Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-18-2010, 12:46 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

Every Sunday. I try to only do it once a week so I don't get all obsessive over it.

Last edited by bunnythesAINT; 02-18-2010 at 12:47 PM.
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:49 PM   #17  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

I have to weigh every morning, so that I know my patterns. Like many people I have very significant fluid swings - up to 3 or 4 pounds - so if I only weighed once a week, I could get unlucky and have a real loss for the week obscured by a water swing. That would drive me crazier than the daily fluctuations do - the daily fluctuations no longer drive me crazy because I expect and understand them. By weighing every day, I get to see and be proud of all the lows, even though I know I'm likely to bounce back from them a little the next day or two.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:23 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 250+/161/120

Height: 5' 1"

I try to weigh in daily, if i don't i seem to eat a lot more junk during the day.
I think for me, weighing in daily keeps me on track a little bit more then if i didn't.

Staczy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #19  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
I have to weigh every morning, so that I know my patterns. Like many people I have very significant fluid swings - up to 3 or 4 pounds - so if I only weighed once a week, I could get unlucky and have a real loss for the week obscured by a water swing. That would drive me crazier than the daily fluctuations do - the daily fluctuations no longer drive me crazy because I expect and understand them. By weighing every day, I get to see and be proud of all the lows, even though I know I'm likely to bounce back from them a little the next day or two.

That is exactly how I feel too I am afraid to only weigh once a week in case I am having a higher day and I don't see any loss for the week. That would be very upsetting. I usually weigh in the morning about half an hour after I wake up. For me it's all about the rush I get when I see a new lower number. I will admit there have been days or even entire weeks, where I have been ready to toss that scale out the window LOL
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:47 PM   #20  
Princess in gym training

S/C/G: 228/190/130

Height: 5'9"

I weight every morning, I know the results aren't as dramatic as weighing once a week or once a month but I like to keep up with things on a daily basis.
BellaDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #21  

Height: 5'5"

after reading the posts i think i will also start of doing the daily weigh. i weighed myself this morning and i was down a pound from the morning before. it felt REALLY good! i was just afraid that maybe i was jumping the gun. Carter's post about the weight fluctuation due to water and catching it on a bad day was very helpful...i never thought about that and it makes so much sense. the fluctuations are crazy tho...i was 196 yesterday morning, 198 when i got home from work last night, and 195 this morning. so i definitely think i'm going to skip the nightly weigh ins, those might be a little depressing! hahaha!
shoeluver67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:11 PM   #22  
Loving Life!

S/C/G: 230/220/120

Height: 5'0"

I weigh in every morning, also. It helps keep me on track. Saturday is my official weigh-in day, the one I use to update my blog, ticker, current weight here on my profile. I take my measurements on the first Saturday of the month.
MakingSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:11 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 221/152/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
I'm currently a weekly weigher and I had a one pound gain this week even though I thought I was faithful to my diet and exercise plan. ; C It's sad to say that this one lb gain ruined my day...but it did. I feel like I have nothing to show for my hours of working out. I think you have a nice perspective on weighing though...so maybe I will start weighing daily...just in case of those water swings. And in a way...its kind of interesting to see all lows and highs your body goes through-kinda like a science project. hehe.
Chipmunk_Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:20 PM   #24  

S/C/G: Started Cal Counting on 1/4/16

Height: 5'10"

Personally, I would never weigh myself everyday. Our body weight fluctuates and changes constantly. I think once I reach my goal, I would probably weigh myself a couple of times a week (just to make sure I'm maintaining), but during the course of weight loss, I think its way too discouraging to weigh daily. Again, that's me, though.

After this week (this was my start week), I might either go every other week or monthly. It's a lot easier, especially if I am staying on track with my food.

Pictures and measuring are other options that I plan to use, not just the scale.

Last edited by JerseyPAGirl; 02-18-2010 at 02:21 PM.
JerseyPAGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 02:50 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I know the conventional wisdom is to weigh once a week when you are actively dieting, and I tried to do that but always wanted to weigh in more often. Then I saw that lots of very, very successful 3FC members weigh daily, so I realized it's really just what works for each person.

I can handle the fluctuations and stay focused on the trend, so I'm good with every day. Someone who sees a slight rise and gets discouraged and goes off plan should not weigh frequently. So it all depends.

At this point, I weigh every day but have one day designated as my official WI day and that's the weight I by for my ticker. But even that is flexible and I will update between weeks if I hit a milestone or if I'm doing a challenge that has a different schedule.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #26  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

For ME, it was extremely important I stay away from the scale as long as possible when I was starting. I knew from my previous experiences that if I got on the scale and saw a number better than I expected, then I would start taking liberties with my plan. And if worse than expected, I'd think not worth the effort and again start slipping up. So I made a plan which tracked my calorie deficit and kept that number in line. Did not weigh in at all for first 72 days. Now I weigh in once in each month.

So I've never seen a plateau, or a sodim retention bounce, or a TOM fluctuation...
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:25 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

I weigh in weekly and have from the very beginning. For me, weighing weekly was a lot, since I wouldn't dare look at a scale for years!

I love the weekly weigh-in for a few reasons.....

1) I'm not scale obsessed at all. I am careful of my choices all week long in hopes that I'll see a loss on my weigh in day.

2)Things come up. In other words, sometimes there are birthdays, celebrations, etc where I might be eating a bit more. I don't really sweat it too much, because by the time my weekly weigh in rolls around everything usually evens itself out (provided I didn't over-do it too much). I like this little bit of wiggle room, because hard as I try, I am not perfect all the time.

3) I have seen progress almost every single week! This is motivating!! I love it! I'm not sure if I would see such progress on a daily basis. I also have a weekly chart of my loss. It looks like a downhill slope when viewing the last year. DOWN DOWN DOWN!

4) My weigh-in day is on Tuesdays, and it's for a reason. It helps keep me on track over the weekends, because I know the weigh in will be soon. Also, it ensures that I'm on track each and every Monday!!! I want to see progress on Tuesday mornings!

I'm sure there are other reasons also, but overall, I really love the weekly weigh ins! It keeps me sane. I know not everyone would like weighing only weekly, but it has definitely worked for me.
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:25 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 241/223/160

Height: 5'4"

Ah yes, this is what used to drive me slightly crazy when I attended WW meetings.

If I was PMS or retaining water for any reason at the moment of the weigh in, I might be up 2 to 4 lbs when I had religiously been on plan for the week and had an actual loss. And then it would be written in stone for that week.

Another good reason for me to weigh daily right now!

Quote:
Mariella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:23 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Another daily here ... and yes it's about the patterns.

I'm going to quote carter ... the daily fluctuations no longer drive me crazy because I expect and understand them
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:10 PM   #30  
*Newbiee

S/C/G: 220/TICKER!/135

Height: 5'3

Every thursday
Hyphey2010 is offline   Reply With Quote