Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-13-2010, 09:01 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candi26 View Post
Thanks so much and keep up the good work, we're all here to help you
=].
Just to respond to the 'what your doing' post atm I'm doing walk away the pounds dvds. They're pretty fun, actually, and it's easy to do right after school. And the biggest upside is I don't have to leave my house, I get so self concious infront of other people. I'm just wondering for anybody still in high school what do you do about gym class (if you have to still take it). I'm always super scared to a gym class because all of the other kids are at such a higher...level than me and...that kind of embarasses me.
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:50 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 242/212/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnythesAINT View Post
=].
Just to respond to the 'what your doing' post atm I'm doing walk away the pounds dvds. They're pretty fun, actually, and it's easy to do right after school. And the biggest upside is I don't have to leave my house, I get so self concious infront of other people. I'm just wondering for anybody still in high school what do you do about gym class (if you have to still take it). I'm always super scared to a gym class because all of the other kids are at such a higher...level than me and...that kind of embarasses me.

I also have this, that why I work out at home. But when you are in a situation like gym class( which was my favorite subject in high school BTW) you have to find a group of friends that can help you out. Like me I had the most amazing friends and they supported to do things like running across the footballfield. Even when I wanted to quit they were encouraging me to go on.
So find that group of friends, trust me it will help a lot!!

And remember, real friends don't care about how you look or what you can't do in a gym.
Candi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:27 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 117/115/107

Height: 5'2''

bunnythesaint, I'm not overweight, but I am a teenager (17 years old) , and I gotta say, I hated gym class anyway. People still made fun of me for being afraid of the ball in 8th grade volleyball. I was on the team, and it made me not want to play. I suggest you find something you like to do, or feel confident doing, or something your friends will support you in. If your teammates support you, you will feel 100% more confident and better overall. I found cross-country-my teammates are so nice even though I'm a slowpoke. Candi is right, your real friends will help you, not care about what you look like or your ability. Good luck!
Lunalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:52 AM   #19  
your calories are showing

S/C/G: 286/healthy&fit

Height: 5'5ish

well what i do, i use 30 day shred,no more trouble zones, exercisetv.com,walk away the pounds and HIIT. i was at a plateau but since starting to do diff exercises and eating less carbs and more protein,im starting to lose weight.

i hated gym class,in 11th grade i actually skipped that class everyday cuz i was so so embarrassed about doing the stuff they do and having people look at me like im the fatty who couldn't do anything(teacher even measured everyone's body fat percentage on their tummy and arms,etc in the class..like wtf!) but as stated above,i decided to go one day and i found some friends and it was so much easier and i passed the class..after that, i actually loved going to it esp for team sports days(loved volleyball)

Last edited by Brit; 02-13-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #20  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

hey girls
im 18 and have been overweight for my teenage years. im finally in my "healthy" range but just barely and ive still got almost 20 pounds that i want to lose!
its hard to lose weight at any age but as a teenager theres a lot of pressure to eat certain foods and be a certain way. i cant eat the foods that my friends eat and have the body that they have; my body just doesnt work that way.

the number one thing that helped me to lose weight is figuring out why i gained it in the first place. for me it was largely due to emotional eating. i still relapse in that a lot, but for the most part ive find other ways to deal with my emotions and my weight has dropped.
right now im exercising and im going to attempt to start counting calories, but im awful at it! lol
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:34 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 205.0/188.6/130.0

Height: 5'8"

I changed what I eat and how much I eat. I stick to whole grains, fresh fruit, lean protein, and low fat dairy. I only drink water. I work out in the morning at my college's rec center before going to class. I switch up my exercise each day so that I don't get an over use injury or hit a plateau (ex: cycling, elliptical, rowing etc.). I'm doing 80% cardio and 20% weights. When I do weights I focus more on repetitions than getting to a higher lifting weight because my goal is to tone up, not become a body builder! lol

In general, I would say what has really helped me to shed the weight is to think about it as a lifestyle change. This is the life I want for myself and I am doing what I need to do to make the life I want for myself. Putting myself in that frame of mind has made me feel happier and more empowered.

1 for every five pounds lost in 2010 (so far):
livingoodinthe707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:23 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingoodinthe707 View Post
I changed what I eat and how much I eat. I stick to whole grains, fresh fruit, lean protein, and low fat dairy. I only drink water. I work out in the morning at my college's rec center before going to class. I switch up my exercise each day so that I don't get an over use injury or hit a plateau (ex: cycling, elliptical, rowing etc.). I'm doing 80% cardio and 20% weights. When I do weights I focus more on repetitions than getting to a higher lifting weight because my goal is to tone up, not become a body builder! lol

In general, I would say what has really helped me to shed the weight is to think about it as a lifestyle change. This is the life I want for myself and I am doing what I need to do to make the life I want for myself. Putting myself in that frame of mind has made me feel happier and more empowered.

1 for every five pounds lost in 2010 (so far):

I also just eat healthy and exercise on a daily basis. The only time i dont exercise is on the days i have school and work (monday and wednesday). I do insanity for cardio 3 days and p90x 2 days for weight training. P90x will NOT make ne bulk up because women don't have the testosterone to do that. The women you see are bulk are probaly takin something.

Ps a little unhealthy here and there doesn't matter, I usually work it into my calories remeber this is a lifestyle not a diet!!
Old 02-14-2010, 04:31 AM   #23  
--Writer--

S/C/G: 227/220.2/199

Hey! I'm 19, almost out of my teen phase... (ahhhh) I've been overweight since I was a little kid.

=) Right now, I go to the gym and walk/jog around the track. I try to avoid eating many carbs, especially earlier in the day...because I tend to gain a lot of calories from doughy substances without realizing it. I keep Lean Cuisines around my dorm. I also try to eat a LOT of salad without putting too many unnecessary calories on top. I switch out foods...I have grilled chicken instead of pizza...and I order off of the 'healthy' items when I go out instead of pigging out. Most of the time. (I've also come to LOVE vegetables. And tofu.)

I like to plan very short term goals. They really help. And I still let myself indulge. Occasionally. It's my first year of college. I want to enjoy myself. =3
PastelApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

How's college goin' for you?
Just keeping things going, I guess.
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:46 PM   #25  

I got a quick question for you guys, do you know you guys know any protein snacks i can take to school???

I have been takin in way to many carbs
Old 02-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 240/190/140

Height: 5'8"

I usually take a couple pepperettes with me. They're one carb each.
Rythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:37 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythm View Post
I usually take a couple pepperettes with me. They're one carb each.

Thx ill look for them at the supermarket
Old 02-18-2010, 12:49 AM   #28  

Do you guys also have a really hard time losing weight in the winter, been at a plateau for months now

any ideas???
Old 02-18-2010, 03:30 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 172/172/120-110

Height: 5'3

Hey everyone im takari and im 18 Im aiming to lose 20lbs by the end of may for my 19 birthday. I just started working out again last night and im doing the 30 day shred a long with volleyball on tuesdays and thursdays at my college. Im really excited about this thread :I can't wait to read about everyones progress
takarixvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:20 AM   #30  
your calories are showing

S/C/G: 286/healthy&fit

Height: 5'5ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candi26 View Post
I got a quick question for you guys, do you know you guys know any protein snacks i can take to school???

I have been takin in way to many carbs
do you like boiled eggs?yogurt is great..maybe some fruit
Brit is offline   Reply With Quote