Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-25-2010, 02:03 PM   #16  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

I have 3 shirts hanging in my closet that don't quite fit me yet they are one size smaller than I am comfortable wearing in public but if I had to I could probably wear them.

Jeans on the other hand I just keep poking a new hole in my belt when my jeans loosen up they are too expensive to replace as often as I need to because of weight loss

As Ever
Me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:16 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I've found that it doesn't really motovaite me. In fact, it kind of discourages me. The more days that pass that i DON'T fit in the smaller size, the more upset I get. What does help is when I DO grab a size I think I am, and go "heh, I might actually have to go a size smaller" *Victory*

I realize that everyone has difft tricks that work for them, so if it does work, I think you should do it.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:18 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Oh, and one more thing. Totally buy your clothes at ebay during your transition sizes.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:20 PM   #19  

S/C/G: (HW 247) 241/215/199

Height: 5'- 4 1/2"

Making Skinny,

You inspired me and I went to Old Navy today and bought a pair of 16's! I got the sweetheart style since they were a little looser in the hips and thighs than the flirt style. They're still a tad muffin-toppy, but I could wear them out if I needed to! I'm sooooo excited! I haven't bought anything without a W behind it in nearly 15 years!!!!

Go, go, go! I'll bet you can totally wear the 16's!! Buy the 14's too while they're on sale, they've got several different "washes" of color to choose from!
susieyarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:35 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

I've bought smaller size pants before. The main reason was because I was having a hard time finding capri pants that were the right length (I am short). Once I finally found some, I did buy the next size down also. This was at the beginning of last summer. And wouldn't you know, that by the end of the summer/early fall I was too small for both sizes, so I went back and bought yet a smaller size on clearance. Hallelujah!!!!!!!! LOL!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:39 PM   #21  
Almost there

S/C/G: 210/147/145

Height: 5'4"

I would definitely buy a size smaller if there was a good enough deal. I have one pair of American Eagle 14s that I'm just itching to be able to fit in! I bought them on sale when I was at my lowest weight around 5 years ago, and they were still slightly tight then. I can button them up now, but they give me a bit of muffin top and they're a bit tight on the legs. I figure 5-10 more pounds and they'll be perfect.

But the fact that I bought them 5 years ago, thinking I would get to the point that they would fit, and I still can't fit in them... goal pants do not work as motivation for everyone.
Kirjava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:07 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

Quote:
But the fact that I bought them 5 years ago, thinking I would get to the point that they would fit, and I still can't fit in them... goal pants do not work as motivation for everyone.
If I bought "goal clothes", they'd be out of style by the time I could wear them. But, if it works for you, go for it and enjoy!
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #23  
Step away from the buffet

S/C/G: Hi294.4/Restart 276/ticker/180

Height: 5'10

I just bought some cute scrub tops with my fave cartoon character on them in a 2x. I am probably another 10 lbs or so from them fitting comfortably. I also bought a ton of scrub pants in an XL, which will fit sooner (I'm busty!)

I need jeans that fit badly. I have a ton that are way too big, one that is a little big, and one that zips but gives me a serious muffin top. I would kill for one pair of jeans that fits perfectly.
Hello Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:52 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 260/236/145

Height: 5'4"

I very nearly did this with a really cute bikini i found the other day. It was 70% reduced and i loved it.
However, I have never worn a bikini in my life, so what makes me think i'll wear one when i'm 2-3 sizes smaller?
but it did get me thinking. When i was going through my 260lbs - 210lbs weight loss i always had my old clothes to aim to get into. I remember being so thrilled when i finally got into a pair of 18s that had been hanging in my cupboard for years. now i'm 16s and i'm just buying the clothes as i lose. i'm not happy with my wardrobe 'cos i'll never own more then 3-4 pairs pants or tops at any one time. But what i miss most is having something in my wardrobe to aim to get into. If I find a pair of jeans i like i very well might buy the 14s.
Ali87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:45 PM   #25  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Gulp. I just spent $99 on a dress one size smaller than I am now, but larger than my eventual goal. I have a requirement of wearing a black dress the beginning of April (singing in a concert) and this one I've had my eye on was on sale last week. I can't even be sure of what size I'll be, but I took the chance...

Hope I don't regret it but it appears will be a style that should look good when I manage to get to goal weight.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:58 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 324/283/260

Height: 5'7''

ive been thinking about doing this with jeans. I am in between sizes and just bought ones that are semi muffin toppy so that I can keep trying them till they fit. when i was buying them, I almost grabbed the next size down as well.
katkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #27  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

If it were me I couldn't do it. I'd rather wait until I WAS that size first. Buying a smaller size would just depress me if I didn't get down to it right away. Besides, I'd rather be happy with my current size and treat it as if that is the size I'll be forever while still trying to lose weight. That way any added weight loss is a bonus.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:15 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 190/170/130

Height: 5'2"

I hate clothes shopping soooo much!

Even though I lost 20 pounds last year (before my vitamin d got out of whack), I still didn't buy any new clothes. I feel better in my baggy ones. Not sure why. I'm hoping my pants will stay up a while longer. I'm not able to lose anything for a long time now, but I guess it's okay since I seriously hate clothes shopping. If I wouldn't look like a dork, I'd just go for suspenders haha
meowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:06 AM   #29  
Loving Life!

S/C/G: 230/220/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieyarb View Post
Making Skinny,

You inspired me and I went to Old Navy today and bought a pair of 16's! I got the sweetheart style since they were a little looser in the hips and thighs than the flirt style. They're still a tad muffin-toppy, but I could wear them out if I needed to! I'm sooooo excited! I haven't bought anything without a W behind it in nearly 15 years!!!!

Go, go, go! I'll bet you can totally wear the 16's!! Buy the 14's too while they're on sale, they've got several different "washes" of color to choose from!
Good for you! I'm glad I could inspire you! I also went out last night and bought those Old Navy jeans that are on sale, in size 16. They don't fit just yet - I could barely button them (but they did button!) - but they will!

I tried on the Sweetheart, The Flirt and The Diva (just for fun, they were WAY too low cut LOL). The Sweetheart buttoned up easier than the Flirt, but I'm really short waisted so they weren't very flattering. They looked like those old high-waisted "mom jeans" on me LOL. I'll need to lose a few extra lbs to fit into the Flirts, but it'll be worth waiting for a more flattering fit.

You'll have to update when you get into your 16's!!!
MakingSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:59 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

I work at Old Navy part-time... buy the jeans.

Seriously though, I realized that I have a fear about trying on smaller sizes, because I think that I couldn't possibly fit into them yet. One day I tried on a dress when shopping with a friend and she said "um... you realize that is WAY too big for you, right?!" And I didn't! It was a dress at target. i tried on the XXL I used to wear and unded up needing a large. You're working hard to lose the weight, and it WILL result in a smaller size.

Plus, these are JEANS not some item for a particular event with a deadline. Whenever you get to that size, they'll be there waiting for you.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote