3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #31

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candi26 View Post
Do you guys also have a really hard time losing weight in the winter, been at a plateau for months now

any ideas???
I kind of got started in the winter, well serious in the winter, but I felt like summer was hard because it was hot and all icky all the time. When I exercise in the house I have more motivation because it's cold and exercise gets me all warm. That might sound super weird but that's what I do.
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #32
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I got a quick question for you guys, do you know you guys know any protein snacks i can take to school???

I have been takin in way to many carbs
-A handful (literally) of lightly salted nuts, eaten one at a time with sips of water in between.
-Ants on a log (celery, peanut butter and raisins).
-Perhaps a small protein bar.
-String cheese.
-Orrrr a half sammich with whole wheat bread and peanut butter and some bananas.

I'm 19 and have been trying to lose weight since like, forever lol. I was 14 when I really started trying, 17 when I joined weight watchers at my highest weight, 260. Been losing off and on since then. I know how it feels to be overweight when you're a teen. I know how much it sucks. But it's great that you're doing this now. And you can do it, never give up on your goal.

I'm hoping I can maybe possibly wear a swim suit this summer. I was 200 last summer and felt ok enough to wear board shorts and a loose tankini, so I'm hoping I can get lower than that.
I want ittttt.

Last edited by oodlesofnoodles; 02-18-2010 at 07:17 PM.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #33

hello! i'm new to this site..im 18 and struggling to lose weight. I lost about 2 stone 2 years ago, and felt amazing then as soon as i met my boyfriend...it all went down hill and now im 252 lbs and stupidly unhappy It's really nice to know that there are other teens out there though that are going through the same thing!
lauxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:45 PM   #34

Hello there, my name is Rachel. And welcome!
Yes, I agree, it is quite nice to know that there are other teens out there that are trying to lose weight too, it makes the alone feeling go away.
Just remember that if lost some once, you can lose it again!
Old 02-19-2010, 11:06 PM   #35

S/C/G: RS278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3

Hi!

I'm not a teen...but I was once! Since I take care of my mother..I live back at home, so I figured some of y'all might have this challenge too. How do you deal with being the only one who wants to lose weight? My mom still wants to eat fast food and bring "snacks" into the house.

carlee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:26 PM   #36
Not so starving student

S/C/G: 152.3/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm 21, but still don't think of myself as a "real" adult, lol. I lost around 20lbs when I was in 10th/11th grade on Weight Watchers and managed to keep it off until I started college. Darn freshman 15. It's hard, and I will say, I think weight comes off more slowly when you're a teenager. You're still growing and all that jazz, and I think that has something to do with it.

It's also hard to hear people say "you're young, you can eat whatever you want." I hear this ALL the time. Um, SOOOOO not true. I don't know WHY people are still saying this. Don't they know that childhood obesity rates are sky high? And as young people who are overweight, all of us know that being young DOES NOT mean you can eat whatever you want. If it did, there wouldn't be any obese kids!! I still hear that from people at work and at weight watchers, even. Ugh. One of my pet peeves.

"A man said to the universe, 'Sir, I exist!' 'However,' replied the universe, 'that fact has not created in me a sense of obligation.' "--Stephen Crane

Goal 1: 5% 145 lbs
Goal 2: 10% 138lbs
Final Goal: 130lbs
rosekeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:23 AM   #37

S/C/G: 242/212/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlee86 View Post
Hi!

I'm not a teen...but I was once! Since I take care of my mother..I live back at home, so I figured some of y'all might have this challenge too. How do you deal with being the only one who wants to lose weight? My mom still wants to eat fast food and bring "snacks" into the house.

You just GO for it. Im also the only one trying to lose weight and with succes (almost 30 lbs in 6 months!!) I try to focus on my goal as much as I can
You can do this, TRUST me
Candi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:24 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnythesAINT View Post
Hello there, my name is Rachel. And welcome!
Yes, I agree, it is quite nice to know that there are other teens out there that are trying to lose weight too, it makes the alone feeling go away.
Just remember that if lost some once, you can lose it again!
Good thing I started this subject then huh
Old 02-20-2010, 03:26 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by oodlesofnoodles View Post
-A handful (literally) of lightly salted nuts, eaten one at a time with sips of water in between.
-Ants on a log (celery, peanut butter and raisins).
-Perhaps a small protein bar.
-String cheese.
-Orrrr a half sammich with whole wheat bread and peanut butter and some bananas.

I'm 19 and have been trying to lose weight since like, forever lol. I was 14 when I really started trying, 17 when I joined weight watchers at my highest weight, 260. Been losing off and on since then. I know how it feels to be overweight when you're a teen. I know how much it sucks. But it's great that you're doing this now. And you can do it, never give up on your goal.

I'm hoping I can maybe possibly wear a swim suit this summer. I was 200 last summer and felt ok enough to wear board shorts and a loose tankini, so I'm hoping I can get lower than that.
Ughh I so wanna be in a bikini (never wore one)
Old 02-20-2010, 08:22 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlee86 View Post
Hi!

its a really good thing that you started this subject!
Old 02-20-2010, 01:16 PM   #41

Quote:
Good thing I started this subject then huh
Very good
Old 02-21-2010, 07:53 AM   #42

how's everyone doing today? my mums making a typical english roast for lunch with allll the trimmings...FAIL!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:15 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauxox View Post
how's everyone doing today? my mums making a typical english roast for lunch with allll the trimmings...FAIL!

OMG with trimmings???
Make something of your own, thats what I do when my mom makes something that full of fat..
Old 02-21-2010, 11:06 AM   #44

S/C/G: 240/190/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Ughh I so wanna be in a bikini (never wore one)
Last summer two of my friends convinced me to buy one. It was on sale, so I thought "Eh, why not.". Later that day we went for a swim, and I'm pretty sure I traumatised the both of them. ;P That was the last time I wore it. But hopefully I can wear it this summer.

I'm not really a bikini kind of girl, but I still want to wear one because I never could before.

Last edited by Rythm; 02-21-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Rythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 04:37 AM   #45

it was a fail...i could resist it! oh dear i live by the beach...everyone wonders around in tiny bikini's not fun!