chip hangover! Dry mouth, feel like crap...amazing what your body will tell you, once you start to listen and feed it properly!

OK, and one oreo cookie...darnit...
Suzyszoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:20 PM   #9  

Haha. This should be our confession thread (or is there already one of those kicking about somewhere?)! lol

Isn't it funny how foods that used to make us feel soooo good start to make us feel icky when we aren't used to them 24/7?
Old 03-19-2010, 12:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I'll echo what everyone else has said: one slipup does not a failure make. You're still on track and doing great. You've acknowledged it and now you're moving on. Take pride in what a terrific job you're doing!
cehrriins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 246/198/140

Height: 5' 7"

learn your lesson, stick to your plan afterwards... This was probably a good thing because it just solidifies what you're doing!
jstanorangecountygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:33 PM   #12  
I WILL make it!

S/C/G: 220/186/160

Height: 5'8 ~ 51 years

Since were confessin'..... last Sat. night (out with my honey) I had an unplanned margarita....then 2.... then 3. But was the only time in 8 weeks I slipped up and I got up next morning like nothing happened and back to plan I went. (and I wasn't hating myself over it) I know there will be times this happens but I'm not going back to the old way!
countryhomeschoolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:40 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Not a big problem...we often take a step backwards....just remember to take 2 steps forward tomorrow!!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:40 PM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Not a big problem...we often take a step backwards....just remember to take 2 steps forward tomorrow!!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote