Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #16  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

PBJ on light bread - I use low sugar jam I can myself, so it's not filled with high fructose corn syrup and the like.

WW tortilla with PB and banana - I heard this idea from Glory87 and it's been a go-to ever since. I will sometimes replace the banana with sliced apples and a tbsp of homemade apple butter.

If I'm traveling, I always have protein bars on hand. Not perfect, and yes, they're processed, but they're better than most road options and keep me moderately satisfied until I can get to some real food.

Egg sandwiches are also great - just microwave the scrambled egg in a bowl or small tupperware and toast the bread.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #17  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I hard boil a dozen eggs at a time and peel them and let them dry a bit on a paper towel. I take 6 zipper bags and put 2 in each one. On the days I work I grab a bag, sprinkle in a little salt and pepper and some hot sauce and throw it in my purse. I eat them on the way along with some fruit, (apple, banana, pear, peach...etc) and a yogurt. All for around 300 calories. My husband will also take some for his lunch... So a dozen really doesn't last that long. We love eggs, and a precooked hard boiled egg is a great little nutrient rich fast food. 1 egg has 100% RDA of MANY vitamins and minerals.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:27 PM   #18  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I generally keep homemade high fiber bread on hand and so toast and peanut butter has been my go-to breakfast. I did just buy some cereal again, so that may supplant toast as my hurry staple.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:50 PM   #19  
*Newbiee

S/C/G: 220/TICKER!/135

Height: 5'3

Special k bar / nutri grain bar
Hyphey2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:04 PM   #20  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkinThin View Post
Does oatmeal hold up in the fridge? Maybe make pre-measured servings and keep in small tupperware and zap it for 30 sec. Have plastic spoons in the car and eat on the run. That may work! Also, in the past I used to toast and butter a bagel the night before and put it in fridge in a plastic baggie, then nuke it for 20 sec. in the morning and ran with it.
Yes, it holds up great. I cook steel cut oats on the weekend when I've got more time and during the week I scoop out a serving and microwave it for 1 minute and I'm ready to go.

But I've had mornings when I didn't have time to sit and eat the oatmeal not matter how quickly it was ready so now I always have the 12 oz cans of v8 juice, mozzarella cheese sticks and almonds (counted out and in baggies) on hand to grab on my way out the door. I can eat that breakfast while I'm driving to work and the cheese and nuts are full of protein and fill me up.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:21 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 226/217/125

Height: 5'2"

Default A.M. Work Rush

I keep Instant Oatmeal or Instant Butter Flavored Grits in my office. I make two packs in the morning with water and shot of FF Half and Half. I always grab a piece of fruit on my way out the door.

Another thing is I try to keep a couple of FF yogurts in the fridge at work and that way if I don't have anything for breakfast I'll eat one with a piece of fruit.
FIGHT2DAFINISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:35 PM   #22  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Grapes, bananas and yogurt. The grapes are washed and broken down in containers, I have single servings of the Yoplait light yogurt strawberry or key lime, and a banana. Off to the races. I like some of the above ideas though, gotta try them.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 01:43 PM   #23  
Beautylicious

S/C/G: 148/144/135

Height: 5'6

Bananas, apples, cheese, nuts, yogurt tubes (frozen so they're less messy), instant oatmeal (terrible for blood sugar spikes but better than no breakfast at all), little pancakes that I make in batches and freeze (throw them in the toaster and I slap some pb on them if I don't have any bread). I'm fortunate to have access to a fridge, microwave and stove at work. I usually have a tub of yogurt and a variety of berries in the work fridge, for late breakfasts or for snacks.
CharlieBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:30 PM   #24  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Sometimes, I make porridge and/or natural cream of wheat ahead; then put it in small containers in the fridge or freezer, and just nuke it. I also have small containers of fiber cereal mixed with granola that I can grab quickly. Another option is a small bagel or wg english muffin with natural peanut butter or cheeze. I always have fruit and yogurt on hand too; just grab and go ...

Oh ya, I forgot that I have all kinds of UNsalted nuts here and with some raisins or dried apricots could be put in baggies to go; we do this when we go on drives a lot.

BTW, you can get plain sugarfree Instant Oatmeal in packets too.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-18-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:14 AM   #25  
Dream BIG to be small!

S/C/G: (kg)75/74/46

Height: 159cm 5"2

i grab a fruit, or that bottle of fruit juice. or put some sliced cheese on bread and i'm done!
unidestiny is offline   Reply With Quote