Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-01-2010, 05:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/237/140

Height: 5'7

Post Motivation...

Hi all...

I am just starting on my journey to lose weight... I am trying to come up with different ways to motivate me through my journey. One thing I am doing is I took a picture of myself now at a weight I am never going to be at again and put it on the fridge. I am doing this in hopes that every time I get the desire to go grab a snack or make a meal I will see it, and it will remind me to grab a healthy snack or reminding me that I am not hungry just bored and keep me looking forward.

I would love to get some other ideas that you all have used that has helped keep you on the right path. I have tried and failed so many times before to lose the weight and finally I am doing it for myself and make a lifestyle change, just looking for those little extra things to keep me going....
smccaleb06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 183/170/128

Height: 5'5

Welcome!!!

Some motivation I use is statements such as:

When I lose weight I can't wait to... feel sexy in a bikini!
When I reach my goal, I will reward myself with... the breast implants I've always wanted!
I can't wait for (blank) to see me! (for me its my ex, lol)
I want to do this so... I can get it over with and live the rest of my life without constantly worrying about my weight.

You get it! Just feel in the blanks with whatever is important to you, whether its vanity, health, or being around for family as long as possible!

Good luck with your journey!
katybug12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I come to 3FC every day.
I subscribe to Oxygen magazine.
My elliptical machine is in the livingroom where I cannot disregard it.
I come to 3FC every day.
There's a resistance band right there on the sofa.
There's a pair of dumbells on the coffee table.
I come to 3FC every day.
I read at stumptuous.com
I study at exrx.com
I come to 3FC every day ... I may have mentioned that already
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #4  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

I like your list Susan Coming to my two weight loss forums every day has helped keep me motivated too. Just reading success stories and seeing everyone support each other helps tremendously. Even if I don't always post comments, I am there reading and feeling like I can do it too!

For myself, seeing the numbers drop on the scale keeps me motivated too. I imagine it will for you as well smccale when you start losing more. It is awesome when you try on a pair of jeans that you could never fit into before. Basically, seeing results will help you move forward. The whole process is tough but rewarding
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote