Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-19-2010, 02:47 PM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudiha View Post
I think that this might be the ultimate secret to becoming a non-fat person, like Dieters' Zen. When I saw the thread title, it's was this element that sprang to my mind; I was all ready to come in and post that I live for food but it frightens me.

So, how do you get food to play a less important part in your life or would you have to kill me if you told me?
Haha, seems like the person that has already made it past goal could answer it better than I

I certainely haven't solved it yet, but frankly I just try to think about it less. Since I know I can't pig out on bad food, there's really not as much of a point anymore. Instead I try to have the gym, family time, playtime with my child at the forefront of my head instead of feeding times.

I guess I don't really have an answer, it's just a slow process of doing. I also personally put a huge emphasis on not being hungry which helps. If I'm starved at 3pm and don't eat, of course I'm going to think about dinner for 3 hours and pig out. If I'm starved at 3pm, I'll just eat a quick something so I'm not hungry and my brain can go to other things.

I hope this is something I get better at with time, b/c I agree with you that it is important
randomcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:55 PM   #32  
Absent Minded

S/C/G: See ticker for details. :D

Height: 5'4"

To put it simply... Yes.

There was no magic pill, no aversion therapy, no secret button that got pushed... I just didn't want certain foods any more. I used to live across the street from a Petro-Canada gas station with an A&W in it. Once my son was off to school I was off to the A&W to get breakfast. Or I'd go a little way up the street and get Wendy's. Or I'd cross the street and hit the food court at the mall. Gallbladder surgery took away a lot of my desire to eat food like that...

It didn't take away my desire for potato chips, chocolate or soda, though. The soda I can (and will) live without... Did any of you hear about the recent study that linked soda with pancreatic cancer? Sugary foods just don't appeal to me because I get a MASSIVE sugar rush and I don't like it AT ALL.

Unfortunately, I can't cut back on my salt intake too much because of my hypotension (low blood pressure). But I have taken to only putting a little bit on my food. (A pinch of salt after cooking just makes the veggies taste that much better.)

And lately if I'm hungry I'll go for bread, crackers or an orange if they're available. Before I'd go up the road to the 7-11 and buy junk food, but now I try to keep healthy snacks on hand so I won't have to.
MisfitRycher is offline   Reply With Quote