Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-07-2010, 04:57 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 240/190/140

Height: 5'8"

The first day of semester 2 was last Tuesday, which was actually the first day of my diet. One of my teachers tried to win over the students by giving us treats and having a get-to-know-you class in which we don't do any work. All she brought were chocolate chip granola bars... But man did they look good. ;P
Rythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #17  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Yes, I believe that almost as soon as you resolve to do something, you will be met with a challenge. You'll draw it to you somehow. The world is trying to find out if you're serious or just striking a pose. It's the world's way of asking: "Do you really, REALLY mean it?" You have to prove by your actions that you do, that you're not just thinking about it, and that you will not give up easily.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:22 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 172/162/120

Height: 5'1"

I am a teacher's aide at a vocational/technical high school. We have two programs that operate their own little cafes as part of the curriculum. I did well to beg off of the burgers with locally produced cheddar and bacon, served on a homemade honey oat bun with homemade handcut fries<sigh>.

I did not make out so well with the Plant & Animal Science class I am part of because we were having our yearly dairy unit, we helped students prepare for a FFA dairy foods competition with identifying cheeses by taste, identifying problems with milk by taste, grading real maple syrup by taste. We had a number of students do so well in the competition, so for now I will wear the regained 5 pounds with pride!
melissa78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #19  
Proud Y Chromosome Member

S/C/G: 285/231/under 150 (normal BMI)

Height: 5'5"

Default Yep :)

"Does it ever seem like the world's against you?"

Yes. Some days more than others. After my diabetes diagnosis, I went to the hospital for an overnight sleep study in order to evaluate my sleep apnea. It was around 10 PM and I was getting ready to start sleeping when the building suddenly lost power. I was in a non-critical part of the hospital so we were in complete darkness. The sleep tech informed me that severe weather (tornado) had disrupted city power and the test would be rescheduled. I got home after midnight and rescheduled the sleep study for the following week. Well, when I showed up there was a letter from the hospital apologizing for the inconvenience. Sitting on the night stand was a very nice gift basket. When I opened it up, I starting laughing. The sleep tech who was wiring me up asked me what was so funny and I said, "The gift basket is great. Cookies, candy, juice, and chips. I was expecting something more along the lines of fresh fruit and nuts. Maybe even a sugar free beverage, seeing as how I'm diabetic and morbidly obese." We both chuckled. I took the basket home and gave away the evil treats.
diabetic z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:52 PM   #20  
my beautiful rescue

Height: 5'4"

Ugh, yes. I have a soda addiction that I am trying to cut. I drank about 1000 calories of soda a day. I'm trying to limit and gradually ween off of the sugar. So the other day my mother got 4 sodas for free. Needless to say, I totally acted a fool on those sodas.
goreplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:09 AM   #21  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Whatever temptations you resist today, there will be more tomorrow - that's for sure.

But you can work that fact to your advantage - because it means that forgoing *today's* treat doesn't mean forgoing the last treat you will ever be offered.

Rest assured - Dunkin' Donuts will keep trying to sell you pastries. That woman at the office who brings in baked goods every Monday will bring them in next Monday too. And etc.

You don't have to dive face-first into every temptation like there's no tomorrow. You can say "I'll pass on this today." And then tomorrow, you can say it again. Because you'll always get another shot at it - nothing is ever the last tempting goody you'll ever be offered.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote