I have a butter cake and I know what I want to do with it!!

• Hi, I new here and looking for a place for support as I loose my two extra people I have been lugging around for the past few years

I had to make a cake today and boy I have done everything not to taste, touch or smell it. It has been 67 days since I have had sugar.....boy it is driving me crazy

IS this the place to meet new people???

Nice to meet you all!!

• Yes, lemons, this is the place to meet new people! The title of your post made me giggle so I thought I'd pop in and say "Hi!!"

Join any 'ol thread that strikes ya - hop in, we're a fun bunch!

Terri
  • Personally, I can't deal with completely eliminating things I love from my diet. I also know I can't deal with having an entire cake in my house. If I want some cake, I usually make one to bring somewhere (sometimes into the office). Sometimes, I cut the recipe a lot (meaning I make only a little batter) and cook it in a tiny springform pan my former roommate bought for me because she thought it was cute. Then I have a personal single serving of cake.

Today I made a lowfat recipe for chocolate chip cookies (because I had to have a cookie). I brought some to my neighbors, I ate a few and I hid the rest where I won't see them everytime I walk into the kitchen. Out of sight truly is out of mind for me.

The other thing I've done is that usually when I make cakes/muffins or other baked goods, I try to make healthier choices. I use half whole wheat flour (to add fiber). I make zucchini apple cake (moist and delicious, but there are vegetables and fruit hiding in there). At this point, I need to stop talking about sweets (I'm going to go get some canteloupe and make some lime yogurt to fake a dessert).