Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 02:58 AM   #16  
Progress..not perfection

Angry How I've missed you guys.........

My goodness............you guys have been busy since I started this thread! You know, I was just thinking as I was reading all the posts how thankful I am for all you guys. I'm gonna get sentimental on you for just a minute, so bear with me. It seems like all of us are so different, with so many different things going on in our lives........yet we are all the same. We are all flowers in God's beautiful field. Some of us are roses, some are daisys, some are lilacs, some are sunflowers.........all wonderful, beautiful and unique, yet we are all part of this magical bouquet. I am so thankful that each and every one of you come here every day to share your life with me. It may not seem like a big deal to some, but I cherish each and every one of you. I can talk to you guys about things that I don't discuss with everybody else, because you understand. You have been there and know how I feel. It is so wonderful to have you in my life. You are all angels to me. Ok, I am done. I just had these feelings in my heart and I had to let them out. Thanks for listening. (you always do)

We had an awesome time at the drive in. The weather was just perfect! The first movie didn't start till dusk of course and by this time, it was still a little warm, but not too bad. In case your wondering, we don't sit all piled up in the car. Like just about everybody else, we have those fold up chairs (the ones that come w/a bag) and we sit those in front of the car. We always sit on the front row because there is a playground in front under the screen and the boys run around like wild indians about the whole time we're there, so it's actually me and dh that watch the movies. We spread out several quilts and pillows in case the boys got tired and we had made up several hotdogs & hamburgers that kept warm in a hot bag. We also brought along potato chips and miniature candy bars (ff pringles & vanilla yogurt raisins for me) and plenty of diet coke and water. By the time the first movie was over, all the heat was out of the air and it was nice and cool. It wasn't cold or hot..........it was just perfect. A nice breeze was blowing and we didn't even get eat up by mosquitoes! It was WONDERFUL! I wish you could have all come with me.

SaraJoy: That story you told about your hubby was hilarious. The way you told it just cracked me up! Isn't that just like a man though? Sounds like you've been really busy, but having fun too. I love to go on shopping sprees. Don't feel bad about the money you spent girl...........you enjoy yourself. 60 pounds gone........YOU DESERVE IT!!!

Baylee: Sounds like you have been really busy too my friend! Wow, painting the living room by yourself. I have never really been very good at that. Thankfully, dh handles most of the painting around our house. He always says that I put it on too thick. He usually stands over me while I'm painting saying, "Wax on.....wax off" in this really irritating tone. No, wait a minute. That's a scene from "The Karate Kid!" No, actually, he really does that just to irritate me. See what I mean..........MEN! What would we do without them?

Malia: Good to see you again my friend. I have always wanted to get into scrapbooking. It is such a neat project. I have to agree with what Baylee said too....I have great admiration for you. I do well to speak English, let alone trying to learn another language. Good for you. Sounds like you had a much better, healthier dinner today than I did..........what is it about the holidays? You just got to cheat.....well, just a little.

Lucky: So sorry your not feeling well. I hate colds in the summer too. (passing Lucky some kleenex, orange juice, chicken soup and orange juice) And trust me, when I was looking for some "inspiration" for you......I came across several nice prospects with not much clothing on. (I believe one of them was actually hiding his "attributes" with a rope .......
and nothing else! I was afraid to post any of those though. I tried to keep it clean. (AND BEFORE ANYONE GETS A BAD IDEA ABOUT ME------I was not looking at "bad sites" I just did a search under "pictures of sexy men"........shame on you for thinking the worst! Also, thank you for saying what you did about my birth date. That really touched my heart. I'm sorry you lost your Mom though..............(((((hugs))))) to you.

Mary: Sounds like you really did get a good deal on your cabinets and counter top. I've priced some new cabinets and they would cost me a lot more than that. Sounds like your a bargain hunter! Have a great day at work tomorrow!

Thin: That is an absolutely awesome idea about filling a bowl with the rocks/marbles to help visualize your weight loss. I hope you don't think I'm a copy cat, but guess who's heading to the store tomorrow? I'm sending warm thoughts and good vibes your way that yours will fill up quickly. (I would have used the good vibes smilie, but I think I'm close to my limit) That's what I get for being too excited at the beginning of my post! I need to learn to spread them out. lol

Kat: My friend! My friend! My friend is back! How much I have missed you and your humor! It seems like I have been waiting for days and days for you to come back. (well, actually I have I guess) (((hugs))) to you and you better believe I want to hear about that kayaking! Welcome home!

J-Ann: You sound like me, my friend. I have a "catch all" in my living room........and it is a book case too. Seems like everything, one way or the other gets stuck there. I cleaned part of mine off the other day and found a pack of cards, some keys (have no idea what they're for) a couple of toothpicks, some monopoly money, a battery and a biscuit. No, that last word was not a typo---I did say a biscuit. (one of those refrigerator kinds) Apparently, (and I'm guessing) one of the boys decided that they didn't want it and just layed it neatly.......WHAT AM I SAYING? They hid it behind a knick knack. Ah, kids will be kids though. It is amazing though...what you will find when you start cleaning.

Steph: Congrats on the 4# loss! That is awesome girl! Do you realize that you just lost 16 sticks of butter? I always like to think of weight loss in those terms. Sometimes people say, "Well, I only lost 2 pounds this week." But if you think of it as 8 sticks of butter.......WOW! I hope you and your dh had a nice day out on his birthday.

Well my friends, now that I have typed a book, I will take my numb butt out of this chair and head to bed. It's back to ol' work tomorrow night, so I'm staying up late to keep in the "groove." Hello to everybody else............where are you at? I miss you all. Come back and post. Take care everyone and I'll see you tomorrow!

Last edited by QueenB; 09-03-2002 at 03:05 AM.
Old 09-03-2002, 07:08 AM   #17  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

MORNIN'

I need "behave yourself" vibes ladies. I can't put 2 good days together .... again.

I got the bookcase done.Can't believe there's so much room! You don't want to know how much dust was on the top. I swear it was alive. It wasn't, but I wanted to shower in the middle of the project. Now if I can just force myself to pick up stuff once in awhile, rather than just stashing it on a shelf, it'll look good for a long time.

It's supposed to rain this afternoon and be very warm. A good day to be at work. Maybe I can get some rest here.

TTYL

j-ann
Old 09-03-2002, 09:36 AM   #18  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello everybody! Glad to see you all woke up about 9:00 last night!! I was missing you all real bad!!!

Mary: WOW! Pretty good deal on the cabinets. And selling the other one so quickly is great besides. Don't you wish things always worked out that way?

LuckyLadyBug: Sounds like it's Vitamin C and Echinecea time too. Hope you feel better!

Malia: Scrapbooking is probably the one craft I haven't decided I need to buy all the stuff for and leave sit in my basement! I have so much craft crap it's unbelieveable! I should get something out and WORK on it, than at least the pile of stuff would dwindle a little, eh?

Baylee: Honey, you have more ambition than I've had in a very long time. And I can't believe you are sooooo independent that you couldn't ask for help! Well, ok, ya I can. My mother is that way too. I was even going and taking her garbage for her, but now she seems to think she can do it again. I can't win. She doesn't want to 'bother' anyone. * I'm not allowed to do any painting here except for 'sponge' painting. DH always does the walls and ceilings. He says I make too much of a mess. And he's right!

Sara: WOW! Jogging again! Good for you! Maybe when your hubby made those comments you should have gently mentioned that a half hour jog would do him good too. That that would give you some 'quality' time together if he were to jog with you. I think you let him off the hook too easily!

Tina: I won't think you a copy cat at all. I need the visual aid, myself. I do like the 'sticks of butter' thing, but they melt when you leave them piled on the shelf too long as a visual aid!

J-ann: Ok, girl. Get it together. Here's your 'behave yourself' vibes : Isn't it hard to get with it? Geez, the longer you dink around with your program, the harder it gets to get back with it! Why is it that we like our old habits better than new ones??

Well, girls, I'm off to work. Just like everybody else, it's the beginning of a new week and off to work I go. I'm selling pansies this morning. Doesn't that sound like fun? They've got these new pansies out called Isicle Pansies. They are bred for a colder climate and if you plant them this fall they will bloom until the snow flies and then they are guaranteed to come up again in the spring too. They come in some beautiful colors (according to the website). My job is to go to Home Depot and find the shipment and then stand for 2 hours and hand out coupons while I water and dead-head them. Sound like fun??? I think I'll probably be spending more than I make today. These pansies look beautiful. I want some!

I'll see you all later. Love to all.

Last edited by thinthinker; 09-03-2002 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-03-2002, 12:40 PM   #19  

Angry Hi Ladies!

Whew! I've had a busy morning and I'm in for a busier afternoon and evening. Tuesday is my biggest piano lesson day PLUS I have 3 new students for the first time today as it's the beginning of September. I have about 4 hours until my next 4 students arrive but I have LOTS of cleaning to do before then. I didn't have to worry about it this morning as on Tuesday mornings I make house calls to my homeschooling students.

Baylee... Calamari is squid. It's usually breaded and fried in ring shapes but can be left in... squid-form too! It's absolutely delicious and that's why I stayed completely away from it the other day when my husband had a whole greasy plate of it as an APPETIZER! Good luck at WW tonight!

You know, as my hubby was sitting at the restaurant table eating WAY too much food and was I eating my chicken vinegrette salad, he started to feel really bad for getting so many "bad" foods in front of me. I told him it was okay as he didn't NORMALLY do that. He still looked terrible! Then I began to think... I'm GLAD he feels bad. He's at least 80 pounds overweight and really needs to start thinking about losing weight too! We've been together 5 years (married for almost 2) and I want him to be around to enjoy our grandchildren together!

Thin... While it's a good idea, my hubby could never keep up with me on a jog. I KNOW this! He does, however, have a gym membership that he SWORE to me would not go to waste and since getting it about 5 months ago, he's gone about 6 times! Btw, it seems like it might be nice to sell pansies for a morning. Hope you had fun!

J-Ann.... {{{{{BEHAVE YOURSELF!}}}}}

Tina... Your post was very touching! I feel the same way about all the ladies on this thread PLUS I feel you guys are one of the most important things that helped (and is helping) me lose weight! Ahhh.... group hug, group hug...

Chores, chores, chores! I WILL pop back a bit later this afternoon before my students come so post, post, post!

TTFN
Sara
Old 09-03-2002, 02:51 PM   #20  
a work in progress...

hello there, my poppits!

I must have been overcome with a generous spirit this morning, or perhaps they just caught me while I was still asleep...I agreed to go into work @ 7p tonight instead of 11. What the heck was I thinking? Now I have to go back to bed and it's such a nice day, there's so much I could be doing outside...weeding, for a start. Those pansies sound nice, Thin. I'm ready to rip out all the dying, old summer stuff and make room for mums.

Before I head back to zzzz land...I'll tell you a little story. There we were in Maine...feeling adventurous, and surrounded by water, we decided that KAYAKING would be a fun thing to try. how hard could it be? So we signed up for a 6 hour session that included instruction and then time on your own to practice these new skills. Bright and early we showed up to be literally sized up and fitted for wet suits...uh oh...here comes trouble. I'm feeling some trepidation at this whole process. Here are these young kayaking studs assessing body size and passing out the suits accordingly. Ready to bolt, I saw another woman that would be in our group with a bigger A$$ than mine and I felt a little better! YES! I KNOW that's mean!!

Trying to squeeze my ample proportions into an XXL wet suit was a sight to behold, I'm sure. No modesty here, we're all in the little shack together pulling these atrocities on. It was cute, I'm sure, watching me tuck my skirty bathing suit inside and then trying to zzzzzzip. (oh, the reason I know that my suit was an XXL, is because my son had to remark, in wonderment, at full volume I might add, at the size. "Whoa, Mom...xxl? Wow." Thanks, hon.

Once the suits were on, the life vests go over that. Not the big bulky orange things...these compact, tight, zip up numbers that had me so constricted I thought I would swoon. After THAT, goes the skirt...well, the apron, that you pull over the opening in the kayak to keep your lower half dry. I am spent and we are nowhere NEAR the water!

Once we got going though, it was fun. We were taught al the basic strokes and proper positioning for executing these strokes. My biggest fear was tipping...which my son did about 8 times...some I KNOW were on purpose. DH tipped once when we were out in deep water and we're pretty sure he broke a rib trying to get back in! Instead of bringing him to the shore and getting in that way, the instructor is trying to show him how to straddle the kayak and hoist his body back in...something snapped and hit against the buckle on his life vest and really hurt him. He hung in til lunch break and then passed on the afternoon session. He is still in pain, a week later...the stench of BenGay in bed at night could kill ya!

Let me tell you girls, this has GOT to be one of the most serious calorie burners known to man!! It is work, but it's fun. Towards the end, I was starting to lag behind. I wasn't struggling, mind you, I was just meandering. I was enjoying the scenery and the sun and the fact that I was actually doing it! I guess I wasn't keeping up well enough for "Ward," who offered me a tow. Horrified, mortified and just plain ol' embarrassed, I politely declined, saying I'm fine, thanks. I guess old Ward didn't believe me and hooked a tow rope to my kayak. I'll be damned if he was going to have to actually PULL me, so I had to work that much harder at keeping that line slack!! It didn't help when I/we pulled up along side my daughter, who asked "What's wrong? Are you OK?" I was a little snippy with her because I was pissed off at Ward...had to apologize later for whatever I said....It was worse though when we pulled up next to my son..."HEY MOM! HOW COME YOU'RE BEING TOWED??????" ...cringe...Thanks, Ward.

All in all, it really was fun and quite exhilarating! Despite my embarrassment at the huge wet suit and the "tow job" I was proud of the fact that I actually did it and didn't follow my first thought of, "No way, I'm too fat." I figured that I will not let this weight be an excuse for missing out on anything. I've spent a lot of time waiting to be "thin enough" to do whatever. No more. Life is to be lived.

By the way...I probably gained about 4 lbs while I was away...undid all the good I had done the week before. No problem. Right back on track and back into exercising mode I will go. Can't wait til school starts. (Thursday)

Gotta run, I guess I'd better get my butt back into bed...7:00 will be here before I know it!...see you in the am...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 09-03-2002 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-03-2002, 08:28 PM   #21  

Hi all,
New here and thought I would post here. You all seem like a friendly bunch!

I have been seriously dieting since June 22 and have been very good about my eating. My exercising is another thing… I am a foster mom and right now I am between kids so I have a lot of time to fine ways to get in trouble. I hope I fit in with your group.

k
Old 09-03-2002, 08:40 PM   #22  

I was going to post quick before I go out to wash the cars (manually) and take a walk but you all wrote so much I had to do my chores first.

Baylee, how was WW????? I am exactly like you when it comes to asking for help!!! I don't do it.
My brother and 3 of my nephews live across the road from me but I won't ask them for help and believe me on a farm there is a lot of help needed. Example: My rear view mirror fell off on one of those hot days in July. I bought the glue, got the mirror ready but couldn't get the mirror from the little doo hicky that goes on the window. So, I finally called my brother who comes over and needs a hammer to separate them. He said "why did you call me for help when you had the whole thing under control". I was fuming inside...as I told him...I hate it that I don't have the strength to do some of the things I want to. He just smiled. I don't think he really understands how frustrating it is!!!!

Sara, I find men are all like your
hubby...but then they do have some good qualities or WHY would we keep them around...

Kat, I AM SO PROUD OF YOU I bet that was fun - once in the water. There is something we can all work towards...meeting together and KAYAKING !!!! We will get Ward as an instructor, and dunk him in the river!!!! The Kat can tow Ward back to shore.....

Well, I don't feel like a cold really anymore...but I am taking Nyquil and heading to bed early. Tomorrow I have to ride for 2 hours with my boss and I am nervous. I think she will pump me about some co-workers and I don't appreciate it or think it is my place to tattle. Say a little prayer for me.
Old 09-03-2002, 08:49 PM   #23  

Welcome:lemon: post away...as you can tell we love to "gab"..
Oh, and support each other....
Old 09-03-2002, 09:04 PM   #24  
Michigan Old-Timer

'Evening, everybody! I'm back from both my 'flower lady' job and dinner out. The pansies are just too cute! If you want to check them out they are at www.iciclepansies.com. You plant them now and they will flower until the snow flies and then they go dormant for the winter and then they bloom again in the Spring. You don't have to dead-head them, cut them back or anything.

I sold at least a 6 pack to everyone I spoke with but one guy. He was precious. He proceeded to tell me how he thought pansies were 'old folks flowers' because his mother and grannie had pansies in the yard when he was growing up. Well, with this comment, I took one of the flowers in my hand (one that has a little 'face' if you know what I mean) and I said to him "oh, how can you not like pansies with their cute little faces?" Of course I said this in one of those voices that you reserve only for talking to babies. He just looked at me like I was from another planet! But I was asking a for real question. I mean how can anyone pass up the pansies with the cute little faces? I couldn't. I spent most of the profits from the job on the dang little buggers. So my garden will have all kinds of 'cute little faces' this Fall and next Spring.

Oh well, enough of that.

Sara: WOW! You had another busy day. Do you teach group lessons? With four coming at once you must have several pianos or are very creative!

Katrina: Honey, you are hysterical!!! I bet it was all quite the hoot! Don't you just love men! YIKES! between your son and his comments and your instructor! I'm sure you'd have liked to really hurt them! I'm so glad you're back to entertain us with your stories!

Lemons: Glad you made it by. Welcome, welcome. I hope you will enjoy it here. We are definitely an eclectic bunch! Congrats once again on your 58 pounds gone. That is absolutely wonderful!!! Exercising is definitely my big downfall as well. I hope when the weather cools a bit I will have more ambition in that direction. * How nice that you're a foster parent. My folks were when I was young (because I'm an only child, I suppose) and I have two foster sisters that I still keep in contact with.

Baylee: You didn't mention your visit to WW. We're all waiting here ready to hear all about it. Share, please!

LuckyLadyBug: I'm glad you're not feeling like the cold is coming on anymore. Maybe it was just a bad day for allergies. We've really been bothered by them this year and normally, I'm not bothered at all. Must be a strange year for them.

I'm gonna run. There's a special on the history channel of never before seen stuff from 9/11. I'm sure we'll be innundated with 9/11 specials for the next week, but that's ok by me. I think we need to remember that we are vulnerable and that many lost their lives in this tragedy. God Bless the USA!

You all have a great night. I'll talk to you later.

Last edited by thinthinker; 09-03-2002 at 09:11 PM.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:22 PM   #25  

Angry Hi Ladies...

I was facing that dilemma again--should I or shouldn't I post if I haven't gone jogging yet? Then I realized that I was exhausted and my body definitely does not want to jog tonight... so I'm not going!

Thin... Tee hee. I don't teach group lessons. I meant that my next four students *in a row* wouldn't be coming for a while! I definitely do NOT have 4 pianos! The pansies sound really cute, btw.

KAT... Your kayaking adventure story was worth the wait! Good for you for getting out there and doing it! In my humble opinion, you should have made an attempt to hit "Ward" on the head with your paddle!

Lemons... WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME! Congratulations on being OP since June 22! It's really getting started that's the hardest part! If you're looking for support for the long haul, these ladies are the best! My advice? Post often... everyday! It helps keep me on track!

Lucky... Glad you're feeling a bit better! I too should be getting to bed early tonight... I'm pooped!

Baylee... Hope you got a chance to get to that WW meeting. Let us know!

See everyone in a bit,
Sara
Old 09-03-2002, 10:51 PM   #26  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

HI Ladies,

I really want to go to sleep but I have to try to catch up here, at least a little bit.

Welcome Lemons, WOW are you ever doing well with your weight loss. Bet you're proud huh? I would be!

KAT, OMG I laughed and laughed. If I read in the news that a Kayaking Instructor in Maine drowned in his kayak while being towed at high speed by a BBW in another kayak, I'll know you've gotten your revenge! GOOD FOR YOU for stepping right up there and don' it!!!

BAYLEE, Come on. Tell us how your first meeting went?

THIN, I saw your pansies on TV tonight. Got to get some. They are so adorable and DO have CUTE faces. We've actually had some annual pansies winter over (last winter). They flowered right through December and were smiling again by March. They were regular pansies but the winter was unusually mild and they were in the window box, protected by the house.

LUCKY, don't push too hard til you're sure you've killed that cold or, you know, it'll come back to gt you again.

Okay I'm not caught up but that'll ahve to do for now. BTW if you can get Eddy's Frozen Fruit Bars where you live try the tangerine ones. Lime has been my favorite for a couple of years but the tangerine ones ar out of this world. YUMMY!

I got a call last night from my Saturday morning, aquajogging instructor. She's trying to get enough of us together so she can teach a class in "Women On Weights" after we get out of the pool. It's an intro. to using "weight room" at the Y. I said yes. I know I need to work on exercise and I know lifting, even itty, bitty, teenie, tiny weights will really improve my muscle tone and endurance. So what the hey. It's a good way to start. If she gets enough interest we'll start a week from Sat. If nothing else it will get me into the Y. in between swim days. I can go right after work. It's only 5 minute from the office.

Am definately off to bed now. Catch you tomorrow. Keep sending those behave youself vibes. I think they're working!
Old 09-03-2002, 11:22 PM   #27  
Michigan Old-Timer

[size=]HERE WE GO AGAIN! [/size]

[size=]STOP! DO NOT POST HERE! [/size]

Go to "300+ And Ready To Try Again....#208"

See ya there!
Closed Thread