Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 10:17 PM   #1  
Searching for Motivation

Talking Stay at Home Moms #60

Stay at home Mom's #60

Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #59 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.

Jen
Old 08-26-2002, 10:27 PM   #2  
Searching for Motivation

Phew - it worked!

Here's my stuff for yesterday and today:

Sun - 1) day off from exercise
2) Drank 2.75L of water
3) No pop
4 & 5) No breakfast, pbj sandwich with 2 cheese crackers for lunch, left over chinese for dinner, popcorn (which I burnt btw - YUK!)

Mon - 1) lower body - 35 min
2) still drinking water - on 2nd L
3) no pop
4 & 5) no breakfast, grilled chix pita with lettuce and cucumber sauce (not sure what it was made of but I'm sure it wasn't good) for lunch, mix of left-overs for dinner

Still not feeling up to chatting about my issue - maybe another day. Don't mean to be depressing but I haven't worked everything out yet and don't know when I will. Really don't want to get on here and spout and then have everything be different the next day or week or whatever. So, I'll keep my mouth shut for now but thanks to everyone who has given encouraging words - it's nice to be heard

I hope all are well - it's been really quiet lately. Take care.
Old 08-27-2002, 10:47 AM   #3  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning everyone!

Where are you all? I miss reading a ton of posts everyday!

I did OK yesterday... didnt get on the treadmill because I spent over an hour on the phone dealing with the printer then another 70 minute on the road and in the printers store.. I think we have my issues solved!!

Goals for today:

1) Drink more water
2) On treadmill 35-40 minutes
3) more veggies

Sassy - I hope things are better for you today. I know what you mean about not talking until it is all sorted out. It will get there!

Take care everyone and I will check in later!
Old 08-27-2002, 02:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hello all! I'm Back!! Whew! What a weekend!
We ended up staying until monday. My DH's sister is home now. She got released yesterday. She scared us all really bad. She hemmoraged really bad from the birth and her blood level kept dropping. Then they started her on an iron iv and another blood building medicine and it leveled out and began to go up. She is still really weak but her insurance won't pay for any more days in the hospital so they released her yesterday
(it's a really crappy hospital) but she is glad to be home. So we drove home late yesterday afternoon and got in about 10 pm last night.
Being around that baby though is really making me want another one. My DH already wanted another so this is making him want another double time. I'm really considering it. When did you girls know when your family was complete? I thought two kids would be enough but now I'm even dreaming of three. In my head I have it all figured out. What do you think??
Also we are considering moving up there. My DH dad has his own dump truck buisness and is doing quite well right now and wants to buy my DH a truck of his own to work with him. It sounds really good but I have a few reservations. Me and my MIL are just now starting to get along. How will it be if we move there??? Could get better or might get worse... plus my DH sister (the one who just had her baby) thinks I should be her full time babysitter and I think not . I have two kids of my own right now. I love to hold the new baby and mess with it for a while but I also love to give her back. If it were my own it would be a different story. But anyway, we are looking into it. I think I need a change. I've been in oklahoma for toomany years now and want out. I just want to do what's best for my family.
Ok, now as for eating I did HORRIBLE these past few days. I'm back up to 141. I know some of that is water from salt and the heat but still it's a gain. Nobody up there knows the meaning of low fat or "light" so needless to say I ate heavy meals. If we do decide to have another baby I want to be healthy. And I don't want to gain a ton of weight with another pregnancy. Is that possible?? I hope so. But today I'm not really dieting. Just eating smallr meals. Tomorrow I'l decide what to do next.
Well, I wrote enough for now. I promise to get more personal responses out later. Have a great day!!
Old 08-28-2002, 07:44 AM   #5  

Default Hi Everyone

I am kinda back ,,,, My ISP isnt the greatest so I have limited time online I am trying to find a cheap one that can keep me on without getting the boot.. So far I have lost 6 of the 7 pounds I have gained since I moved.. Country air increase the appitite I guess.. I have a whole thread to read so I cant respond to each of you I wanna make sure I am caught up first...
We still have a lot of work to do on the trailer screens and wall and floor repairs as well as a few other things.. Winterizing for winter as well.. Good news is we did get rid of the jungle in the backyard so we now have our screen house out there.. I am a little sick of looking at the cornfeild though but it will be chopped down soon for cattle food
Gotta go will check in soon ( after I read the last thread and maybe the one before
Take Care and talk soon
Sheila
Old 08-28-2002, 02:42 PM   #6  
One day at a time.

Hello ladies!

Wow it's been a few days since I was here, I couldn't even believe it! Things are going good, I finally feel good again and have started back into my exercise routines. But I am going slow, until I feel 100%

As for my weekly goals, I'm doing ok but I am going to try to get the water in!

1. I didn't exercise until yesterday, and only for 2o minutes.
2. I did have most of my 100oz. of water, but not all.
3. I didn't eat to my minimum points, but I did eat good.

So... I'm going to re-state my goals!

1. drink 100 oz of water.
2. exercise for 45 minutes
3. eat within my point range (not above or below)
4. eat at least 5 fruits and veggies per day

BTW. Weigh in was last night, I lost 3.4 lbs for a total of 38.2 lbs!!
And I honestly believe that I owe it to the fiber I've added to my eating plan. High fiber cereal in the morning, then 5 prunes for a snack, plus a fiber supplement.

Sassy, I'm keeping you in my thought, and I hope things settle down for you soon! Take care, and we miss you!

Spryng, I know what you mean about getting baby fever every time one is near! I was hoping to have another one, but was never able to concieve. But my body is really changing with this weight loss, and it maybe give me a boost in trying. But, it's been such a long road that I'm not sure about it anymore? So I too am still giving it some thought.

Karen, my goodness! I hope you got things worked out with the printer people, and things can settle down for you too! How are things going with the pamphlet?

Well, Ive already walked for 22 minutes on the treadmill, so I better finish that up and put a load of clothes on to dry and finish up my chores for the day!

Have a beautiful day!
Old 08-28-2002, 05:41 PM   #7  
Searching for Motivation

Hi gals -

Here's the low-down for Tues:
1) did lower body workout (30 min)
2) drank 2.5-3L water
3) no pop
4) 1/2 english muffin with pb for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch, meatloaf, parslied potatoes and corn on the cob for dinner

I feel like I haven't had much time here lately - the pc is always on my "to do" list and I just don't make it or if I do, it's short! Next Tues I start work and I'll have the same amt of time - just more tense. I'll be more tired I know!

Dh and I have been having problems - that's why I was/am feeling down. This kind of thing happens every once in a while and I'm sure it's just a phase but sometimes I wonder if things will really get better or if we'd be better off apart. I hate feeling like this and I think we may start counceling just to iron out what is really at the root of our issues. So, in a nutshell, that's what's up. Again, thanks for the concern and well wishes

I glad everyone's feeling healthy and energetic again. Today I have already done upper body but still need to do pilates. I am off to cook dinner and check my schedule for the remainder of things that I need to get done today. Mel - I'd like to thank you for reminding me that I have laundry waiting in the dryer . If only it would fold itself........

Have a nice rest of the day ladies
Old 08-28-2002, 06:36 PM   #8  

Good afternoon all!
Today was my dd surgery day. Boy am I tired!
Last night at 9:00 pm I rushed my dh to the ER because he was having a pain in his upper right abdomen that kept getting worse and he was having a hard time breathing. By the time I got to the ER he had a fever, his blood pressure was way up and he was sick to his stomach. We were there for 5 hours! Finally the doctor came in and said he couldn't find what was wrong and sent him home, but he wants him to come back tonight after 7 to run a few more tests. (my brother stayed with the kids) so we got home at 2:20 am and had to be up again at 5 am. I was so tired. So we got to the hospital around 6 and her surgery was scheduled for 7 am. I wasn't able to go into the operating room with her so they gave her a sedative to calm her down and boy did it make her goofy! She was cracking me up. I almost cried when the nurse came to get her because she was so calm and looney She went to the nurse with no problems. The surgery lasted a total of 45 minutes and then she was in recovery for about 45 minutes. When she woke up in recovery she went crazy trying to pull her IV out. They called me back there to calm her down but I coudn't. She was so scared. So they gave her demerol and then she went back out. The surgery went well. No problems and now her hernia is repaired and she shouldn't ever have problems with it again. Right now she is running around the living room just as happy as can be. I am so glad it's over.
So now I am just tired. I took a small nap earlier but still need more. But I'll wait until bedtime. I can hold out that long (I hope) but my dh still needs to go back to the ER tonight. But I can't go. 1. I'm much too tired and 2. there is a chance it will be as long as last night and I have no one to watch the kids tonight and I can't take them with us because they will be a handful. So he's on his own. Is that terrible of me?
Anyway.. my eating hasn't been great today but it hasn't been terribe yet. I just can't seem to get back on the band wagon again. HELP!
Well I'm off for now. CUL8R
Old 08-28-2002, 06:37 PM   #9  
baj

Hi everyone--I meant to get that last post on this but I guess I pushed the wrong button...go figure.
Just to get the most answers I can i am going to ask the question here too. I hope that this one ends up in the right place.

My eclipse counts the calories that I burn right? is it 29.5 or is it 295? that is probably really stupid--almost as bad getting the post in the wrong place.

Sassypie--I am sorry that you and DH are having problems. I have been married for alittle over 9 years--been together for 12.
We had alot of problems when I gained weight and it took alot of working to get back even to talking about what was the real problem.
My thoughts are with you.

Anna
Old 08-29-2002, 10:51 AM   #10  
One day at a time.

Morning ladies!

Hi Anna, I think that you're safe going with 295, cause I burned 300 cal. walking for 50 minutes yesterday. I mean unless you exercise for a few minutes then it would be 29.5, so it depends on how long you exercised. Sorry, I may have made things more confusing !

Anyway? Things are good here, Dh is trying to get the electric ran at the lake so we can stay in the camper! YEAH!! And we're waiting on a new litter of puppies! She's due next week, so I'll really have my hands full again! Oh, but they're so sweet when they're little, and I love to watch the momma take care of them!

Where is everyone??? I miss all of the daily chatter!!!

I did really good with my goals yesterday, and I am feeling so good now!

1. I drank 90 - 100 oz of water
2. I walked for 50 minutes on the treadmill
3. I stayed in the middle of my point range
4. I ate all of my fruits and veggies

I am thinking I need a few new recipes, so I'm gonna go shop around the net for some. Have a good day!

274.2/ 236/135
Old 08-29-2002, 10:59 AM   #11  
One day at a time.

Spryng, I'm happy that things went good with your Dd surgery! And I hope your Dh is going to be alright too! Take care!
Old 08-29-2002, 11:25 AM   #12  
baj

Good morning!
Atleast my bird thinks it is...He keeps calling to the female who is not his and he is driving me nuts!!!!!
Just got done eatting bowl of raisin bran and am set for awhile.
Thanks for the answer on the calorie burning thing--now for another!!
How many calories does everyone eat each day? do you count? do you leave out food groups? Is it true that you should never go below 1200 cals a day? They say that if you do your body goes into starvation mode and is more likely to slow weightloss and you will be pron to the yoyo.
Guess that is more than one huh?
Have a great day!

Anna
Old 08-29-2002, 11:30 AM   #13  
One day at a time.

Anna, I'm on the WW points plan, so I count points instead of calories. But yes if you don't eat enough, your body will think you're starving it, and it will hold onto everything you eat. And you'll gain, so please be healthy and make sure you get enough to eat!
Old 08-29-2002, 10:15 PM   #14  
Searching for Motivation

Hello ladies -

Wed info:
1) did upper body w/o (30 min)
2) drank 2.25L of water
3) had 1 pop
4 & 5) had 1 english muffin with pb for breakfast, lunch was side salad and 1 slice cheese pizza, couple apple slices, dinner was 1 sloppy joe (chix) and between 10-15 baked fries. I had popcorn and a few grapes for snack.

Today's info:
1) did pilates and advanced taebo (60 min)
2) <2L of water so far.....
3) 1 pop
4) 1/2 english muffin w/pb for breakfast, 1 sloppy joe with side salad for lunch, cheese and crackers for snack, 2 slices sausage pizza for dinner, ate a few of the kids' fries.

Dh brought me a Skor candy bar - my favorite - and I am so tempted to rip into it. I know I'll eat it tonight so just add it to my list.....sigh.....I hate the week before TOM . Actually, this month has probably been the best in a long time - I'm not feeling the need to munch or have chocolate - until now .

I know I haven't been too chatty lately and I apologize for this. I have a limited amt of time here and as I said in an earlier thread, dh and I have been having trouble. Things are slowly getting worked out but only time will tell......how cliche ! I plan to check in but I can't guarantee that I'll get a chance to address everyone - my mind is so fried by the end of the day! I hope you'll all understand and not hold it against me . Take care everyone
Old 08-29-2002, 10:25 PM   #15  

Good evening all!
Well my dh was admitted to the hospital last night. They ran more tests but still have no clue as to what is wrong. But a new doctor thinks he might know so he's trying soemthing out on him. Hopefuly it works and he gets released tomorrow.
So I've been at the hospital all day and am exhausted!! So I'm calling it a day and heading to bed. Hope everyone has a great night!!
Closed Thread